Poll

Are you renewing your season ticket next season?

Yes
57 (63.3%)
No
19 (21.1%)
Depends on who the new manager is
14 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?  (Read 40326 times)

Offline Northern Monkey

• General Member
Re: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?
« Reply #25 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 02:56:34 pm »
Surely if you don't renew you've jumped OFF the Keegan bandwagon.  I wonder how the gimps who use it as a term of abuse will handle that. :shock:

I wondered about this. When we extended the stadium were the extra 16,000 fans Robson bandwagon-jumpers?
KBJ's are worse than RBJ's because most of the RBJ's in my opinion were younger than the KBJ's.  SJP was virtually a closed shop from 1993 to 2000, and the younger fans couldn't get in, and the true fans and the KBJ's were all there gettin older together, same c***s every season.

For people that aren't renewing for footballing reasons, **** OFF, I'd rather w*****s like yous weren't there.  We've got the same number of points as we did when we came 5th.

And i think there are almost certainly people who would rather YOU weren't there, if thats the attitude you have to anyone who makes a decision they feel is valid but you don't.

Oh, we also got more points than Derby did when they won the league in 1974/5. Doe we get a prize??
Newcastle United - The Emperors New Clothes.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #26 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 02:57:26 pm »
Surely if you don't renew you've jumped OFF the Keegan bandwagon.  I wonder how the gimps who use it as a term of abuse will handle that. :shock:

I wondered about this. When we extended the stadium were the extra 16,000 fans Robson bandwagon-jumpers?
KBJ's are worse than RBJ's because most of the RBJ's in my opinion were younger than the KBJ's.  SJP was virtually a closed shop from 1993 to 2000, and the younger fans couldn't get in, and the true fans and the KBJ's were all there gettin older together, same c***s every season.

For people that aren't renewing for footballing reasons, **** OFF, I'd rather w*****s like yous weren't there.  We've got the same number of points as we did when we came 5th.

What if the people not renewing look like doctors and wear glasses?  Will you then approve? :lol:  Have a word with yourself man.  It's just a bloody football team.  "If you don't renew you're a w***** etc."  Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry like mate but the toon is more than just "a football team" to me.  Clearly I'll will be wasting my breath explaining my point of view here (or the cells in my fingers), so I'll not say anything more about it.  In all fairness "just a football team" sums up a lot of peoples point of views up.  Tossers.

Well the fact is they are just a football team.  Obviously to you it's a religion because you're a special breed etc. etc.  It's in your blood, blah blah.  You're no different to anyone else mate.  Get used to it.
I'm no better than any other fan, no different.  However Newcastle United is more than just a football team to me.  To people like you we get beat "oh well better luck next time", it destroys peoples weekends if we play s***, it breaks up marriages, I bet any money more babies are conceived after the toon have had a good win, I bet there's more domestic violence and violent crime when we lose, to you it's "just a football team", fine, but it's more than just a football to me and many thousands.
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

alex

« Reply #27 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 02:57:34 pm »

What if the people not renewing look like doctors and wear glasses?  Will you then approve? :lol:  Have a word with yourself man.  It's just a bloody football team.  "If you don't renew you're a w***** etc."  Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry like mate but the toon is more than just "a football team" to me.  Clearly I'll will be wasting my breath explaining my point of view here (or the cells in my fingers), so I'll not say anything more about it.  In all fairness "just a football team" sums up a lot of peoples point of views up.  Tossers.
I used to think like that, most people grow out of it though. If it means that much to you, I feel a bit sorry for you really. It's not that important to me. I love the club and would love to see us win something but I (thankfully) have other interests and it doesn't usually ruin my weekend if we lose. And before you ask, yes I am renewing.
Edit: And anyone who uses the Toon playing s*** as an excuse for a marriage break-up is sad as f***  bluelaugh.gif

Gemmill

« Reply #28 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 02:59:04 pm »

Well the fact is they are just a football team.  Obviously to you it's a religion because you're a special breed etc. etc.  It's in your blood, blah blah.  You're no different to anyone else mate.  Get used to it.
I'm no better than any other fan, no different.  However Newcastle United is more than just a football team to me.  To people like you we get beat "oh well better luck next time", it destroys peoples weekends if we play s***, it breaks up marriages, I bet any money more babies are conceived after the toon have had a good win, I bet there's more domestic violence and violent crime when we lose, to you it's "just a football team", fine, but it's more than just a football to me and many thousands.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet your lass sits at home praying we lose.  Rather a black eye than she has to shag you. :lol: ;)

Seriously though, that speech was pathetic.  bluebigrazz.gif

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #29 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:00:03 pm »

i agree completly with you mate
Good things come to those who wait

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #30 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:00:12 pm »

And i think there are almost certainly people who would rather YOU weren't there, if thats the attitude you have to anyone who makes a decision they feel is valid but you don't.

