Poll

Are you renewing your season ticket next season?

Yes
57 (63.3%)
No
19 (21.1%)
Depends on who the new manager is
14 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?  (Read 40948 times)

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
Re: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?
« Reply #50 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:18:28 PM »
If the club means that much you seriously need to get a f***ing life. I'd let you off if you were still at school.
why does it not mean that much to you?
Good things come to those who wait

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #51 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:18:39 PM »
If the club means that much you seriously need to get a f***ing life. I'd let you off if you were still at school.

Exhibit A
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

alex

« Reply #52 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:18:40 PM »

They all do this, when you point things out to them  :lol:

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage.  There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan.  It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

exactly
Do you actually have any thoughts of your own or do you wait for Stevie to post something then agree?  :lol:

Gemmill

« Reply #53 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:18:47 PM »

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage.  There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan.  It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

exactly

It's like Graham Taylor and Phil Neal. :lol:

Gemmill

« Reply #54 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:19:17 PM »

Exactly.

:lol:

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:19:58 PM »
They all do this, when you point things out to them :lol:

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage. There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan. It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

Its nothing to do with knowledge of the past, people are ridiculing you because you are acting like every defeat is a dagger to the heart. Breaking up marriages? Beating the wife? Anyone who considers that as a sign of dedication is a fool with a very empty life.

alex

« Reply #56 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:20:11 PM »
why does it not mean that much to you?
I'm talking to the organ grinder  tongue.gif

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #57 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:20:11 PM »

exactly

It's like Graham Taylor and Phil Neal. :lol:
Do I not like that

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:22:09 PM »
Surely if you don't renew you've jumped OFF the Keegan bandwagon.  I wonder how the gimps who use it as a term of abuse will handle that. :shock:

I wondered about this. When we extended the stadium were the extra 16,000 fans Robson bandwagon-jumpers?
KBJ's are worse than RBJ's because most of the RBJ's in my opinion were younger than the KBJ's.  SJP was virtually a closed shop from 1993 to 2000, and the younger fans couldn't get in, and the true fans and the KBJ's were all there gettin older together, same c***s every season.

For people that aren't renewing for footballing reasons, **** OFF, I'd rather w*****s like yous weren't there.  We've got the same number of points as we did when we came 5th.

And i think there are almost certainly people who would rather YOU weren't there, if thats the attitude you have to anyone who makes a decision they feel is valid but you don't.

Oh, we also got more points than Derby did when they won the league in 1974/5. Doe we get a prize??
Pathetic, it was 2 points for a win.  The fact of the matter is, we've won 8 of our last 9 home games, and played very well, yet because a few are spitting the dummy out cos they haven't got the manager they want, they're saying they won't renew.  It's beyond pathetic, they shouldn't have been there in the first place, will be replaced and won't be missed.  If it was a reason like, can't afford it or working away, that's fine, any other is pathetic.

Wind your neck in, it was a joke about Derby.

I wouldn't have renewed had Souness still been in charge, because i couldn't have continue to offer my support to the club if they had let that happen.

I love NUFC, but if we get beat, i get on with it, have a few beers, calm down a bit, and move on. There is more to life than it, and thats a fact.
Newcastle United - The Emperors New Clothes.

alex

« Reply #59 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:22:09 PM »

Exhibit A
Aye, I freely admit that although I go to the games I don't want to chin wor lass if we lose  bluelaugh.gif

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #60 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:22:23 PM »

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage. There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan. It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

Its nothing to do with knowledge of the past, people are ridiculing you because you are acting like every defeat is a dagger to the heart. Breaking up marriages? Beating the wife? Anyone who considers that as a sign of dedication is a fool with a very empty life.
Oh dear  :lol:  Do you think I go around belting people because the toon lose?  I know Newcastle losing makes me feel VERY miserable, if I'm a "super fan" or whatever term the gimpy types use, then I must be, I must be a sad c*** cos I love the toon as well according to the other c***.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #61 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:25:01 PM »
Surely if you don't renew you've jumped OFF the Keegan bandwagon.  I wonder how the gimps who use it as a term of abuse will handle that. :shock:

I wondered about this. When we extended the stadium were the extra 16,000 fans Robson bandwagon-jumpers?
KBJ's are worse than RBJ's because most of the RBJ's in my opinion were younger than the KBJ's.  SJP was virtually a closed shop from 1993 to 2000, and the younger fans couldn't get in, and the true fans and the KBJ's were all there gettin older together, same c***s every season.

For people that aren't renewing for footballing reasons, **** OFF, I'd rather w*****s like yous weren't there.  We've got the same number of points as we did when we came 5th.

And i think there are almost certainly people who would rather YOU weren't there, if thats the attitude you have to anyone who makes a decision they feel is valid but you don't.

Oh, we also got more points than Derby did when they won the league in 1974/5. Doe we get a prize??
Pathetic, it was 2 points for a win.  The fact of the matter is, we've won 8 of our last 9 home games, and played very well, yet because a few are spitting the dummy out cos they haven't got the manager they want, they're saying they won't renew.  It's beyond pathetic, they shouldn't have been there in the first place, will be replaced and won't be missed.  If it was a reason like, can't afford it or working away, that's fine, any other is pathetic.

