12 (6%)
John Carver
86 (43%)
Alan Pardew
12 (6%)
Joe Kinnear
24 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Author Topic: Our Worst Manager Under Ashley  (Read 5786 times)

Offline HawK

• General Member
Re: Our Worst Manager Under Ashley
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:08:34 PM »
They're all a f***ing embarrassment and should have been no-where near this club.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:11:03 PM »
Man ... Pardew was so rubbish and clueless, and his smarmy, arrogant, condescending manner just made the whole thing completely intolerable. Pretty difficult to top. Especially after that 5th place finish thanks to an outstanding team that he then went on to destroy single handedly.

Steve Bruce is equally rubbish and clueless, but is more of a pathetic figure just trying to blag it and cover his arse, which is pretty annoying too, but don't think it reaches Pardew levels.

It does - as a manager way worse

Disagree though last night was probably the worst managerial performance I’ve seen from anyone.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
As much as it pains me to say it, and it really does, Pardew at least managed to get Ben Arfa in his team when he could, despite his apparent lack of team ethic that was supposedly causing dressing room issues behind the scenes (Colo especially taking exception), whereas Bruce never gave him a look in even at Hull fking City.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:16:53 PM »
I do remember pardew once subbing ben arfa on at half time when we were down a few goals, ben arfa nearly dragging us back into the game then pardew singling him out for blame for the loss mind
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:17:50 PM »
I do remember pardew once subbing ben arfa on at half time when we were down a few goals, ben arfa nearly dragging us back into the game then pardew singling him out for blame for the loss mind

100%.. TBF I'm trying to compare manure with dogshite, mind.

Offline Cf

• General Member
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:19:29 PM »
f***ing hell. How do you get to a position where Alan Pardew only has 6% of the vote for worst manager in the last few years.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:26:38 PM »
Man ... Pardew was so rubbish and clueless, and his smarmy, arrogant, condescending manner just made the whole thing completely intolerable. Pretty difficult to top. Especially after that 5th place finish thanks to an outstanding team that he then went on to destroy single handedly.

Steve Bruce is equally rubbish and clueless, but is more of a pathetic figure just trying to blag it and cover his arse, which is pretty annoying too, but don't think it reaches Pardew levels.

It does - as a manager way worse

Managerially I think they are both completely inept, but there is certainly a case to be made that Bruce is even worse.

Think Pardew may have looked a bit better because of that 5th place squad he had a chance to work with. Then again even with that squad Bruce may have well made a complete pigs ear of it too.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:28:12 PM »
As much as it pains me to say it, and it really does, Pardew at least managed to get Ben Arfa in his team when he could, despite his apparent lack of team ethic that was supposedly causing dressing room issues behind the scenes (Colo especially taking exception), whereas Bruce never gave him a look in even at Hull fking City.

Very strong point!
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:31:15 PM »
I think I remember an anecdote told about Ginola, where I believe it was Rob Lee that complained to Keegan about Ginola just swanning around in training and not doing anything out of possession in matches. I think Keegan said that his job is to make chances and score goals, and that's what he's measured on. Whereas Rob Lee was measured on how much he ran up and down the pitch and get in the box when in possession. Lee was just told to accept that different players have different standards and different jobs. Rob Lee accepted what Keegan said and just got on with, and the rest was history.

Tried to find the story online but can't seem to find it. Maybe I dreamed it :lol: Point being, special players should have special rules and good managers know that. Whereas Bruce on Ben Arfa: "I hope Hatem takes in what I've had to say to him because his talent is there for all to see. But talent without hard work means you won't live up to your potential. Unfortunately, to play for me you have to know you are playing for the team." It isn't much of a leap to suggest that even prime Ginola wouldn't have got much of a game under Bruce.

Offline chicken little

• General Member
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 01:49:23 PM »
I think I remember an anecdote told about Ginola, where I believe it was Rob Lee that complained to Keegan about Ginola just swanning around in training and not doing anything out of possession in matches.

I'm sure I heard the same but with Beresford in place of Ginola Lee? I mean the actual truth doesn't matter like, the truth of the matter shines through!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:06:15 PM by chicken little »

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 02:06:45 PM »
I think I remember an anecdote told about Ginola, where I believe it was Rob Lee that complained to Keegan about Ginola just swanning around in training and not doing anything out of possession in matches. I think Keegan said that his job is to make chances and score goals, and that's what he's measured on. Whereas Rob Lee was measured on how much he ran up and down the pitch and get in the box when in possession. Lee was just told to accept that different players have different standards and different jobs. Rob Lee accepted what Keegan said and just got on with, and the rest was history.

