Author Topic: Glory hunters '  (Read 71097 times)

Offline Slugsy

• General Member
Re: Glory hunters '
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:35:41 pm »
This guy is hilarious - who are you really? 

I love this bit: 
when I turned 16, it was a new chapter in my life and supporting Manchester United has been the best choice I've made.

mackems.gif

Online Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:36:49 pm »

What about James Nesbitt from Cold Feet? He's Irish and a Manchester United supporter.

You see, Manchester United is a global club, there are fans all over the world, it doesn't matter where you live, you could support Barcelona and could still live in Madrid. It's where your true heart is, and it wasn't with Newcastle because I was only a child at the time.

I was only a kid when we got beat 4-3 of Liverpool and it hurt me as much as any match since then because my heart was there then as well as was most peoples. Who cares about James Nesbitt? Why do you think Man United have fans all over the world? Its because the lot of them are a bunch of gloryhunters, like you. They will never be proper fans and neither will you. Your heart will never be with Man United properly. I don't care how much you say it is.

Alan Shearer:

404 games for Newcastle - 206 goals
63 Caps for England - 30 goals
733 career games - 379 goals
Newcastle's all time leading goalscorer
Ended his career by scoring against the scum in a 4-1 win
Turned Man United down, but lived the dream Alan Shearer=TRUE LEGEND

mufcgeordie

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:39:42 pm »
I am so passionate about Manchester United, I felt all the pain too, losing to Arsenal in the FA cup hurt me alot.
And losing Beckham and Keane were also hurtful times too.

I do not care what you think, just because I was born here doesn't mean I have to support the nearest Premier League team. No one in Gateshead supports Gateshead, and why is that? Because they are not in the Premiership.

Do you ever consider what real professionals go though? Moving from club to club, finding a new heart, dumping the team they supported as a kid, and why? because they are playing for the team they are paid to play for, that goes for managers too.

Online Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:43:10 pm »
I am so passionate about Manchester United, I felt all the pain too, losing to Arsenal in the FA cup hurt me alot.

I do not care what you think, just because I was born here doesn't mean I have to support the nearest Premier League team. No one in Gateshead supports Gateshead, and why is that? Because they are not in the Premiership.

People in Gateshead do support Gateshead. It just so happens that most people in the surrounding areas have supported Newcastle for years, and therefore when kids are brought up these days they are brought up supporting newcastle 9 times out of 10. Its comical that you think you are a massive Man United fan when you started "supporting" them when you were 16. Absolutely no way. My grandchildren who will be born in approximately 30 years are bigger toon fans than you are a Man United fan.

Alan Shearer:

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:43:20 pm »
Aw go on, list some more of your favourite celebrity fans.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:47:00 pm »
Do you ever consider what real professionals go though? Moving from club to club, finding a new heart, dumping the team they supported as a kid, and why? because they are playing for the team they are paid to play for, that goes for managers too.

Players do not dump the team they supported as a kid at all. They still love them when they move, its just they have got no way of showing it really. Just because a player moves to a different club and gives 100% on the pitch it doesnt mean he still doesnt love the team he supports as a kid. They are only doing their jobs. Being a football fan isnt a job, and you cant swap around when you feel like it because you would never let yourself do that. You done it because you haven't got a the mentality of a normal football fan, you just care about watching brilliant football every week. Being a toon fan has as many downs as it has ups, but i wouldnt want to change a bit of it.

Alan Shearer:

Offline looneytoon

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:47:40 pm »
Actually put it this way, I was born in Gateshead, right? So am I meant to support Gateshead FC who are at the moment, lingering in the Unibond league.
Yes

alex

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:49:02 pm »

You and your like are worse than Mackems tbh.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:50:46 pm »
Like I said, I will be supporting Man United all my life and there is no right or wrong thing about changing support. I just think you guys are very stubborn because you are all sore that I changed teams.

Newcastle are just an average shitty team and Glenn Roeder won't last five minutes under fatty Shepherd. Soon, you'll be lingering at the bottom of the table and I will be laughing it up when you guys go the same way as Sunderland.

Good day, I have no intention of wasting my precious time on this crappy forum and you sad loser charva Geordies, I hope you all have aids and die, thank you and goodnight.

:D:D

:lol: f*** off you Geordie c***.

Online Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:52:00 pm »
Like I said, I will be supporting Man United all my life and there is no right or wrong thing about changing support. I just think you guys are very stubborn because you are all sore that I changed teams.

Newcastle are just an average shitty team and Glenn Roeder won't last five minutes under fatty Shepherd. Soon, you'll be lingering at the bottom of the table and I will be laughing it up when you guys go the same way as Sunderland.

Good day, I have no intention of wasting my precious time on this crappy forum and you sad loser charva Geordies, I hope you all have aids and die, thank you and goodnight.

:D:D

:lol: f*** off you Geordie ****.

:lol:

Alan Shearer:

alex

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
The very fact that you changed teams gives you zero credbilty mufcgeordie. True Man Utd. fans despise you too if that's any comfort. It is to me anyway.

Offline Ally

• General Member
  • Retired admin
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:54:42 pm »
I bet James Nesbitt and Eamonn Holmes didn't give up supporting their local Premiership team because they weren't as exciting as they used to be though.

PS, hope you have AIDS too. Its a horrible illness.

