12 (6%)
John Carver
86 (43%)
Alan Pardew
12 (6%)
Joe Kinnear
24 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Author Topic: Our Worst Manager Under Ashley  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Holmesy

• General Member
Re: Our Worst Manager Under Ashley
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 09:19:44 PM »
Pardew was utterly detestable but there were some entertaining performances during his tenure (most of them despite him rather than because of him). The 4-4 against Arsenal springs to mind.

Under Bruce we’ve seen nothing in 18 months and if anything, it’s getting worse. I know Pardew had better players but Bruce could have the Man City first team and we’d still be boring as f*** to watch. He’s No.1 for me now

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 10:55:59 PM »
f***ing hell. How do you get to a position where Alan Pardew only has 6% of the vote for worst manager in the last few years.

By appointing Lee f***ing Charnley to run your club and hire the managers.
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #152 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 06:43:25 AM »
As much as it pains me to say it, and it really does, Pardew at least managed to get Ben Arfa in his team when he could, despite his apparent lack of team ethic that was supposedly causing dressing room issues behind the scenes (Colo especially taking exception), whereas Bruce never gave him a look in even at Hull fking City.

Very strong point!

The time Bruce signed him was the time he was also outcast by Pardew let’s not forget. We were seeing Gouffran, Sammy Ameobi and even f***ing Gosling ahead of him.
?s=21