Author Topic: Fireworks!  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Cajun

• General Member
Fireworks!
« on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:28:22 PM »
We seem to have them all year round here for some reason, seems like quite a lot tonight though, any reason why?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Fireworks!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:31:21 PM »
Because Bonfire Night is approaching? :lol:

More seriously, I hate them.  Only cause the neds have no sense of responsibility and just fire them at anyone, or anything.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:32:12 PM »

I don't give out xmas presents every day for 2 weeks up to the 25th of December.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:35:57 PM »

I don't give out xmas presents every day for 2 weeks up to the 25th of December.

Yeah, but shops stock up and know they'll sell like hotcakes, cause fannies love to buy them and fire them indiscriminately. 
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:37:04 PM »

Yeah, but shops stock up and know they'll sell like hotcakes, cause fannies love to buy them and fire them indiscriminately. 

Yup. tossers! Like Iraq round here at the moment!  bluesigh.gif

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:43:48 PM »
heard a few loud bangs today, never twigged about bonfire night

omfg I've just remembered they have a f*** off massive display off the castle up here  bluebiggrin.gif

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:45:07 PM »
What the hells Eid?  :lol:

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:46:41 PM »
What the hells Eid?  :lol:

A big f***-off feast to celebrate the end of the Ramadan fasting, as far as I know.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
What the hells Eid? :lol:
Its a Muslim celebration that happens just after Ramadan I think.

Ah well at least there is a meaningful reason I suppose! Still think fireworks are s***! bluebiggrin.gif

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:47:24 PM »
It doesn't end until tomorrow though, or Monday.  I think it's just scumbags setting them off.

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:47:41 PM »
every first born child in the family has to go out and blow himself up in the street

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
It's Diwali.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 08:51:03 PM »
It's Diwali.

Bingo! 

Still think it's scumbags setting them off though. :lol:

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 09:01:15 PM »
Is it diwali today? Thats the Hindu festival isnt it?

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #14 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 09:01:52 PM »
It's Diwali.

Bingo! 

Still think it's scumbags setting them off though. :lol:

aye the muslims  blueyes.gif

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
Is it diwali today? Thats the Hindu festival isnt it?

Aye, and aye.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 21 October 2006, 09:38:14 PM »
Aye. Loads of fireworks going off in Edinburgh city centre just now...well I say loads, I actually mean a few...clearly being set off by neds with nothing better to do :wullie:
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 01:27:20 AM »
It's not neds with nothing better to do. It's an Indian festival called Diwali and it is the festival of light, thus the fireworks. Everyone is actually suppose to join in, so no it's not neds but every Indian-Brit living around you. And it's not only a Hindu festival, it's every other religion that can be called an 'Indian' religion as well (except, it seems, Buddhism) :cool: understand?

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 01:30:54 AM »
It's not neds with nothing better to do. It's an Indian festival called Diwali and it is the festival of light, thus the fireworks. Everyone is actually suppose to join in, so no it's not neds but every Indian-Brit living around you. And it's not only a Hindu festival, it's every other religion that can be called an 'Indian' religion as well (except, it seems, Buddhism) :cool: understand?

Unless you live in the flat next door to me, you couldn't possibly know whether it was neds or not. I saw it with my own eyes. Neds+Fireworks=PublicNuisance... a simple equation, but one which needs a proper answer nevertheless. :bigbro:
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 01:37:28 AM »
Where do you live? ;)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 01:53:14 AM »
GM is correct, it is vastly neds doing it.  Same here.  I mean, I'm really sure our Indian locals will be still be setting them off as of 10 minutes ago. :lol:

And when one blows up a matter of 20 feet away from your front window, you just know who's done it.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 10:32:03 AM »
Aye they were going on well after 1am here! tossers!

thompers

« Reply #22 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 11:18:57 AM »
Our neighbours two doors up each way where both setting off loud fireworks after 11pm til about 1am. The ignorant sods. But thats the Kind of neighbourhood I live in, full of ignorant, selfish b******s!

You're the selfish one. They just want to enjoy some fireworks. You could purchase ear plugs. What are they to do? Is there silencers avaliable for fireworks? NO! DIDN'T THINK SO!

Some people! It's all 'me, me, me'!

thompers

« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 11:22:45 AM »
You're the selfish one. They just want to enjoy some fireworks. You could purchase ear plugs. What are they to do? Is there silencers avaliable for fireworks? NO! DIDN'T THINK SO!

I'll stuff the fireworks up their arses for them. They should set them off at a reasonable time. Its illegal to set fireworks off after 11pm anyway.

Aye only people cos of whingebag party poopers like you complaining to the powers that be.

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 October 2006, 11:26:31 AM »

I'll stuff the fireworks up their arses for them. They should set them off at a reasonable time. Its illegal to set fireworks off after 11pm anyway.

Aye only people cos of whingebag party poopers like you complaining to the powers that be.

somewhere Verlaine's head just exploded