Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 16441 times)

Offline JJ7

• General Member
Re: Graeme Jones
« Reply #300 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 09:59:28 AM »
His change in shape and intensity has given us a chance of staying up, but our fitness is shocking. We're blowing out of arses after an hour.

Agree with that. We've been playing far better and the pressing is working, however you just know we can't keep it up for any length of time. Well, apart from Almiron. I even think Shelvey is looking better.

That said, on staying up, we still concede weak goals far too often and struggle to score without Wilson. Huge chance we will go down.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
« Reply #301 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 10:21:26 AM »
The striker-as-winger with nobody in the middle is very strange mind, and it’s insanity to continue playing it without Wilson.

We’ve had ages to prepare for the last two games and come up with absolutely nothing in terms of solutions.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #302 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
Players like Jermaine Pennant say he was best man manager they have had, probably all jokes on training ground so maybe that's his role and Jones leads coaching as Bruce isn't a coaching manager according to a video I saw of Pennant

Friend first, boss second. Probably a biscuit connoisseur third.

Probably entertainer third.
We sit here stranded, though we're all doing our best to deny it

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #303 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 11:21:23 AM »
His change in shape and intensity has given us a chance of staying up, but our fitness is shocking. We're blowing out of arses after an hour.

Half an hour, in Shelvey's case.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Online Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #304 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 12:02:19 PM »
It is possible to be a good man manager and a good tactician at the same time - Brendan Rodgers, Klopp, Guardiola, Potter, even Dyche all seem to manage it. Modern football requires you to be more than a good laugh around the training ground, hence why we’ve had to bring in someone qualified to do the actual foot all side of things. Should be Embarrassing as f*** for Bruce.

Keegan as DOF with Rafa as manager would be the dream team really, wouldn't it?

That would have to VERY clearly structered as both are likely to grumble at any preceived toe stepping.

Not sure it would work though - too many cooks and all that jazz....

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #305 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Wish Ashley could just bin Bruce and let Jones get on with it. We'll be safe I'm sure. Some players are in the team because of Bruce and those are dragging us down. The likes of Shelvey, Hendrick and even Darlow might not be in the team of Jones was left to pick the side.

Forget Rafa or Howe or Pearson or whoever. Just sack Bruce and let Jones get on with it till the end of the season.

I think the new manager bounce factor has been killed by keeping Bruce here when bringing Jones in. Not sure sacking him now would make much difference. We are in a relegation fight for survival, think it might need someone with a bit more credibility to get this lot going again.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #306 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 03:42:52 PM »
Watched on Peacock here in the states.  The announcers made it a point to twice point out that Newcastle are playing more aggressively since Jones cam on board.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #307 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
Yep, saying we'd never try some of this stuff if Jones wasn't there.
N U F C