Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 224844 times)

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
Re: Formula 1
« Reply #5425 on: Monday 20 July 2020, 12:02:52 AM »
Stewards are such a joke man

Bottas jumps the start - no action.

Red Bull dry Albon's grid slot - no action

Haas pit before the start of the race, a totally legal action - 10 second penalty

Big team bias from refs is literally just present in all sports.

Bottas stopped his car within the pit box after jumping the start and before the lights changed. Also, his moving early then stopping completely ruined his start when the lights changed losing him several places. He did not gain an advantage, quite the opposite.

Haas got penalties for  “breach of Article 27.1 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, driver aids during formation lap.” i.e. the team telling their drivers via the radio to pit for tyres before the start rather than the drivers telling the team they wanted to come in for tyres.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-hungarian-grand-prix-penalty/
« Last Edit: Monday 20 July 2020, 12:13:23 AM by LoveItIfWeBeatU »
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5426 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:15:28 PM »
Perez has got Covid 19 so will miss the British GP.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #5427 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:38:53 PM »
Perez has got Covid 19 so will miss the British GP.
Would love it for once in this day and age if they just f***ed it all off and put Damon Hill in the car as it would be exceptional if he is fit enough.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5428 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 03:21:06 PM »
1 second gap in qualifying to Red Bull.  This Mercedes is utterly ridiculous.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #5429 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 09:21:00 PM »
Problem we have is Ferrari and RedBull both slower than last seasons times, Mercedes have just continued the normal development curve of a year in F1.

Doesn’t devalue that it’s by far the best F1 car ever with the best driver.
LGM

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5430 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 03:43:08 PM »
3 tyre failures at the end.  Dramatic ending.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #5431 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
Lucky Lewis.  If they hadn’t brought Verstappen in he’d have lost that.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #5432 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 04:13:59 PM »
:lol: That was mint.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5433 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 04:18:06 PM »
Softer tyres next week as well.  Can't see anything but a 2 stopper.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #5434 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:40:22 PM »
Softer tyres next week as well.  Can't see anything but a 2 stopper.

Feel like they might mandate a 2 stopper on safety grounds.
LGM

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #5435 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 01:03:07 AM »
"Can we win this?"

"If you get on with it."

:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5436 on: Monday 3 August 2020, 08:40:27 AM »
Lewis is going to break so many records this season.

Good to see the anti-racism is organised now, was a shambles at last grand prix.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5437 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 03:11:11 PM »
Valtteri Bottas signs new Mercedes deal for 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53681055

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #5438 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 03:51:30 PM »
Should have been Russell.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5439 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 04:12:09 PM »
I can understand keeping Bottas for 2021 when the cars are going to be more or less the same next year (and Lewis isn't signed for 2021 yet). The rule changes resulting in big changes for 2022 is an interesting problem. Does a team go with experience (like Renault with Alonso) or try a new driver?

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #5440 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 06:19:38 PM »
I can understand keeping Bottas for 2021 when the cars are going to be more or less the same next year (and Lewis isn't signed for 2021 yet). The rule changes resulting in big changes for 2022 is an interesting problem. Does a team go with experience (like Renault with Alonso) or try a new driver?
They should try Russell now.  He doesn't seem like most other rookies, he consistent and rarely makes mistakes.  He hasn't seen a lot of wheel to wheel action though as his car is s****.  The problem is whilst Bottas is unlikely to ever challenge Hamilton closely that might actually be better for Mercedes as Bottas is consistent so it's not like the problems Red Bull have had in the last couple of years.

Also would it be good for Russell to go from being the best in his team to having to compete against one of if not the best racing drivers in history at his age?

It's a bit of a quandry but it's quite boring watching Hamilton have no-one to really compete with and next year it will be no different.  I bet Lewis would love to have a teammate that could run him close every year.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5441 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
I'm sure Mercedes would like Williams to be more competitive so Russell could show more of what he can do. Of the other Mercedes powered teams, Racing Point isn't an option and neither is McLaren next season. They could allow him to go to a non-Mercedes engine team but I doubt they will. The only likely free driver seats for next season are Haas (Grosjean) or Alfa Romeo (Räikkönen may retire). I can't see him going to Alpha Tauri or Red Bull.

According to Hamilton, Bottas does push him. The trouble for Bottas is he is a good F1 driver but Hamilton is one of the greatest ever.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5442 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 09:28:35 PM »
Red bull should get him for 2nd seat.

Offline AY

• General Member
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5443 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 07:13:22 AM »
I'm sure Mercedes would like Williams to be more competitive so Russell could show more of what he can do. Of the other Mercedes powered teams, Racing Point isn't an option and neither is McLaren next season. They could allow him to go to a non-Mercedes engine team but I doubt they will. The only likely free driver seats for next season are Haas (Grosjean) or Alfa Romeo (Räikkönen may retire). I can't see him going to Alpha Tauri or Red Bull.

According to Hamilton, Bottas does push him. The trouble for Bottas is he is a good F1 driver but Hamilton is one of the greatest ever.

Bit boring that Bottas gets a 1 year deal again and again so why would he take risks and challenge Hamilton? If it fails he loses his job, and mercs are so superior this (and next season) that no matter how safely he drives 2nd place is guaranteed. And of course Hamilton breaks records cause there is absolutely no competetion at the moment.

Surely Kimi will retire, most pointless thing ever racing that car.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5444 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 10:22:51 AM »
Racing point brake ducts found to be illegal.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5445 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 11:09:59 AM »

Bit boring that Bottas gets a 1 year deal again and again so why would he take risks and challenge Hamilton? If it fails he loses his job, and mercs are so superior this (and next season) that no matter how safely he drives 2nd place is guaranteed. And of course Hamilton breaks records cause there is absolutely no competetion at the moment.

I'm sure Mercedes are quite happy being "boring" winning the constructors championship and finishing first and second in the drivers championship each year. Mercedes don't want the situation Red Bull have where the second driver is too far off the lead driver. They also don't want a situation like they had with Hamilton and Rosberg. Bottas is almost perfect for Mercedes while they have Hamilton driving for them.

Offline AY

• General Member
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5446 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 07:37:14 PM »

I'm sure Mercedes are quite happy being "boring" winning the constructors championship and finishing first and second in the drivers championship each year. Mercedes don't want the situation Red Bull have where the second driver is too far off the lead driver. They also don't want a situation like they had with Hamilton and Rosberg. Bottas is almost perfect for Mercedes while they have Hamilton driving for them.

Of course Mercedes are happy, but as a spectator I am not happy. My opinion is that at the moment F1 is boring because Red Bull and Ferrari are so crap. Racing against teammate is always different.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5447 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
I just tend to concentrate my interest on the midfield battle. That's much more interesting.

It's quite rare for one team not to dominate in F1. Williams, Benetton, Ferrari, Red Bull and now Mercedes have all had long periods of domination over the last 40 years. The seasons where a few teams were in contention for the title are the exception rather than the rule unfortunately.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #5448 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 09:15:09 PM »
I just tend to concentrate my interest on the midfield battle. That's much more interesting.

It's quite rare for one team not to dominate in F1. Williams, Benetton, Ferrari, Red Bull and now Mercedes have all had long periods of domination over the last 40 years. The seasons where a few teams were in contention for the title are the exception rather than the rule unfortunately.

You missed out McLaren.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5449 on: Friday 7 August 2020, 10:58:21 PM »

You missed out McLaren.

I did. I was thinking Nigel Mansell era Williams and onward. I should have said 30 years not 40 years.