Poll

Are you renewing your season ticket next season?

Yes
57 (63.3%)
No
19 (21.1%)
Depends on who the new manager is
14 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?  (Read 40317 times)

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
Re: Are you renewing your season ticket next year?
« Reply #125 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:32:53 pm »
Tell me why you are asking what my point again.  Are you unable to read?  I was responding to Ewerk rubbishing my claim that we have 1m "fans" in this country.

I've already had to explain to you for a good 20 minutes the way things are with peoples attitudes towards Newcastle.  What else do you want to know?

If you can't explain the point you were trying to make when you said we had one million fans and its relevence to the thread, fine. :lol:

I don't think it's bollocks at all.  There must be 1m toon fans at least in this country, over half of them will be from round here, and you're trying to tell me that events that happen at St James's Park don't effect at least one marriage on Tyneside on any given day.  Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives football, you can argue till your blue in the face, but you have as much chance of Stevie Wonder getting 3 treble 20's, than of changing my mind about the impact football can have on peoples lives.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's no need for anyone on this thread to be a bell end, if you had kept up with the debate you would've known what relevance was.   bluebiggrin.gif
And how does that prove, football is more than a game exactly, given most of the fans you say exist in this country alone don't even attend matches? I mean the majority of people on Tyneside don't even regularly attend do they?
Mate honestly, I can't legislate for people being dense, if you read the thread you will see exactly the context was made in, it's getting very dull now.
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #126 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:33:08 pm »
This thread's been good entertainment, but I do find attitudes of people like Stevie, and the lad who just kept saying "Exactly" to be a bit strange.  When I was 14 or 15 and we lost I would be gutted, but Christ, you can't let it govern your life.  Perspective is the key.  Some people seemingly have none.

Still haven't answered my question :wink:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Gemmill

« Reply #127 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:34:34 pm »
Tell me why you are asking what my point again.  Are you unable to read?  I was responding to Ewerk rubbishing my claim that we have 1m "fans" in this country.

I've already had to explain to you for a good 20 minutes the way things are with peoples attitudes towards Newcastle.  What else do you want to know?

If you can't explain the point you were trying to make when you said we had one million fans and its relevence to the thread, fine. :lol:

I don't think it's bollocks at all.  There must be 1m toon fans at least in this country, over half of them will be from round here, and you're trying to tell me that events that happen at St James's Park don't effect at least one marriage on Tyneside on any given day.  Take the World Cup as a scientific example, every tournament, there's little trouble across the country, till the game England go out, then all hell breaks loose, in towns and cities everywhere.  That's the impact it has on peoples lives football, you can argue till your blue in the face, but you have as much chance of Stevie Wonder getting 3 treble 20's, than of changing my mind about the impact football can have on peoples lives.
There's no need for anyone on this thread to be a bell end, if you had kept up with the debate you would've known what relevance was.   bluebiggrin.gif
And how does that prove, football is more than a game exactly, given most of the fans you say exist in this country alone don't even attend matches? I mean the majority of people on Tyneside don't even regularly attend do they?

The ones who aren't at the game are on standby to cause bother in the satellite towns around Newcastle.  All bases are covered.

Seriously though, I have no idea what point he's trying to make either, and judging by the way he can't actually explain himself, and he just keeps calling you dense, I don't think he has the first clue himself.

Gemmill

« Reply #128 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:35:24 pm »
This thread's been good entertainment, but I do find attitudes of people like Stevie, and the lad who just kept saying "Exactly" to be a bit strange.  When I was 14 or 15 and we lost I would be gutted, but Christ, you can't let it govern your life.  Perspective is the key.  Some people seemingly have none.

About me sister?  I've told you man, you've got no chance!  She's related to me.  She doesn't deal with riff raff like you!

