Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 231457 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Formula 1
« Reply #5475 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
Imagine hating Gasly :lol:

His redemption arc has been brilliant

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5476 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 04:18:27 PM »

Considering that post is coming from you, I take it as a complement.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #5477 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 04:20:19 PM »

Ooo, being personal?

Prick.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5478 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 04:20:57 PM »

Ooo, being personal?

Prick.

Thanks.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #5479 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 05:00:29 PM »
Lando is right that Stroll shouldn't have been able to swap his tyres during the red flag. Great race though, wonder if they will look at reverse grid sprint races for the future years.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5480 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 05:04:32 PM »
Lando is right that Stroll shouldn't have been able to swap his tyres during the red flag. Great race though, wonder if they will look at reverse grid sprint races for the future years.

Yeap, I thought that had been outlawed after Monaco 2011.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5481 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 05:37:18 PM »
Tbf, well done Gasley although I still think Carlos should've won that.  It was very lucky to pit before a safety car and then a red flag.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #5482 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 06:46:59 PM »

Ooo, being personal?

Prick.
I hate Gasly as well. He seems like a massive w*****. It was mostly sheer luck he won or got anywhere near the podium today.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #5483 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 06:52:04 PM »
No idea why they pitted Lewis so earlier, should have done it on the 3rd lap.
I thought this at first but then worked it out and it would have made no difference in time. He would have been miles back either way. At least this way he could get his head down. It really showed bottas up today though who was unable to pass anyone. It was actually a joy to watch him overtaking, you could see his moves were so well planned. He would have finished that race 40 seconds ahead of second if he hadn't got that penalty and had pushed in the same way. Probably more like a minute as he had to over take 7 or 8 cars as well.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #5484 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
Shows how fast the merc is as well when the pace is unleashed.

Offline spudwiser

• General Member
  • "Wait," he says... Do I look like a waiter?
« Reply #5485 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 07:41:07 PM »

Ooo, being personal?

Prick.
I hate Gasly as well. He seems like a massive w*****. It was mostly sheer luck he won or got anywhere near the podium today.

Just wonder why you think this?

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #5486 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 10:22:48 PM »

Yeap, I thought that had been outlawed after Monaco 2011.

I think it’s something daft like if it’s on the grid you can’t but because they were in the pits they’re allowed...
LGM

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #5487 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
If the race is red flagged I've no issue with repairing damage to body work, or even changing tyres to an extent. But if you're changing tyres to a different compound and that counts as you using two compounds in the race, thus not having to pit thats taking the p*ss.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #5488 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 10:52:34 PM »
But that rule applied to all teams today. It broke no rules. No point crying about it now.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5489 on: Sunday 6 September 2020, 11:22:01 PM »
I'm sure there used to be a traffic light on pit lane entry in the past. A joke to have the sign on the left side of a right hand bend.

Apart from the loss of a comfortable win, Hamilton didn't really lose out due to Max's DNF and Bottas' mediocre race.

I'd have preferred McLaren to get the win but Gasly isn't an unpopular winner (except for with a couple of people on this forum).
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #5490 on: Monday 7 September 2020, 12:14:46 AM »
Just watched the highlights. Wow :lol:

Almost feel sorry for Vettel today. :lol: Harsh on Hamilton in a way because that red cross is pathetic and him being the first gave him and the team little time to think and see and react accordingly. But rules is rules. How he managed to catch Ocon with an 8 second gap 3 laps from the end is madness :lol: Bottas bottled it.

Great race to watch, though. Props to Gasly, Sainz, Stroll and Lando too. Disappointing Kimi didnt get any points.

Ferrari. Wow.
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5491 on: Wednesday 9 September 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/54095848

Sergio Perez to leave Racing Point at end of year with Sebastian Vettel expected replacement

Sergio Perez will leave Racing Point at the end of the season, paving the way for four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel to join from Ferrari.

Vettel's arrival has not been confirmed but it is known that Racing Point, which will become Aston Martin in 2021, have offered him a contract.

Perez, 30, had previously insisted he was not leaving, pointing out that he had a contract running until 2022.

"It hurts a bit as I bet on the team during very rough times," Perez said.

The Mexican played a key role in preventing the team going out of business when it was known as Force India in 2018.

"We managed to overcome obstacles and I am very proud of saving the jobs of several of my team-mates," Perez added.

"I'll keep the memories of the great moments lived together, the friendships and the satisfaction of always giving my all."

