Poll

How do people think these buildings came down?

Two jets and jet fuel and impact velocity.
As above but also the buildings were quite old and not that well made.
The jets and a descision by someone 'to pull' the them.
They would never have collapsed like that without explosives weakening them.
Morrisey did it.

Author Topic: 9/11 Controlled demolition.  (Read 70583 times)

Bellers

Re: 9/11 Controlled demolition.
« Reply #100 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:16:56 PM »
I though for a long, long time the 9/11 attacks was a cover up. It gave the US the chance to save over a billion of dollars and at the same time it got the public wrapped round their finger, now all they have to do is shout "9/11" and they have the right to as they will. The way the buildings collapsed, the external damage to the plane that didn't make, it smacks of a US cover up...

Now I have a different point of view, whether I care less or no longer believe it was a scam, I don't know, but I believe the way the buildings collapsed could be explained by the melting of the upper structuer caused which a domino effect down the tower. However there is still a lot to be answered, why is there clear evidence the flight heading for the white house was shot down? And why was the pentagon evacuated before it was hit? etc, etc...

Yes, the US have a massive amount of explaining to do, but all they'll do is continue to fob us off with excuses. There's no way the truth will ever come out and as usal the questions will go answered as the US f*** off smelling of roses...

Knightrider

« Reply #101 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
What gets me, why the World Trade Center? Why not the White House? Why not Capitol Hill? Why not Buckinham Palace? This is what gets me about so-called terrorism, if you're hell bent on killing as many people as you can, there are more attractive targets in that sense. If you want to crush your enemy, why not top Bush, or Blair, it would be far easier to do than hijack a plane and flying it into a building.

smoggeordie

« Reply #102 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:32:45 PM »
Purely for effect? Not seeing the towers day in, day out, seeing a permenant hole in the skyline is a daily reminder for Americans that terrorism is still out there.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:38:24 PM »
The thing about terrorists is that their target is usually innocent people. That's my interpretation of it anyways. They very rarely target an important death like Bush or Blair although that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was allegedly headed for the White House.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #104 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:39:40 PM »
What gets me, why the World Trade Center? Why not the White House? Why not Capitol Hill? Why not Buckinham Palace? This is what gets me about so-called terrorism, if you're hell bent on killing as many people as you can, there are more attractive targets in that sense. If you want to crush your enemy, why not top Bush, or Blair, it would be far easier to do than hijack a plane and flying it into a building.

Partly because there wasn't a massive insurance claim to cash in on, perhaps?  And to fair, there's not one 'terrorist' attack, in one go, that has acheived more in death, for the apparent price.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Knightrider

« Reply #105 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:44:53 PM »
Maybe I'm being ignorant here like but do we even know why the World Trade Centers were targeted, they do seem rather random, and did the hijackers mean to bring them down or was that just a bonus?

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:47:31 PM »
Maybe I'm being ignorant here like but do we even know why the World Trade Centers were targeted, they do seem rather random, and did the hijackers mean to bring them down or was that just a bonus?

I think it was a bonus. If there was indeed no bombs planted then they could not have been sure that flying the planes into the WTC buildings would have brought them down. I think it was their intention to just crash it into the business and cause some considerable damage.

smoggeordie

« Reply #107 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:47:31 PM »
Doesn't seem random to me. Two huge buildings, seen every day by millions of people, famous all round the world, thousands of lives inside. Seems like an ideal terrorist target.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:49:25 PM »
wasn't the WTC built in a way which would have made it terrorist proof to an extent with the metal supports crossing over each other? or did I heard wrong.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #109 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 10:53:33 PM »
wasn't the WTC built in a way which would have made it terrorist proof to an extent with the metal supports crossing over each other? or did I heard wrong.

It was made in three different sections, to prevent a collapse like what happened. 
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

OmahaNUFC

« Reply #110 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 11:17:14 PM »
Do you idiots really believe the Bush administration is competent enough to keep such a vast conspiracy secret?  The secret CIA prisons was leaked, wiretapping was leaked, Valerie Plame's identity as an undercover CIA agent was leaked.  C'mon.

Offline David Icke - Son of God

• General Member
  • Bellend
« Reply #111 on: Friday 15 September 2006, 11:39:30 PM »

Completely crippling the US economy by targeting the heart of the financial district of NY, killing thousands of people and huge amounts of destruction reason enough?
"Following media reports this morning the chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone."

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #112 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

Completely crippling the US economy by targeting the heart of the financial district of NY, killing thousands of people and huge amounts of destruction reason enough?

