Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 16291 times)

Offline Candi_Hills

• General Member
Re: Graeme Jones
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:45:26 PM »
 :snod:
Can we update the thread title to Steve Jones NUFC manager?
Oz is harder than Yosser

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
Absolute w*****.

:lol: :thup:

I'll be going absolutely f***ing nowhere near a love-in for this no-mark who should be nowhere near the club. As complicit as the rest of them. Just happens to be competent.
Come on, if you are going all in, go all in. There is absolutely nothing to say he is actually competent. Enjoy the complete nonsense and Bruce undermining frivolity while we can. Give up on rationality like everyone else :p
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:47:30 PM »
My next dog's name is going to be Rafa Hatem Jones.

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:48:01 PM »
Absolute w*****.

I'll be going absolutely f***ing nowhere near a love-in for this no-mark who should be nowhere near the club. As complicit as the rest of them. Just happens to be competent.

I'm biased because I knew his dad but this talk is absolutely tripe. He's not your typical British managers lunch club coach. "Should be nowhere near the club" - he has the best CV for a coach that we've had for many years. I hope he gets the main job soon.

Offline CalmintheChaos

• General Member
  • Shildon, Co Durham
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:48:07 PM »
Jones mags!!  :aww:

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:48:12 PM »
Notches his first W on his PL managerial debut. Impressive start from him

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:49:39 PM »

Offline Mr Misery

« Reply #32 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:50:26 PM »
Congratulations to the new manager; great result in his first game.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:50:45 PM »
?s=21

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:52:00 PM »
Absolute w*****.

I'm biased because I knew his dad but this talk is absolutely tripe. He's not your typical British managers lunch club coach. "Should be nowhere near the club" - he has the best CV for a coach that we've had for many years. I hope he gets the main job soon.

I'll hold judgement on that for now. I like what I have heard about him, but if there's a takeover I would think the new owners will want proven pedigree. He's obviously an upgrade on Bruce, but we can't even judge him properly on that because Bruce is still officially the boss.

Offline Candi_Hills

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
I can see a silly tribal mentality stemming from this win whereby everything good is is due to Graeme and everything bad is Steve's fault. And I'm absolutely fine with it.
Oz is harder than Yosser

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:53:23 PM »
All that said, if there's no takeover and Ashley is keeping the club, then this sort of appointment would be far better than bringing in clapped out old tossers like Pardew, Bruce and McLaren.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:53:45 PM »
The contrast between the two, here..

Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:53:53 PM »
Wait, why did I call him Steve Jones?  :lol:

Might as well be, as our current staff includes Steves Bruce, Agnew, Clemente, Harper, and Nickson.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:59:14 PM »
All that said, if there's no takeover and Ashley is keeping the club, then this sort of appointment would be far better than bringing in clapped out old tossers like Pardew, Bruce and McLaren.

It's what should have been done all this time, when they blatantly just wanted a head coach that could work with the players they brought in.

Just go and get in a really well qualified trainer and coach. It's bloody ridiculous. They finally done it now, but have left him in a situation where that dufus Bruce is still lurking around like a bad smell.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 02:59:51 PM »

look at the little grin on the old fellas face who’s sitting down.😆

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:01:36 PM »

look at the little grin on the old fellas face who’s sitting down.😆

That's our GK coach  :lol:

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
Absolute w*****.

Nice, really would love to see Bruce tossed to let Jones really get stuck in.

If you can get word over to him that we know fat head had nothing to do with today too. Deserves all the kudos.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
Absolute w*****.

Yea, pretty harsh comments there! We haven’t hired a progressive type of coach since Cathro was appointed.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:12:25 PM »
We as fans should be wondering why we haven't been seeing that kind of performance every week, Mike Ashley should be wondering why he is now paying two manager's wages.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Online buzz

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:26:26 PM »
Funniest thing about that clip is Steve Agnew doing some vague pointing to try to imitate what Jones is doing  :lol:

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:30:11 PM »
Funniest thing about that clip is Steve Agnew doing some vague pointing to try to imitate what Jones is doing  :lol:

Commented on that in the match thread :lol:

So embarrassing. Bruce then tries to follow suit too :lol:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
Absolute w*****.

My view is based on the theory being correct about him being the acting manager/manager in waiting; and on that basis, his only managerial experience has come briefly at the foot of the Championship. So he isn't in the position on any sort of merit. Just another typical Ashley appointment; cheap, grateful and entering the job with eyes wide open. Just cos he's not a liar or totally incompetent (both of which remains to be seen of course) doesn't mean I'm gonna offer him any leeway.

Any manager at Mike Ashley's NUFC, who's career is being progressed at the expense of the continued Ashleyfication of the club, won't get any applause from me. Which I'm sure he'll be devastated about of course.

Offline Hhtoon

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:33:04 PM »

What I like about it is when I join a new team I hold back and let them take the lead for a bit so not to ruffle feathers.

He's just f***ed them off and going for it

Offline Wolfcastle

• General Member
  • Hey! I'm trying to have lunch here
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 30 January 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
New messiah did ye say?
Jesus Jones it is then.

Personally keeping us up for the takeover and showing Bruce up is the only good that can come of it for me though. Anybody keeping this thing ticking over as is is not for me.