Poll

Are you renewing your season ticket next season?

Yes
57 (63.3%)
No
19 (21.1%)
Depends on who the new manager is
14 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?  (Read 44363 times)

Offline ewerk

• General Member
Re: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?
« Reply #75 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:38:49 PM »
We have 1 million fans in England alone? What the **** are you on?
Mate honest and this can't be classed as abuse, but I can't think of one person on here who is less worth talking to than you, is there an ignore facility for this.

:lol: Its easy to skip past my posts if you want, I'm sad you feel that way as your posts keep me thoroughly entertained. Perhaps I'll go and batter my lass and kick a few dogs to show my dedication to you.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #76 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:39:26 PM »
What hillarious figures?  That there's 1 million toon fans in this country??  I think that's conservative.  Shirt sales is a pretty s*** thing to go off but we sold almost 800,000 shirts in 1997, in this country alone, now maybe only 90% of these are toon fans, but most older toon fans dont even bother with toon tops.  There's 1,200,000 people on Tyneside and Northumberland, at least half of these would class themselves as toon fans, as well as the manty thousands in the Borders, Durham and places like Cumbria.  Look at this message board, well over half the people on here aren't even from Tyneside.
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #77 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:39:31 PM »
Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives

Stevie, I like to think of the people you refer to in this example as mindless morons.  You like to think of them as true football fans.  I think that's where we differ here.

Aye, to be fair, these are just tossers on the p*ss looking for an excuse to act the t***.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #78 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:41:25 PM »
Mate honest and this can't be classed as abuse, but I can't think of one person on here who is less worth talking to than you, is there an ignore facility for this.

:lol: Its easy to skip past my posts if you want, I'm sad you feel that way as your posts keep me thoroughly entertained. Perhaps I'll go and batter my lass and kick a few dogs to show my dedication to you.
You have nothing to say generally though, and rubbished what I said without backing it up, honest there's plenty of people for you to talk to who are very similar to you on here, is there an ignore facility?

alex

« Reply #79 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:43:20 PM »
What hillarious figures?  That there's 1 million toon fans in this country??  I think that's conservative.  Shirt sales is a pretty s*** thing to go off but we sold almost 800,000 shirts in 1997, in this country alone, now maybe only 90% of these are toon fans, but most older toon fans dont even bother with toon tops.  There's 1,200,000 people on Tyneside and Northumberland, at least half of these would class themselves as toon fans, as well as the manty thousands in the Borders, Durham and places like Cumbria.  Look at this message board, well over half the people on here aren't even from Tyneside.
Define a fan then. And I'd love to see some evidence to back up your figures.

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #80 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

You have nothing to say generally though, and rubbished what I said without backing it up, honest there's plenty of people for you to talk to who are very similar to you on here, is there an ignore facility?

Well you keep replying to me don't you? So you're saying that in a country with a population of 49m, over 2% of the country are Newcastle fans? I mean ones who actually watch the games, have actually been to SJP and take an interest in the club. I seriously doubt it.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #81 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:44:28 PM »
Which figures would you like backing up?

alex

« Reply #82 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:47:34 PM »
Which figures would you like backing up?

I seriously doubt there are 1million Newcastle fans in the country but even if there were, seeing as they are only 52,000 attending games, I'm surprised you of all people would consider the rest to be 'true fans'.

Offline Skirge

• General Member
  • They Will Never Take My Cabaye
« Reply #83 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:48:29 PM »
I will still apply for a season ticket, fingers crossed I got this time around!!

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #84 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:49:22 PM »

Well you keep replying to me don't you? So you're saying that in a country with a population of 49m, over 2% of the country are Newcastle fans?I mean ones who actually watch the games, have actually been to SJP and take an interest in the club. I seriously doubt it.
Well that would wipe half this message board out.  Yes I'm absolutely convinced people that class themselves as toon fans would = 1m easily.

alex

« Reply #85 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

Well you keep replying to me don't you? So you're saying that in a country with a population of 49m, over 2% of the country are Newcastle fans?I mean ones who actually watch the games, have actually been to SJP and take an interest in the club. I seriously doubt it.
Well that would wipe half this message board out.  Yes I'm absolutely convinced people that class themselves as toon fans would = 1m easily.
Fine, but I'm not willing to accept that. You've totally digressed though, what's your point?