Tried to find the story online but can't seem to find it. Maybe I dreamed it :lol: Point being, special players should have special rules and good managers know that. Whereas Bruce on Ben Arfa: "I hope Hatem takes in what I've had to say to him because his talent is there for all to see. But talent without hard work means you won't live up to your potential. Unfortunately, to play for me you have to know you are playing for the team." It isn't much of a leap to suggest that even prime Ginola wouldn't have got much of a game under Bruce.

Pretty much sums up why Bruce has never, and will never manage at the top level of the game. It's his job as a manager to harness that talent, and coax the work ethic and hard work out of a player. He should know that more than anyone, he played with Cantona and Fergie was a master of it.

Blokes talking out of his arsehole anyway, judging what Geoff Horsfield says about Duggary at Birmingham...

https://youtu.be/rlCdPmbGOcU?t=5190

Offline Candi_Hills

• General Member
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 02:11:45 PM »

Ben Afra didn't tear-arse round clattering blokes but he wasn't lazy either. He closed people down better than Ginola and Robert combined. I reckon he probably was an arsehole to work with generally but that's where man management comes in and where Pardew and Bruce were found lacking.

I still hate Pardew more than Bruce. Bruce is more a buffoon, a bit like Frank Spencer or Chief Wiggum, whereas Pardew is truly evil, like Josef Stalin or Mark Lawrenson.

Oz is harder than Yosser

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 02:19:02 PM »

Ben Afra didn't tear-arse round clattering blokes but he wasn't lazy either. He closed people down better than Ginola and Robert combined. I reckon he probably was an arsehole to work with generally but that's where man management comes in and where Pardew and Bruce were found lacking.

I still hate Pardew more than Bruce. Bruce is more a buffoon, a bit like Frank Spencer or Chief Wiggum, whereas Pardew is truly evil, like Josef Stalin or Mark Lawrenson.

I'd have him more Uday Hussian - plenty of power, nightclubs, strippers and sex without ever actually doing anything to deserve it.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 03:35:22 PM »
I still think Carver shouldn't be on that list mind - take him off and you'll see Bruce's true %!

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 03:50:48 PM »
yeah....cabbage head is sliding into that #1 spot

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 03:58:40 PM »

The last line made me laugh so much man. Thanks :lol:

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:00:39 PM »
I think I remember an anecdote told about Ginola, where I believe it was Rob Lee that complained to Keegan about Ginola just swanning around in training and not doing anything out of possession in matches.

I'm sure I heard the same but with Beresford in place of Ginola? I mean the actual truth doesn't matter like, the truth of the matter shines through!

Ah that sounds more familiar, would make sense as Beresford had to do the job of two people out of possession to accomodate him :lol:

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:08:41 PM »
The "False No 10" comment has rocketed him to the No 1 spot in my eyes.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:09:46 PM »
Plural my dear, "False no 10's" that makes it even odder.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:10:30 PM »
Plural my dear, "False no 10's" that makes it even odder.
Ah sorry, yes :lol:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Mag_in_NZ

• General Member
  • Geordies here, Geordies there
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:12:31 PM »
Voted Carver and Then Kinnear and Bruce (3rd place) but after yesterday the Vogon wins it, in over 50 years that's the first time I have seen a Manager set up, against lower opposition, to actively not try and win.......f*** him and get outta here
There might not be many of us here son but we're quality, f***ing quality

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • ‘Rolled wuh sleeve dust up wuh kicked backsides’
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 07:27:25 PM »
Vogon 😀 rather hear their poetry than Bruce speak again

www.brianstormers.net Modern History & Film podcast network

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 08:47:29 PM »
last night officially made Bruce the worst.

even Clueless Carver wouldnt have played 9 defensively minded players against the bottom club without a win to its name.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 09:00:22 PM »
Honestly, Carver should be removed from the list. He was a joke. I can barely remember anything good out of his interim period.

Bruce is just the worse, the football, the personality, the arrogance, the patrionising, the disrespect to the club and the fans, the dinosaur knowledge of the game. An impostor of a Geordie.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 09:14:22 PM »
Amazed I'm saying this but i can't stand Bruce more than i did Pardew. Purely with the football.

Pardew truly came of the devils arse, Bruce however while an utter arse gravy, fell out of a useless football manager tree and hit c***ing branch on the way down.
I just can't put him in the same personal hatred bracket as Pardew.