Author Topic: The Injury Thread  (Read 20313 times)

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
Re: The Injury Thread
« Reply #50 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 10:25:18 pm »
Posted mine before somewhere, so just a list:

Multiple broken fingers and toes, can't remember how many.

Broken nose three maybe four times.

Dislocated sholder twice.

Broken collar bone twice.

Assorted knee damage.

Out for the count a couple of times.

Various minor head injuries.

And fell down a hole at a party in a warehouse, smacked head on iron girder, 1.5" cut in chin, able to see jaw bone, it's a long story in another thread somewhere.

optimistic nit

« Reply #51 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 10:29:21 pm »
I was always falling down the stairs when I was a kid and I got myself some black eyes through it as well!

I used to fall as I would get a washing basket and sit in it, then slide it down the stairs in it :oops: Never a safe thing to do but I was only aged 3 and 4. Used to do that when my mam was busy :D

Haha i used to do that with the blanket off my bed, brings back memories that one, ALWAYS used to get wrong, ''just one more slide man mam pleaseeeeeeeeee'.Even if she said no, we used to do it again when she went back to whatever she was doing ''donk donk donk donk crash into the radiator :D''.

You two want to try it with a single mattress, it's the luxury version, although it can still be quite painful if you're the front of 5 people and you crash into the wall at the bottom.

plastic box lid tbh. i'd never have the balls to do a washing up basket. if it flips your in big trouble.

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #52 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 10:59:49 pm »
plastic box lid tbh. i'd never have the balls to do a washing up basket. if it flips your in big trouble.

WIPEOUT!!  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

optimistic nit

« Reply #53 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 11:26:49 pm »

WIPEOUT!! bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

i remember a discussion around the 3rd floor stairs at my old place whether to try going down them in a blue box, 2 feet in diameter, 2 feet high. it had sharp corners as well and with you in it it'd be top heavy, so if the friction with the carpeted stairs holds the box up for one milisecond over you'd go bluebigeek.gif . i didn't go down in it. washing up baskets would be less dangerous come to think of it. their smoother and less compact, so if it goes tits up you wouldn't be stuck in in you'd probably be able to slip out.

Brock Manson

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:10:58 am »
Oh forgot:

Was on a quadbike once and steered down a fairly steep incline.

One minute there was a quadbike between me legs, the next I was flying in the air and landing heavily. Broke my wrist and then the f***ers made me pay for a f***ing broken headlight. If it had turned left maybe I wouldn't have fallen off.  :wullie:

Snoopy

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:22:00 am »
Mine never flipped hence how I am still alive today! :D Nah, I used to have great fun with a washing basket, you can play all kinds in them when you are still small enough to fit in them :D

I used to get my head stuck behind things a lot when I was a kid, god knows how! :lol:

optimistic nit

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:24:45 am »
Mine never flipped hence how I am still alive today! :D Nah, I used to have great fun with a washing basket, you can play all kinds in them when you are still small enough to fit in them :D

I used to get my head stuck behind things a lot when I was a kid, god knows how! :lol:
one of those kids were you? ;)

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:26:59 am »

I used to love it, but I gave it up when the governing body of the sport* laid down too many safety regulations

* - me mam  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

optimistic nit

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:28:19 am »

I used to love it, but I gave it up when the governing body of the sport* laid down too many safety regulations

* - me mam bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Helmet and shin pads? :;)

i gave up when i moved house, and the stairs were no longer suitable. no other reason than that, i'd still be doing it now probably otherwise.

Snoopy

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:31:10 am »
one of those kids were you? ;)
I was a nosy kid and used to stick my head behind things to see, and then it used to get stuck :lol:

* - me mam bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif
:lol: Aye, mam's spoil all the fun! Iused to like jumping from the top of my bunk bed onto the sofa bed at the bottom but my mam stopped me. I couldn't see the harm in it as the sofa bed was well padded with blankets and pillows!
Maybe she was worried as I was always cracking my head on stuff as well when I was little. Like I said before, I was always falling down the stairs.

I can't really think of any significantly bad injuries I have ever had though.

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 12:47:06 am »
6 year olds don't have the mental capacity to consider the 'secondary bounce effect'  bluedead.gif

I can't believe I never fell out of a tree, I must have spent half my childhood in them

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 13 June 2006, 01:04:14 am »
Freud would have a field day with that s***

Geordiesned

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 24 January 2007, 08:00:25 pm »
f***ed my leg playing my first match of the season tonight. I was brought down in only the 2nd minute from a crude challenge from BooBoo Junior, his knee crashing into my thigh just above my knee. I managed to limp on after sitting out for 5 minutes but it's now swollen up geet massive and it f***ing knacks! I can tell it's going to be much worse in the morning though. f***ing f*** f*** f***ing f*** f***ing f***!  :(

BooBoo

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 24 January 2007, 11:34:07 pm »
Having viewed the challenge on Kammy's Justice Corner, it warranted a straight red but the ban may be reduced for lack of intent.

Tbh though, the real talking point was that wonderful curling reverse ball i played across the pitch onto your foot. Had the fans in raptures!  ;)

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 24 January 2007, 11:59:13 pm »
got a broken nose after the wife raised her head too quick from a playful headlock.

knocked wife out while pogoing in venue(sth shields)

double wammy about 12 year old of the ball hitting me very hard in the face which in turn whacked the back of my head off the post.

all in all nose broke 5 times(3 football,1 wife,1 door that was locked),ankle ligaments twice,and at least 1 bone in each of the fingers on my right hand.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 08:06:28 am »
Into double figures with broken bones  ;D

Gemmill

« Reply #66 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 09:00:38 am »
Never broken any bones.  I often wonder if I'm not superhuman.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 09:55:38 am »

I havent broken any bones either. Means we are both on the same level ;)
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Gemmill

« Reply #68 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 10:13:30 am »

I havent broken any bones either. Means we are both on the same level ;)

You haven't broken any because you are Walter The Softy. :P  Not dissimilar on your photo actually.

BooBoo

« Reply #69 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 05:41:05 pm »

Its all your flab that soaks up the impact Fatso!

Geordiesned

« Reply #70 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 06:49:25 pm »

;D

Gemmill

« Reply #71 on: Thursday 25 January 2007, 07:01:49 pm »

Laugh?  I nearly shat.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 25 January 2011, 08:40:10 pm »
Resurrecting an old thread here but seem to have really hurt my right shin. I do thai boxing and it took a few too many knocks tonight, can't really put my wieght on it and it is throbbing(and hurting) like f***. What is best, ice it, keep it elevated etc?

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 25 January 2011, 08:52:29 pm »
Yes.

Offline Ridman

• Nee Pullman
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 25 January 2011, 10:30:39 pm »
My mum accidently spilled boiling water on me when I was 2. Got a large scar on my upper arm and some minor ones around the wrist area. Of course I wouldn´t have any scars today if it wasn´t for the work of Poland´s finest doctors who kept ripping the bandages up for no apparent reason. They were also at fault for me being born 2 months early and being born with pneumonia meaning that I spent the first weeks of my life locked up in some medical box.

Then one time I drank some paint remover (mistaking it for water), was nearly the and of me.

edit: Oh yea, then when I was 2 I had some sort of infection and they gave me some ridiculously strong medicine (would never be given today) that made my teeth permanently yellow. Hell, I only lived in Poland for 4 years but that was enough for them to leave me with burn scars and yellow teeth for the rest of my life. The health care system is almost as bad as Poland´s youth football teams.