Oh, we also got more points than Derby did when they won the league in 1974/5. Doe we get a prize??
Pathetic, it was 2 points for a win.  The fact of the matter is, we've won 8 of our last 9 home games, and played very well, yet because a few are spitting the dummy out cos they haven't got the manager they want, they're saying they won't renew.  It's beyond pathetic, they shouldn't have been there in the first place, will be replaced and won't be missed.  If it was a reason like, can't afford it or working away, that's fine, any other is pathetic.

alex

« Reply #31 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:02:36 pm »

Uber fan :lol:

Gemmill

« Reply #32 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:02:55 pm »

If we lose I shrug it off.  I don't go home intent on battering anyone.  If we win, I don't feel a sudden urge to plant my seed in the nearest female.  I'd hate to think I would ever let a football team break up my marriage.  Sorry if any of this makes me seem a bit weird to you two lads.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #33 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:03:10 pm »

I'm actually staggered someone thinks we're "just a football team".   As for the other person, you have other interests, as do most people, but I make no apology for stating the most important interest I have, and it says more about you than me, that you ridicule that fact.

Offline NE5

• General Member
  • In Zumba Bumba Land
« Reply #34 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:05:11 pm »
Real supporters renew - part timers should be shot.

no, we always get 52,000 crowds and always have done

So who's going to bale out if we don't win the trophies that are our divine right ?

http://z3.invisionfree.com/NUFCforum/index.php?

"He wants what we want and goes to the games for the same reason as we do, he wants us to win for the pleasure that brings.  He wants to build the club up and put everything in place to make sure we can maintain a high position once we reach it." - mick [aka Stephensons Rocket], aug 10th 2008

"I think Keegan would be a daft option, he's been here and done the best he could." - mick, 6th March 2006

"Ashley will do something Shepherd has never ever done, he'll spend HIS own personal money on players as the club will be his." - mick 7th June 2007

I think we've done well in the last window - mick, 23 Oct 2008

any individual or group resourceful enough to raise the £100 million plus that would be needed today to take over the club is likely also to be intelligent and resourceful enough to make a better fist of it than the current board - ozzie mandiarse 24th Oct 2006

alex

« Reply #35 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:05:53 pm »
1. NUFC
2. Drink
3. Mates
4. Wife
5. Kids

:lol:

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #36 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:06:44 pm »

I'm actually staggered someone thinks we're "just a football team".   As for the other person, you have other interests, as do most people, but I make no apology for stating the most important interest I have, and it says more about you than me, that you ridicule that fact.
i hope every supporter would be there though good times and bad, i don't feel it is just a football team and i don't understand how any supporter can say that

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #37 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:08:23 pm »
1. NUFC
2. Drink
3. Mates
4. Wife
5. Kids

Uber fan

Gemmill

« Reply #38 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:08:40 pm »

i hope every supporter would be there though good times and bad, i don't feel it is just a football team and i don't understand how any supporter can say that

Stop it, you're making me cry! :lol:   

alex

« Reply #39 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:10:38 pm »
1. NUFC
2. Drink
3. Mates
4. Wife
5. Kids

Uber fan
I'm that much of a soopafan, I'm putting the club before the kids I haven't even got yet.

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:11:00 pm »

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #41 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:11:40 pm »

Why am I making you cry, I wouldn't say you're a tool because I don't know you, but honestly years ago there weren't many people around who thought Newcastle was just "a football team".  Are you from Tyneside?

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #42 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:11:53 pm »
If we lose I shrug it off. 
so when we got beat against wigan reserves in the cup you just 'shrug it off'?

Gemmill

« Reply #43 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:12:56 pm »
If we lose I shrug it off. 
so when we got beat against wigan reserves in the cup you just 'shrug it off'?

Only after I'd battered the s**** out of the wife and kids.

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #44 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:13:06 pm »

Why am I making you cry, I wouldn't say you're a tool because I don't know you, but honestly years ago there weren't many people around who thought Newcastle was just "a football team".  Are you from Tyneside?
I really don't understand you Gemmill

alex

« Reply #45 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:13:45 pm »

Anyone else playing soopafan bingo?
 :lol:

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #46 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:14:20 pm »

They all do this, when you point things out to them  :lol:

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage.  There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan.  It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

Gemmill

« Reply #47 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:17:16 pm »

Yes I am.  What do I need to do to be accepted by you?  If we get beat on a Saturday when am I allowed to take my pet lip off?  Monday morning ok?

alex

« Reply #48 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:17:22 pm »
If the club means that much you seriously need to get a f***ing life. I'd let you off if you were still at school.

Offline Nobby

• General Member
  • www.nufc-london.com
« Reply #49 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 03:17:27 pm »

They all do this, when you point things out to them  :lol:

It's actually got to the stage where while this board although the best Toon message board, carries a serious amount of baggage.  There are about 20 people tops who you can talk about the past with, and if you have a bit of knowledge you're a "super fan", and if you point out how pathetic you feel some peoples attitudes are you're an "uber" fan.  It's all a bit sad, I suppose as everything though, things change.

exactly