Can someone remind me how the crippling economic effects manifested themselves?
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline johnnypd

• General Member
« Reply #113 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:40:27 AM »

yep, you're being ignorant  tongue.gif

WTC towers were amongst the most iconic and famous buildings in the world and symbolised the US, if not the global, economy. they also held 50,000 workers in the complex so the death toll would be huge and the sight spectacular. you must remember that the towers were also attacked in the early 90s, when the plan was to topple one onto the other. this time they succeeded in demolishing the towers, though obl apparently wanted to create a domino effect to wipe out more of lower manhattan, which was a bit optimistic on his part.

as for why they didn't target the capitol or the white house, they did! the one plane downed in penn was heading for dc and apparently towards one of these buildings. don't forget that they also hit the Pentagon, HQ of the american military.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #114 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:41:39 AM »
You're all wrong tbh...it was a missile of course.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hIv7AQrhZe4&mode=related&search=
?s=21

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #115 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:43:19 AM »
Knight, The WTC was always a terrorist target, Bin Laden tried to blow it up in 95 i think? A bomb was meant to be in driven into the bassment in a van.

It is also a symbol of american wealth and its role in the western driven global economy. I therefore believe that they had to have planned in some way for it actually getting hit. Its standard security procedure to think about the aftermath of an attack.

The WTC was an ongoing risk and it is not inconceivable that they planned the clean up beforehand. It was an nice isolated site in Manhattan. I've been to ground zero and its not that big an area. Remarkable given the ingerdients inolved. Imagine the damage done to the area if it has TOPPLED11!!!!

OMG OMG i've solved 9/11

:lol:

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:53:27 AM »

WTC towers were amongst the most iconic and famous buildings in the world and symbolised the US, if not the global, economy. they also held 50,000 workers in the complex so the death toll would be huge and the sight spectacular. you must remember that the towers were also attacked in the early 90s, when the plan was to topple one onto the other. this time they succeeded in demolishing the towers, though obl apparently wanted to create a domino effect to wipe out more of lower manhattan, which was a bit optimistic on his part.

as for why they didn't target the capitol or the white house, they did! the one plane downed in penn was heading for dc and apparently towards one of these buildings. don't forget that they also hit the Pentagon, HQ of the american military.

Is pretty much what I was going to say. The WTC was the perfect hit. Symbolically, financially, politically and simply of terms of mass murder.

One point to be made is the absolute certainty that people would see it round the world forever more. Fly a plane into any other of the mentioned places, all you get is the pictures and footage of the smoking building, or some shitty CCTV of the event like the Pentagon. Into the WTC however, you've got two massively symbolic buildings right next to each other, essentially counted as one iconic building. Fly a plane into one of them and you can guarantee within 5 minutes, you've got nearly the whole planet watching the coverage and seeing the next one go in live.

The image of that second plane entering the camera shot bound for the second tower while we watch the other one burn is an image which I'm sure will stay with all of us until we die, it still sends a horrible shiver down my spine. I don't think there's a building/buildings in the world that would have been a better hit.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #117 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 12:57:53 AM »

Hence having explosives to ensure they didnt topple and fell in a straight line would have been an excellent defence against such a threat.

O

M

G

Offline johnnypd

• General Member
« Reply #118 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:20:47 AM »

Hence having explosives to ensure they didnt topple and fell in a straight line would have been an excellent defence against such a threat.

O

M

G

:roll: :lol:

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #119 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:27:20 AM »

Interesting that me you and wullie had 3 slightly different slants but basically the same reply to HTT's retardedness all at the same time.  :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:29:30 AM »
And if it wasn't an aeroplane which hit the Pentagon...then what the f*ck happened to the passengers??? Load of b*llocks man. It was 4 aeroplanes hijacked and crashed, no bombs, no government cover-ups, etc.
?s=21

Offline johnnypd

• General Member
« Reply #121 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:33:49 AM »

Interesting that me you and wullie had 3 slightly different slants but basically the same reply to HTT's retardedness all at the same time.  :lol:

great minds think alike, and fools never differ. one of those will do. along with stating the obvious.  bluewink.gif

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #122 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:34:28 AM »
And if it wasn't an aeroplane which hit the Pentagon...then what the f*ck happened to the passengers??? Load of b*llocks man. It was 4 aeroplanes hijacked and crashed, no bombs, no government cover-ups, etc.

The thread is about whether the WTC was rigged as a security measure in advance of the attacks as they

a) Knew it was the US's highest risk target and therefore planned for the aftermath of an attack and

b) A toppling building is much more dangerous and difficult to clean up than one that falls in its own area, like a demolition.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #123 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:36:01 AM »
And the same people arguing this point, also claim the Pentagon wasn't hit by a plane, so where are these people, and where did this plane go?
?s=21

Offline ChezGiven

• General Member
« Reply #124 on: Saturday 16 September 2006, 01:37:03 AM »
And the same people arguing this point, also claim the Pentagon wasn't hit by a plane, so where are these people, and where did this plane go?

I'm not.