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #86 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:51:15 PM »

Well that would wipe half this message board out. Yes I'm absolutely convinced people that class themselves as toon fans would = 1m easily.

Ok, you're convinced, well done. Now you said you would back that statement up so...? Or are we just to rely on the fact that you've convinced yourself its true?

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
« Reply #87 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:51:31 PM »
Armchair fans don't count. They're not likely to be THAt genuinely upset if we lose, because of what they are - people with a passing interest who call themselves "fans".
Newcastle United - The Emperors New Clothes.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #88 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:53:10 PM »
Armchair fans don't count. They're not likely to be THAt genuinely upset if we lose, because of what they are - people with a passing interest who call themselves "fans".
I agree but a lot of these will pump money into the club via merchandising etc....  I think people who view the toon as "just a football team" are no different to these.

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
« Reply #89 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:56:03 PM »
I agree but a lot of these will pump money into the club via merchandising etc....  I think people who view the toon as "just a football team" are no different to these.

I know a lad, he's Scottish. Liverpool fan. Been to Anfield once i think, maybe twice. has strips, t-shirts, keyrings, videos. Even gets the mailorder catalogue. Gets all his info from SSN and The Sun. f***ing worst kind of fan in the world. I'd rather not have the likes of him, and i don't respect anything he has to say about football.

Gemmill

« Reply #90 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:58:00 PM »

:lol:

I might as well not renew then.  If only I could somehow make Newcastle United mean more to me.  Arrrgh, it's killing me that I don't feel as badly as you do when we lose. :(

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #91 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:58:09 PM »
I know a lad, he's Scottish. Liverpool fan. Been to Anfield once i think, maybe twice. has strips, t-shirts, keyrings, videos. Even gets the mailorder catalogue. Gets all his info from SSN and The Sun. f***ing worst kind of fan in the world. I'd rather not have the likes of him, and i don't respect anything he has to say about football.

Why do you not respect him?

In waht aspects has his heart less Liverpool other than not attending matches?
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

alex

« Reply #92 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:58:09 PM »
A Scouser once said to me "The trouble with you Geordies is you think you're better than all the other fans of all the other clubs". He was right too.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #93 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:59:02 PM »

I totally agree, and it's similar to a few of the posters on this thread, but he's surely classed as a fan, and on that basis the toon easily have 1m, even though it's getting off the original point of these wanks who aren't renewing for footballing reasons. 

alex

« Reply #94 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:59:36 PM »

I might as well not renew then.  If only I could somehow make Newcastle United mean more to me.  Arrrgh, it's killing me that I don't feel as badly as you do when we lose. :(
Stevie's a plastic tbh, he's already admitted he doesn't chin people when we lose.

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #95 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:00:12 PM »
I see you must've found the ignore function then since you refuse to back up your claim.

eyeball_tickler

« Reply #96 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:00:27 PM »

thats maybe a bit harsh but i know what you mean. its when these people argue with me about how well players played when they listened to it on the radio and i was there that really annoys me.

Gemmill

« Reply #97 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:01:20 PM »

Stevie's a plastic tbh, he's already admitted he doesn't chin people when we lose.

Even if we win I knock one person out per goal conceded.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #98 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:01:43 PM »
Look manc, which part of "what evidence do you want and referring to what" do you not understand?

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
« Reply #99 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:02:07 PM »

Why do you not respect him?

In waht aspects has his heart less Liverpool other than not attending matches?

He only supports them because they were good when he grew up. i have f*** all respect for that. There's a football team where he comes from, he should support them.

His heart is not Liverpool at all. If they hadn't been seccessful when they were, he'd "love" some other team. f*** that.