He added: "To the current administration, led by Lawrence Stroll, I wish nothing but the best in the future, especially with the upcoming Aston Martin project.

"I don't have a plan B. My intention is to continue racing here [in F1] but that would depend on finding a project that motivates me to continue giving my 100% each lap."

Perez has been linked with both the Haas and Alfa Romeo teams in recent weeks.

German Vettel, 33, is expected to be announced at Racing Point in the coming days, with the Tuscan Grand Prix weekend at Italy's Mugello circuit starting on Thursday.

Racing Point team boss Otmar Szafnaeur praised Perez, who is known as Checo, saying: "Checo's established his reputation as a tenacious racer and together we have enjoyed some fantastic moments.

"If there was ever a sniff of a podium, Checo was ready to pounce, and those five podiums represent some of the finest days in the history of this team. Outside of the car, Checo is a true character and a good friend, and it's been a pleasure working with him for such a long time."

Analysis
Andrew Benson, Chief F1 writer

These are dramatic and fast-moving times at the Racing Point team, and signing Vettel - as they are believed to have done - is a big statement of intent for the future.

Team owner Lawrence Stroll is a Canadian billionaire businessman who has a reputation for getting what he wants and not minding who he treads on to get there.

His treatment of Perez in this scenario is in the best ruthless traditions of a sport famously dubbed the "Piranha Club" by former McLaren boss Ron Dennis.

It was Perez who triggered the administration process that allowed Stroll to take over the team in the summer of 2018 - and his move, which ousted former owner Vijay Mallya, was co-ordinated with senior team personnel.

Only last October, Stroll gave Perez a new contract for another three years with the team. Perez seemed an ideal fit for a midfield outfit - he was quick enough, a solid points scorer, and he brought with him sizeable funding from his Mexican backers, including Carlos Slim, the world's second richest man.

But Ferrari's decision to dispense with Vettel before this season had even started changed the landscape.

Vettel had been expecting to enter negotiations over a new contract with Ferrari and was caught by surprise when team boss Mattia Binotto rang him up and said he was surplus to requirements.

Racing Point's 2020, meanwhile, has been packed with controversy.

Their car angered rivals when it was unveiled in pre-season testing in February because it was clearly a carbon-copy of last year's Mercedes, a fact the team made no attempt to disguise.

When the season made its belated start after the peak of the coronavirus crisis had subsided, the car was protested by Renault, and Racing Point were found guilty of illegally copying Mercedes' 2019 brake ducts, and docked 15 points and fined 400,000 euros.

Rivals protested against that verdict, seeking further clarifications of the rules, and the last of these protests was withdrawn by Ferrari only last weekend after the confirmation by governing body the FIA of rules intended to prevent such a close copy of a rivals' car being legal in the future.

In the meantime, the Racing Point has emerged, on average, as the third fastest car of 2019. The team have not capitalised on its performance as they might have, but Perez's team-mate Lance Stroll - Lawrence's son - lies fourth in the championship, as do Racing Point in the constructors' table.

Lawrence Stroll took over Aston Martin earlier this year and has grand ambitions to turn around the famous British sports car company, which has stumbled from one financial crisis to the next.

Renaming his F1 team after the historic brand is one part of that plan, and Vettel has clearly been sold on the proposals laid out for him by the team's owner.

Vettel's reputation is not what it was, after three mistake-prone years and being usurped at Ferrari by Charles Leclerc. And if he wanted to stay in F1, it was his only hope of a semi-competitive car. But he will believe he can help the team make even more progress over the coming years.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #5492 on: Wednesday 9 September 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
f***s sake.  Perez is not top tier but he is just below that.  Swap out Bottas for Perez and I bet the point scoring would be the same if not better.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5493 on: Wednesday 9 September 2020, 10:02:31 PM »
Yeah I like Sergio.  Also he was the one who instigated the whole takeover by the Stroll's who I can't stand.
« Last Edit: Thursday 10 September 2020, 08:17:21 AM by neesy111 »

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #5494 on: Thursday 10 September 2020, 08:10:42 AM »
?s=20

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5495 on: Thursday 10 September 2020, 08:18:05 AM »
?s=20

He'll smash Stroll in that car.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5496 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 02:29:16 PM »
f***ing hell.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #5497 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 02:44:59 PM »
Sounds like its kicked off
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #5498 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 04:33:10 PM »
Mad race, so more entertaining when it all goes wrong

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5499 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 04:49:57 PM »
Mad race, so more entertaining when it all goes wrong

Great track, needs to stay on the calendar.