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #129 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:35:44 pm »
I've gone home from the match feeling a bit miserable the odd time, but it didn't last too long. Having said that, the likes of the Lisbon game season or the failed cup finals put me right in the dumps for about a week.

alex

« Reply #130 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:36:07 pm »

Mate honestly, I can't legislate for people being dense, if you read the thread you will see exactly the context was made in, it's getting very dull now.
I'm pointing out that the vast majority of Toon fans living on Tyneside, or the rest of the country, going by your figures, don't consider it to be more than just a football team if they can't be arsed to even go. Which is fine by me, but you claimed you couldn't understand that mindset, even though you're clearly in the minority even if everyone who goes to the games agrees with you. Which they don't.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #131 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:37:24 pm »
I didn't call him dense, I was referring to dense people in general to avoid disciplinary procedures.  What I meant is statistically if there are 1m toon fans, something negative will happen somewhere as a result of the game, as opposed to a victory.  It's not exactly rocket science.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #132 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:37:38 pm »

About me sister?  I've told you man, you've got no chance!  She's related to me.  She doesn't deal with riff raff like you!

Cheaky b****** :lol:

I'd bring some much needed sofistication to the family!
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #133 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:43:43 pm »

1,200,000 people in Tyneside and Northumberland

"According to the UK Government's 2001 census [3], the unitary authority of Newcastle has a population of around 259,500. However, the metropolitan boroughs of North Tyneside (population c.190,000), South Tyneside (population c. 150,000) and Gateshead (population c.200,000) are also part of Newcastle's conurbation, giving the Newcastle-Gateshead metropolitan area a population of 799,000." from Wikipedia.

Northumberland has a population of 350,000, so that's just under 1,200,000, not even taking into account our support in Durham.

Shirt sales......

"Arsenal sixth in UK shirt league
Daily Express: Arsenal are equal sixth with Celtic in the UK shirt sales league with 350,000/yr, according to the D.Express - according to some research by football analysts.
Manchester United are top at 850,000 earning an estimated £34m/yr [there again city analysts will tell you - well they tell me anyway that Manchester Uniuted is the best known UK company outside of these shores, beating even Marks & Spencer, so it is hardly surprising].

Newcastle and Liverpool are at 600,000/yr with Rangers and England surprisingly sharing fourth spot on 500,000. Behind Arsenal are Spurs on 250,000 and Leeds on 230,000."

There.

Ok you've quoted population figures, why? Not every person on Tyneside can be classed as an NUFC fan.

And we sold 600,000 shirts worldwide in 1997, again not very helpful with what you're trying to prove.

If you want you can just say that it was a rough estimate instead of trying to back up something which you won't get the figures for.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #134 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:45:35 pm »
I don't think it's reasonable (under Northern Monkey's definition) of "fan" to say we have 1m, but as "Alex" pointed out it's going off at a tangent, and it just confuses the masses talking about it.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #135 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:47:13 pm »
I didn't call him dense, I was referring to dense people in general to avoid disciplinary procedures.  What I meant is statistically if there are 1m toon fans, something negative will happen somewhere as a result of the game, as opposed to a victory.  It's not exactly rocket science.

I don't really get it either, to tell you the truth. If there are 1m Newcastle fans then it's a fair bet that it covers most of the spectrum of personality. Just as there are scum who'll beat their wives if we lose (or win), there'll probably be f'in paedos, rapists, and god knows what else.

Offline PM

• General Member
« Reply #136 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:48:33 pm »
A Scouser once said to me "The trouble with you Geordies is you think you're better than all the other fans of all the other clubs". He was right too.

With some people, it's not just fans of other clubs.

Offline ewerk

• General Member
« Reply #137 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:48:58 pm »
To be honest I'm not really bothered about whether its 1,000,000 or 100,000,000. Anyway your original point about how results should (and apparently do) affect "proper" fans was ridiculous. I'll leave it at that.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #138 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 04:52:10 pm »
A Scouser once said to me "The trouble with you Geordies is you think you're better than all the other fans of all the other clubs". He was right too.

With some people, it's not just fans of other clubs.
True

Offline NE5

• General Member
  • In Zumba Bumba Land
« Reply #139 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 05:11:57 pm »
Surely if you don't renew you've jumped OFF the Keegan bandwagon.  I wonder how the gimps who use it as a term of abuse will handle that. :shock:

I wondered about this. When we extended the stadium were the extra 16,000 fans Robson bandwagon-jumpers?
KBJ's are worse than RBJ's because most of the RBJ's in my opinion were younger than the KBJ's.  SJP was virtually a closed shop from 1993 to 2000, and the younger fans couldn't get in, and the true fans and the KBJ's were all there gettin older together, same c***s every season.