Offline looneytoon

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:54:42 pm »
True Man Utd. fans despise you too if that's any comfort. It is to me anyway.
Good point. He'll never be considered a proper Newton Heath fan either. Serves him right for being a turncoat, really.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:57:35 pm »
well he was 'different' wasn't he

CheeseGeordie

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:57:43 pm »
At least the glory hunters know what they are "supporting". Find someone in the states who is wearing a kit and ask them what the team is and they most likely wouldn't even know that.

"The team is called Arsenal? I bought it because this is what Spike Lee wears..." :roll:

Bullshit.

There are a lot of Man United fans, and increasingly a lot of Chelsea fans. Glory hunters everywhere. A lot of Arsenal fans too-- glory hunters, people who have lived in or around London, and fans of beautiful football.

Sorry, thought it was rather clear that I was referring to Americans... and if you are arguing that fact then you are mistaken.  Man U?  Yeah, there are plenty of people with that kit... probably because you get one free with season tickets to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Case in point:
Ask an American in a Man U top to name five players in the squad... chances are, the only name you will get is Wayne Rooney and probably David Beckham as well....

Granted, this isn't always the case...

When last awa the pond one of my yankee friends said "I don't follow sawker but if I did I'd have to follow man yoo, that Michael Beckman is a good player" Cue much p*ss taking and hilarity.

I have managed to convert a couple though

Offline Boo Boy

• General Member
  • Boom!
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:00:58 pm »
Ive got nothing against their supporters

If you went in the 70s and 80s then you would hate them for life
follow my patter on Twitter @BooBoy_1

CheeseGeordie

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:01:51 pm »
I bet James Nesbitt and Eamonn Holmes didn't give up supporting their local Premiership team because they weren't as exciting as they used to be though.

I got banned for less than that  bluebigeek.gif

Offline Ally

• General Member
  • Retired admin
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:03:13 pm »

I got banned for less than that  bluebigeek.gif

Shhh. ;)

Sorry if anyones offended.

HyDrO

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:04:27 pm »
My best mate supports Manure, every time they're linked with someone, they are immediately the most up and coming talents ever!

Then when Newcastle are linked with RvN he is automatically s***.
Also Carrick, Rooney & Ronaldo are his favourites.

He has never been to a Manure game, he also supported sunland when he was younger, jeeeze.

Offline Tom_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:34:22 pm »
Actually I was born in Gateshead, so basically, I am not really a Newcastle born person to begin with and besides, it's my life, my choice, all I am faced with is upset, sore, geordies.

You're a geordie as well.

The thing is, Newcastle United has a very strong emotional connection to the local area, therefore I've always been of the opinion that if you're from here, but support a side from outside the area then you've renounced you're right to be a Geordie.

CheeseGeordie

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 03:55:51 pm »

I got banned for less than that bluebigeek.gif

Shhh. ;)

Sorry if anyones offended.

If I am shhhh can my "friend" with the banned problem be re-instated ????? ;)

Offline UV

• General Member
  • #waiting
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 04:18:14 pm »
It's also ironic how you Newcastle fans keep slating me with your replies and you do not even want to have a mature discussion, all you do is say that I am a 'gloryhunter'. Please for once, can I talk to a geordie who is mature and doesnt keep slating me with slander or foul comments. It just shows who the cretins are how un-compareable we all are.

Quote from: mufcgeordie's website vimix.net
Also it's been confirmed that 'Premiership title buyers, gloryhunters, sell-outs and Real Madrid wannabes' Chelsea, have scrapped Umbro for Adidas as their new kit sponsor, ofcourse they'll still be with Samsung.

How very dare they! I believe that's "calle jealousy and the best cure for that is to accept that there are better teams out there". Maybe now you're 16 and a half it's time to become a passionate life-long supporter of Chelsea. It could be the best choice you ever make (until the next one).

PS, loving the hair

« Last Edit: Thursday 13 July 2006, 12:55:13 pm by UV »
"Players like Andy are the future of this club" - D. Llambias, 08/10/10

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Offline M4

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 04:46:54 pm »
LEE! can't believe you found this post, you fat f***. How's the head doing? how bout the belly?

This guy is a legend people

I hope you stick around mister Stewart, and no problem for linking your site it's my pleasure. Your pointlesss site by the way which is a goldmine of cringeworthyness.

PS: As you who think of yourself of a bit of an editor, thought I'd point out: "Could of" doesn't mean anything, it's "COULD'VE" or " COULD HAVE", illeterate imbecile.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 05:46:46 pm by M4 »
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Offline Rehhagel

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 05:38:10 pm »
Cas

They'll never enjoy our passion.....

Passion for mediocrity? That's true, however, they will actually enjoy.

I don't see anything wrong with glory hunters, they are just seeking enjoyment. Whereas a loyalist commits himself to mediocrity and tries to justify his suffering with "football is a religion and I support [insert team] because I just do or because I live there" etc nonsense.

So someone wants to support Chelsea when they were a Watford fan, so what? who cares? why care?

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 05:47:22 pm »
Cas

They'll never enjoy our passion.....

Passion for mediocrity? That's true, however, they will actually enjoy.

I don't see anything wrong with glory hunters, they are just seeking enjoyment. Whereas a loyalist commits himself to mediocrity and tries to justify his suffering with "football is a religion and I support [insert team] because I just do or because I live there" etc nonsense.

So someone wants to support Chelsea when they were a Watford fan, so what? who cares? why care?

:lol:

Said the AC Milan 'fan'.