I wouldn't have renewed had Souness still been in charge, because i couldn't have continue to offer my support to the club if they had let that happen.

love NUFC, but if we get beat, i get on with it, have a few beers, calm down a bit, and move on. There is more to life than it, and thats a fact.

Good joke  :thup:

Of course there's more to f***ing life!!  When you see someone dying in a hospital bed you realise that.  However NUFC to many thousands of people are more than just a hobby, and I fail to see why people who don't have as much of depth of feeling, I fail to see why they don't understand that.

alex

« Reply #62 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:26:34 PM »

Oh dear  :lol:  Do you think I go around belting people because the toon lose?  I know Newcastle losing makes me feel VERY miserable, if I'm a "super fan" or whatever term the gimpy types use, then I must be, I must be a sad **** cos I love the toon as well according to the other ****.
That's Not what I said though. I love the Toon too believe it or not. There's a canny bit more to life than that though. Nobody is accusing you or beating people up but you did use domestic violence as a way of demonstrating that NUFC is 'more than a football club', did you not? That's bollocks imo.

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:27:07 PM »

love NUFC, but if we get beat, i get on with it, have a few beers, calm down a bit, and move on. There is more to life than it, and thats a fact.

Good joke  :thup:

Of course there's more to f***ing life!!  When you see someone dying in a hospital bed you realise that.  However NUFC to many thousands of people are more than just a hobby, and I fail to see why people who don't have as much of depth of feeling, I fail to see why they don't understand that.

Yes, yes it was.

Maybe the people who won't renew are goignto take that course of action because they love the club so much, feel so strongky about it, that they can't bear to see it get dragged down again (in their eyes) by the people running it. Althoguh they don't love the club as much as you, obviously.
Newcastle United - The Emperors New Clothes.

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
Do you think I go around belting people because the toon lose?

I don't know if you do or not but it was you who said:

Quote from: stevieintoon
it destroys peoples weekends if we play s***, it breaks up marriages, I bet any money more babies are conceived after the toon have had a good win, I bet there's more domestic violence and violent crime when we lose, to you it's "just a football team", fine, but it's more than just a football to me and many thousands.

Of course most fans get p*ssed off if we lose but most normal well balanced people have other areas of their life to take their mind off it and don't spend the next week of their life walking round with a long face just to show their dedication as you seem to take pride in doing.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #65 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:32:01 PM »

Oh dear  :lol:  Do you think I go around belting people because the toon lose?  I know Newcastle losing makes me feel VERY miserable, if I'm a "super fan" or whatever term the gimpy types use, then I must be, I must be a sad **** cos I love the toon as well according to the other ****.
That's Not what I said though. I love the Toon too believe it or not. There's a canny bit more to life than that though. Nobody is accusing you or beating people up but you did use domestic violence as a way of demonstrating that NUFC is 'more than a football club', did you not? That's bollocks imo.

I don't think it's bollocks at all.  There must be 1m toon fans at least in this country, over half of them will be from round here, and you're trying to tell me that events that happen at St James's Park don't effect at least one marriage on Tyneside on any given day.  Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives football, you can argue till your blue in the face, but you have as much chance of Stevie Wonder getting 3 treble 20's, than of changing my mind about the impact football can have on peoples lives.

alex

« Reply #66 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:32:39 PM »
I suppose the smashing up of the Bigg Market after both cup final defeats shows how deeply we feel about the club up here. I would have been doing it myself if I hadn't been at Wembley ;)

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:33:18 PM »
We have 1 million fans in England alone? What the f*** are you on?

Gemmill

« Reply #68 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:33:35 PM »
The only acceptable excuse for not renewing is if you've spent a fortune having your body daubed in hideous toon-related tattoos and can no longer afford to.  That is the only excuse that I consider acceptable.  That and if you're doing time for GBH following a defeat.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #69 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:34:36 PM »
We have 1 million fans in England alone? What the **** are you on?
Mate honest and this can't be classed as abuse, but I can't think of one person on here who is less worth talking to than you, is there an ignore facility for this.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:35:54 PM »
There must be a million fans, surely? There's the vast majority of people on Tyneside and that's over a million right there, innit?

alex

« Reply #71 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

I don't think it's bollocks at all.  There must be 1m toon fans at least in this country, over half of them will be from round here, and you're trying to tell me that events that happen at St James's Park don't effect at least one marriage on Tyneside on any given day.  Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives football, you can argue till your blue in the face, but you have as much chance of Stevie Wonder getting 3 treble 20's, than of changing my mind about the impact football can have on peoples lives.
Apart from the hilarious figures you've gave, all that proves is that some stupid f***ers overeact and can't handle their drink.

alex

« Reply #72 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:36:59 PM »
We have 1 million fans in England alone? What the **** are you on?
Mate honest and this can't be classed as abuse, but I can't think of one person on here who is less worth talking to than you, is there an ignore facility for this.
I can think of at least two  bluelaugh.gif

Offline Baggio

• Definitely not black
  • General Member
  • Thinks NU$C are s****.
« Reply #73 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:37:18 PM »
If we lose I shrug it off. 
so when we got beat against wigan reserves in the cup you just 'shrug it off'?

Only after I'd battered the s**** out of the wife and kids.

:lol:

Gemmill

« Reply #74 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives

Stevie, I like to think of the people you refer to in this example as mindless morons.  You like to think of them as true football fans.  I think that's where we differ here.