For people that aren't renewing for footballing reasons, **** OFF, I'd rather w*****s like yous weren't there.  We've got the same number of points as we did when we came 5th.

What if the people not renewing look like doctors and wear glasses?  Will you then approve? :lol:  Have a word with yourself man.  It's just a bloody football team.  "If you don't renew you're a w***** etc."  Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry like mate but the toon is more than just "a football team" to me.  Clearly I'll will be wasting my breath explaining my point of view here (or the cells in my fingers), so I'll not say anything more about it.  In all fairness "just a football team" sums up a lot of peoples point of views up.  Tossers.

Well the fact is they are just a football team.  Obviously to you it's a religion because you're a special breed etc. etc.  It's in your blood, blah blah.  You're no different to anyone else mate.  Get used to it.
I'm no better than any other fan, no different.  However Newcastle United is more than just a football team to me.  To people like you we get beat "oh well better luck next time", it destroys peoples weekends if we play s***, it breaks up marriages, I bet any money more babies are conceived after the toon have had a good win, I bet there's more domestic violence and violent crime when we lose, to you it's "just a football team", fine, but it's more than just a football to me and many thousands.

i agree completly with you mate
I'm actually staggered someone thinks we're "just a football team".   As for the other person, you have other interests, as do most people, but I make no apology for stating the most important interest I have, and it says more about you than me, that you ridicule that fact.
i hope every supporter would be there though good times and bad, i don't feel it is just a football team and i don't understand how any supporter can say that

Stop it, you're making me cry! :lol:   

Why am I making you cry, I wouldn't say you're a tool because I don't know you, but honestly years ago there weren't many people around who thought Newcastle was just "a football team".  Are you from Tyneside?
I really don't understand you Gemmill

is he your wife ?

http://z3.invisionfree.com/NUFCforum/index.php?

"He wants what we want and goes to the games for the same reason as we do, he wants us to win for the pleasure that brings.  He wants to build the club up and put everything in place to make sure we can maintain a high position once we reach it." - mick [aka Stephensons Rocket], aug 10th 2008

"I think Keegan would be a daft option, he's been here and done the best he could." - mick, 6th March 2006

"Ashley will do something Shepherd has never ever done, he'll spend HIS own personal money on players as the club will be his." - mick 7th June 2007

I think we've done well in the last window - mick, 23 Oct 2008

any individual or group resourceful enough to raise the £100 million plus that would be needed today to take over the club is likely also to be intelligent and resourceful enough to make a better fist of it than the current board - ozzie mandiarse 24th Oct 2006

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #140 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 05:17:45 pm »
What d'you reckon makes you the more passionate fan: smashing up a shop window or giving your lass a backhander?

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #141 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 05:19:09 pm »
Good one.

Offline Keefaz

• General Member
« Reply #142 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 05:21:42 pm »
Good one.

Cheers. I'm just trying to work out how best to become more passionate in my support.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #143 on: Friday 5 May 2006, 05:22:59 pm »
Good one.

Cheers. I'm just trying to work out how best to become more passionate in my support.

:)

Offline Atticus

• General Member
« Reply #144 on: Saturday 6 May 2006, 01:10:58 am »
Well aye man, got to love not being able to see anything that happens down the Leazes End and sitting amongst a right bunch of mongs!

Offline Scottish Mag

• General Member
« Reply #145 on: Saturday 6 May 2006, 12:05:42 pm »
Yes, but I hope everyone holds off until the deadline to make Shepherd sweat..

Gemmill

« Reply #146 on: Saturday 6 May 2006, 12:16:55 pm »

Summer's on the way and he's twenty odd stone.  He'll be sweating alright!

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #147 on: Saturday 6 May 2006, 12:17:47 pm »

Sure you'll be fine :wink:

David Goldblatt

Gemmill

« Reply #148 on: Saturday 6 May 2006, 12:25:16 pm »

Sure you'll be fine :wink:

f***ing right.  15 stone of North Shields adonis here.