Author Topic: Glory hunters '  (Read 71743 times)

Offline M4

• General Member
Re: Glory hunters '
« Reply #25 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:40:10 PM »
There's a guy on another forum i regularly post (soccergaming.tv) who is from Gateshead.
He supported Newcastle until round about the Keegan era then switched to being a ManU fan since. He gets the s*** ripped out of him, and rightly so! he's hilarious.

his profile: http://www.soccergaming.tv/member.php?u=30309
his website: www.vimix.net
"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

Bubbles

« Reply #26 on: Monday 1 May 2006, 09:41:31 PM »
I'm not quite sure which English team someone from Derry should support.

Carlisle or Blackpool or Liverpool, not sure which is their 'local' team and would stop people from accusing them of being glory hunters.

i don't have any problem with anyone who wants to support any football team

it's just the fact if you ask them anything about the football club, all they know is that jose is the manager and they only know a few of the players like lampard, terry and duff

basically i hate fans who are plastic, claiming they support and love the team but only jump on the bandwagon when the team are performing well but when the teams hits rock bottoem doesn't win anything they change to another successful club

mufcgeordie

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
There's a guy on another forum i regularly post (soccergaming.tv) who is from Gateshead.
He supported Newcastle until round about the Keegan era then switched to being a ManU fan since. He gets the s*** ripped out of him, and rightly so! he's hilarious.

his profile: http://www.soccergaming.tv/member.php?u=30309
his website: www.vimix.net

Just to let you that I made the choice by supporting Manchester United was not because of glory seeking, it was because the Premiership was created for entertainment and Newcastle had lost their flare after Keegan had left, so I chose Man Utd purely because of entertainment values and not glory.

I am glad you find me hilarious. And I am also glad that you have linked me, because that will only improve the quantity of web traffic coming to my website. Thank you for that.

And I do not intend on reading anyone's incessant ramblings, I only came here to make my point and I do not intend to join in your teenie bopper arguements, Thank you.

Offline Slugsy

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:07:18 PM »
Just to let you that I made the choice by supporting Manchester United was not because of glory seeking, it was because the Premiership was created for entertainment and Newcastle had lost their flare after Keegan had left, so I chose Man Utd purely because of entertainment values and not glory.

:lol:  I've never heard so much sh*t in my life!

:yeah:

mufcgeordie

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
May I also point out that we at a society have the free will to choose or do whatever we want, I chose Man United and that has nothing to do with you and it should'nt be any of your concern.
Manchester United is my life and my passion, and I have been way more passionate about Man Utd than I ever have been with Newcastle to begin with, and just because a bunch of ignorant charver geordies are sore about someone who used to support Newcastle suddenly changing and supporting a better team than them, well, like I said, it's got nothing to do with any of you. Full stop.

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:17:03 PM »
May I also point out that we at a society have the free will to choose or do whatever we want, I chose Man United and that has nothing to do with you and it should'nt be any of your concern.
Manchester United is my life and my passion, and I have been way more passionate about Man Utd than I ever have about Newcastle to begin with, and just because a bunch of ignorant charver geordies are sore about someone who used to support Newcastle suddenly changing and supporting a better team than them, well, like I said, it's got nothing to do with any of you. Full stop.

:lol: Glory hunting tart. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Alan Shearer:

404 games for Newcastle - 206 goals
63 Caps for England - 30 goals
733 career games - 379 goals
Newcastle's all time leading goalscorer
Ended his career by scoring against the scum in a 4-1 win
Turned Man United down, but lived the dream Alan Shearer=TRUE LEGEND

Offline Slugsy

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:17:25 PM »
Great WUM!   :clap:

mufcgeordie

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:19:49 PM »
Manchester United is my life and my passion, and I have been way more passionate about Man Utd than I ever have about Newcastle to begin with, and just because a bunch of ignorant charver geordies are sore about someone who used to support Newcastle suddenly changing and supporting a better team than them, well, like I said, it's got nothing to do with any of you. Full stop.

Why do I have anything to be ashamed about? On the contrary, it's quite the opposite, Manchester United are an excellent club to support and I when I did support Newcastle, I was only a kid, I didn't know any better, when I turned 16, it was a new chapter in my life and supporting Manchester United has been the best choice I've made.

Sorry but you're just sore end of story.

Offline Stevie

• General Member
  • aboot your level
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:20:15 PM »
Manchester United is my life and my passion, and I have been way more passionate about Man Utd than I ever have been with Newcastle to begin with, and just because a bunch of ignorant charver geordies are sore about someone who used to support Newcastle suddenly changing and supporting a better team than them, well, like I said, it's got nothing to do with any of you. Full stop.
0/10 must try harder, but don't just leave, have another go with another name.
f*** off Kingdawson you c***

mufcgeordie

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:21:30 PM »
0/10 must try harder, but don't just leave, have another go with another name.

Sorry, 0/10, Try and be mature about this argument and don't make yourself look like an idiot. Thank you.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:21:39 PM »
the single greatest thing about being a Toon fan - You can't be accused of being a glory seeker

mufcgeordie

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:23:11 PM »
Actually I was born in Gateshead, so basically, I am not really a Newcastle born person to begin with and besides, it's my life, my choice, all I am faced with is upset, sore, geordies.

What really upsets them the most is that I am supporting a team that has been places and achieved things that no other club like Newcastle has done, it's calle jealousy and the best cure for that is to accept that there are better teams out there and Newcastle have really been misfortunet and they can't keep a manager for more than 2 years, atleast we have a manager that has broken records and has been successful and has changed the clubs fortunes.

