Author Topic: The Injury Thread  (Read 20328 times)

Snoopy

Re: The Injury Thread
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:26:33 am »
ripped fore... never mind. :?
:lol:

Doesn't conjure up a nice picture to be honest! ;)

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:29:17 am »
i elbowed myself in the balls while playing tennis.  :dontknow:

bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:29:57 am »
ripped forever into the flesh of my burning desire, i was just thinking aloud some lyrics.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #28 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:31:13 am »

bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif :lol:

true genius and commitment here, it took him over 22 mins to type all this out.

:thup: :thup: :thup:
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Snoopy

« Reply #29 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:32:17 am »
ripped forever into the flesh of my burning desire, i was just thinking aloud some lyrics.
Would be a best seller to be honest!!

I remember Jordan saying that one of the men she'd been with did the same thing. Wasn't you perchance was it? :lol:

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:33:12 am »

true genius and commitment here, it took him over 22 mins to type all this out.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

wanted it to be a full page but it took too long ;)

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #31 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:33:13 am »
Would be a best seller to be honest!!

I remember Jordan saying that one of the men she'd been with did the same thing. Wasn't you perchance was it? :lol:

I should f***ing hope not.

Snoopy

« Reply #32 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:34:26 am »
Hey I wanted to laugh like that but didn't think it polite!! ;)

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:35:41 am »
I nearly spat my drink all over monitor when i read it so he takes the blame :P

Snoopy

« Reply #34 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:39:02 am »
I nearly spat my drink all over monitor when i read it so he takes the blame :P
bluelaugh.gif

I have to laugh quietly cos the rest of the household is asleep! :D

Offline TêteDeMaure

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:39:22 am »
Had a squash ball full pelt in the mouth. Dislocated my shoulder, doing absolutely f*** all. Smashed in the nose with a football. Getting cramp in both legs at the deep end and middle not near the sides of the swimming pool, isn't a great thing.

Snoopy

« Reply #36 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:42:50 am »
I was always falling down the stairs when I was a kid and I got myself some black eyes through it as well!

I used to fall as I would get a washing basket and sit in it, then slide it down the stairs in it :oops: Never a safe thing to do but I was only aged 3 and 4. Used to do that when my mam was busy :D

Offline TêteDeMaure

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 12:47:02 am »
I was always falling down the stairs when I was a kid and I got myself some black eyes through it as well!

I used to fall as I would get a washing basket and sit in it, then slide it down the stairs in it :oops: Never a safe thing to do but I was only aged 3 and 4. Used to do that when my mam was busy :D

Haha i used to do that with the blanket off my bed, brings back memories that one, ALWAYS used to get wrong, ''just one more slide man mam pleaseeeeeeeeee'.Even if she said no, we used to do it again when she went back to whatever she was doing ''donk donk donk donk crash into the radiator :D''.

Snoopy

« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:01:19 am »
Haha i used to do that with the blanket off my bed, brings back memories that one, ALWAYS used to get wrong, ''just one more slide man mam pleaseeeeeeeeee'.Even if she said no, we used to do it again when she went back to whatever she was doing ''donk donk donk donk crash into the radiator :D''.
bluelaugh.gif Aye same thing with the blanket! It used to kill my arse bumping down the stairs like that as well, so god knows why I kept on doing it!
I used to like sliding down the stairs on my stomach as well, my mam always used to shout "You'll pull the stair carpet off!" :roll: What s****!
My brother used to dangle me over the banister when I was about 6, mam used to go MAD about that. And there was also a ledge at the top of the stairs that I used to swing on, I fell off that many times too.

Actually, come to think of it, its a surprise I am still here after all the tricks I played on those stairs once! :D

Alan Shearer 9

« Reply #39 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:04:27 am »
I had a fight with a bus station once and lost. No real serious injuries, but I know a guy who got a concussion when flushing the loo :lol: and another guy cracked his head open on a seesaw with a real fat b******

Snoopy

« Reply #40 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:08:12 am »
I had a fight with a bus station once and lost. No real serious injuries, but I know a guy who got a concussion when flushing the loo :lol: and another guy cracked his head open on a seesaw with a real fat b******
mackems.gif

eyeball_tickler

« Reply #41 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:09:09 am »

:thup:

Snoopy

« Reply #42 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:18:47 am »
:lol: I tend to fall UP the stairs now, I don't know how I manage that though! :D

Jackie Broon

« Reply #43 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 01:20:49 pm »
Broke my jaw just before christmas, had to sit down and watch my family all eat christmas dinner when all I could eat was a minging turkey soup concoction, knowing it'd be at least 6 weeks before I could eat solid food again. We had a second christmas dinner in february though bluebiggrin.gif

Invicta_Toon

« Reply #44 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 02:42:36 pm »
20 years old:

turned one of my my double jointed thumbs which I was born with into a single jointed one via a tennis ball sized swelling, after a freak fist collision sparring in Karate with a crazy black guy 30 years my senior

childhood:

flesh wound exposing ball joint of other thumb at primary school after leaning on the post of those b****** hook latches that held the doors open. Pain magically reduced due to application of fruit polos by school nurse  blueconfused.gif

3 fingers of one hand trapped in fully closed door of the old slam door trains here in Kent. A fact not realised until my mam looked at me, went pale and screamed (door not closed by my mam btw)

triangle shaped scar in forehead after headbutting the corner of a sideboard after falling down stairs at a family friends house

scar in back of head after playing tarzan in a junk yard and hitting a brick wall (possibly egged on by aforementioned family friend who was 2 years older than me)

what I wouldn't have given for a bog standard broken arm falling out of a tree  :roll:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 06:58:14 pm »
If anyone has had an injury which is interesting enough to be shared, then post it!

I was playing hockey last night (I'm a goalie) and dropped down to save a puck. Save it I did, but the b****** hit the inside of my right knee where there was no protection (God knows how, you couldn't do that if you tried!) at full pelt.

Now I have what looks like 2 kneecaps, and it's bruised and red at the same time.

WE KNOW YOU'RE A HOCKEY PLAYER, THE WHOLE FECKING WORLD DOES FFS! WE DON'T NEED REMINDING EVERY FECKING DAY MAN!

;)
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Brock Manson

« Reply #46 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 07:43:25 pm »
If anyone has had an injury which is interesting enough to be shared, then post it!

I was playing hockey last night (I'm a goalie) and dropped down to save a puck. Save it I did, but the b****** hit the inside of my right knee where there was no protection (God knows how, you couldn't do that if you tried!) at full pelt.

Now I have what looks like 2 kneecaps, and it's bruised and red at the same time.

WE KNOW YOU'RE A HOCKEY PLAYER, THE WHOLE FECKING WORLD DOES FFS! WE DON'T NEED REMINDING EVERY FECKING DAY MAN!

;)

Not *everyone* knows yet. ;)

optimistic nit

« Reply #47 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 07:48:30 pm »
i hurt a finger on my left hand(not sure whether i broke/fractured it because i didn't go to a doctor cause i'm hard) by having a mid air collision with a 14 year old girl while playing cricket (caught the guy out mind). i forgot to call it. I think i broke her leg :oops:

It did have some benefits mind. now i can do that thing where you seperate your first 2 and last 2 fingers (on my left hand only).

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 08:58:39 pm »
Knocked myself out cold by running and jumping into the pull-up bar over my doorway. No idea how I 'forgot' it was there and didn't see it :roll: :lol:
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #49 on: Monday 12 June 2006, 10:16:26 pm »

You two want to try it with a single mattress, it's the luxury version, although it can still be quite painful if you're the front of 5 people and you crash into the wall at the bottom.