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:23:33 PM »

Why do I have anything to be ashamed about? On the contrary, it's quite the opposite, Manchester United are an excellent club to support and I when I did support Newcastle, I was only a kid, I didn't know any better, when I turned 16, it was a new chapter in my life and supporting Manchester United has been the best choice I've made.

Sorry but you're just sore end of story.

No i'm not. I'm glad i grew up here and i'm proud of it and i'm proud to support MY team and always will do. If you can change teams just like that then you don't know the meaning of the words PASSION. Everyone was just a kid when they first started supporting Newcastle. Thats what makes it so special. You grow up and go through good and bad times. You don't jump ship during the bad times though.

Alan Shearer:

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:23:55 PM »
all I am faced with is upset, sore, geordies.

Because Man United are rolling in the good times at the moment  :roll:

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:24:10 PM »
Actually I was born in Gateshead, so basically, I am not really a Newcastle born person to begin with and besides, it's my life, my choice, all I am faced with is upset, sore, geordies.

You're a geordie as well.

Alan Shearer:

Offline Delima

• Cretin
  • General Member
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
the single greatest thing about being a Toon fan - You can't be accused of being a glory seeker

Keegan Bandwagon Jumper!
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it - George Bernard Shaw

mufcgeordie

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:27:50 PM »
Actually put it this way, I was born in Gateshead, right? So am I meant to support Gateshead FC who are at the moment, lingering in the Unibond league.

So if I was a geordie, I would want more entertaining football, I know, let's support Newcastle because they are in the top flight of british football. So that's basically the same as glory hunting because Newcastle are in the top flight.

I chose Manchester United because they play exciting football and in that respect, they play entertaining and exciting football and manage to achieve things along the way (ie. trophies).

At the end of the day, I am a Man United fan and supporter, I've been to their games and watched them, I am happy and I have made my bed and I intend and I will support Man United till the day I die, I am proud of being a Man United supporter, just like yous are proud of being Newcastle supporters.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:28:56 PM »
to be fair Newcastle is just a tiny bit closer to Gateshead than Manchester though.

mufcgeordie

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:30:18 PM »

Eamon Holmes is Irish and a Man United supporter, isn't Ireland further away from Manchester?

He lives and works in London though, isn't London further away from Manchester than Newcastle?

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:31:46 PM »
Actually put it this way, I was born in Gateshead, right? So am I meant to support Gateshead FC who are at the moment, lingering in the Unibond league.

So if I was a geordie, I would want more entertaining football, I know, let's support Newcastle because they are in the top flight of british football. So that's basically the same as glory hunting because Newcastle are in the top flight.

I chose Manchester United because they play exciting football and in that respect, they play entertaining and exciting football and manage to achive things along the way (ie. trophies).

:lol: Thats just a rubbish argument using Gateshead to try and get your way out of this and it wont work. People from Newcastle and the surrounding areas nearly all support Newcastle. You chose Man United because you are a glory hunter and will never understand how it feels to be a proper fan of a team cos you only wanna know the good times. To appreciate the good times properly you have to go through the bad times as well. You havent got this now, and you are not from anywhere near Manchester therefore you will always be a gloryhunter. When we go to Old Trafford we always sing "taxi for London". I dunno why, we might as well chuck "taxi for Gateshead" in there as well.

Alan Shearer:

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:31:57 PM »
Eamon Holmes is Irish and a Man United supporter, isn't Ireland further away from Manchester?

He lives and works in London though, isn't London further away from Manchester than Newcastle?

that's why he's a glory seeker

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:32:44 PM »
was there any need for the picture?  :lol: I think we know who Eamon Holmes is

Offline Leazes1986

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:32:54 PM »

:lol: He's just a fat idiot man. Who cares about him. He is a gloryhunter as well, like you.

Alan Shearer:

mufcgeordie

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:34:25 PM »

What about James Nesbitt from Cold Feet? He's Irish and a Manchester United supporter.

You see, Manchester United is a global club, there are fans all over the world, it doesn't matter where you live, you could support Barcelona and could still live in Madrid. It's where your true heart is, and it wasn't with Newcastle because I was only a child at the time.

It's also ironic how you Newcastle fans keep slating me with your replies and you do not even want to have a mature discussion, all you do is say that I am a 'gloryhunter'. Please for once, can I talk to a geordie who is mature and doesnt keep slating me with slander or foul comments. It just shows who the cretins are how un-compareable we all are.

Offline Kitman

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 12 July 2006, 02:35:08 PM »

I chose Manchester United because they play exciting football and in that respect, they play entertaining and exciting football and manage to achieve things along the way (ie. trophies).

At the end of the day, I am a Man United fan and supporter, I've been to their games and watched them, I am happy and I have made my bed and I intend and I will support Man United till the day I die, I am proud of being a Man United supporter, just like yous are proud of being Newcastle supporters.

Well originally I supported Man Utd because they played good football and won trophies.  After 1999 they got a bit rubbish so I then followed Arsenal because they played entertaining and exciting football and won trophies.  However recently I've been supporting Chelsea cos they've tended to win things the most.  I'm proud to be a Chelsea supporter until someone better comes along. bluebiggrin.gif
If you wonder why a professional football club should need a refresher course in such obvious issues as punctuality, discipline, team-bonding, fitness, injured players staying late for extra treatment, communication with those who have been out of the side (such as Mark Viduka last week), then you are not alone. One word: shambles.