Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 9661 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #50 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 03:11:01 PM »
Didn't Trump pardon the parents or something the other day?

Governor of Colorado

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #51 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 04:42:48 PM »
There's a fantastic old Married With Children ep where Santa dies skydiving.

I absolutely love that  :lol:

Married with children and tour of duty were amazing.

oh s***. Totally forgot about Tour of Duty. Absolutely class show from what I remember.
To crush your enemies while wearing a loincloth and bandolier, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 04:59:38 PM »
Morcambe and wise.  :lol: :lol:
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
Wonder Woman 1984. Kid in the arcades playing Operation Wolf, which was of course released by Taito in Autumn of 1987. f***ing amateur hour.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #54 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
Wonder Woman 1984. Kid in the arcades playing Operation Wolf, which was of course released by Taito in Autumn of 1987. f***ing amateur hour.
Bearings Straight!

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #55 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 08:27:17 PM »
Local Hero.  Only film I ever watch these days, every couple of Christmases. Honestly, it's so f***ing good to this day :aww: a very young Peter Capaldi plays a f***ing blinder

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • someone's in the kitchen with dinah
« Reply #56 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
saw ep 1 of The Boys long ago but never followed up, currently binging through S1. on E6 now. Been class so far.

Spoiler
[close]
Finished the binge. Did people really think S2 fell off that much? Wasn't super pleased at the end but felt it was very strong regardless.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
I don't remember any of the reaction in here being negative.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 10:14:32 PM »
I’ve become exceedingly soft in fatherhood, watching the christmas special of The Office and completely fell apart emotionally when Dawn walked back into the party :lol:

Such a perfect finale to that show.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 12:00:24 AM »
I’ve become exceedingly soft in fatherhood, watching the christmas special of The Office and completely fell apart emotionally when Dawn walked back into the party :lol:

Think I’ve always been a bit soft on that stuff, but fatherhood has totally f***ed me when it comes to emotional stuff about kids. There’s loads of things I struggle to watch now, but I think I cry every time “Cats in the Cradle” comes on.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 12:11:24 PM »

Always been a bit of a softie with that scene. A great and happy ending  :smitten:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 12:41:55 PM »

Think I’ve always been a bit soft on that stuff, but fatherhood has totally f***ed me when it comes to emotional stuff about kids. There’s loads of things I struggle to watch now, but I think I cry every time “Cats in the Cradle” comes on.

Was a couple of years ago when I put on “The Land Before Time” and the opening scene annihilated me. f***ing T-Rex murders his mother right in front of him. How in f*** am I supposed to watch that? :lol:

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 01:14:57 PM »
Local Hero.  Only film I ever watch these days, every couple of Christmases. Honestly, it's so f***ing good to this day :aww: a very young Peter Capaldi plays a f***ing blinder

Every little thing about it.
The motorcyclist who just speeds up and down the street.
The Russian smuggler/sailor.
The band at the Ceilidh.
Burt Lancaster's psychiatrist.
A superb film and a sad reminder of the greatness of Bill Forsyth.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 04:08:23 PM »
It's absolutely perfect in pretty much every regard IMO. Whenever I see it again, the thought always crosses my mind that the reason I don't bother with film or television any more is maybe that I've already seen this and I don't really need to see anything else [emoji38]

That last scene and the music starting as the credits roll :smitten:

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 04:26:53 PM »
Started watching Deadly Class, canny. School for teen assassins, nice bit of violence with a good 80’s soundtrack.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 09:15:59 AM »
There's a new Charlie Brooker ting on Netflix. Docudrama, 'Death to 2020'.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 09:30:52 PM »
Loved the Christmas Gone Fishing episode

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 09:47:38 PM »
Loved the Christmas Gone Fishing episode
Yeah the end got me, great stuff.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 11:10:13 PM »
Letterkenny S9 on Hulu now. The sister is still an absolute f***ing worldie.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 11:12:30 PM »
Letterkenny S9 on Hulu now. The sister is still an absolute f***ing worldie.

The fourth episode is so f***ing funny. :lol:

Online Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Monday 28 December 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
There's a new Charlie Brooker ting on Netflix. Docudrama, 'Death to 2020'.

Was decent, obviously, but a long long way from his best work. Actually needed more him.

It's basically a 'Year'-Wipe with Brooker's script spoken by actors playing stereotypes; or like an A-list expansion of the Shitpeas/Cunk stuff. Including Cristin Milioti with whom I'm very much in love.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 30 December 2020, 05:00:04 PM »
Thought The Valhalla Murders was decent but final episode wasn't the greatest. For any fans of The Bridge

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 30 December 2020, 05:20:52 PM »
Watched ‘Back’ over the last couple of days. A Mitchell and Webb comedy. I vaguely remember it being advertised, but never really heard anyone mention it and didn’t realise it was 3 years old.

Pretty funny, I thought. David Mitchell’s character just seems like Mark from Peep Show with a beard and a drink problem :lol: but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 30 December 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
I’ve been recently watching the 11 O’clock Show on YouTube. I remembered it being very good but it’s even better than that, right up there with anything Channel 4 has done IMO. Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen with some of the best stuff they’ve done and the legacy it has with what they went on to do after.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 30 December 2020, 06:18:26 PM by CFlan »

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 30 December 2020, 06:11:23 PM »
Watched ‘Back’ over the last couple of days. A Mitchell and Webb comedy. I vaguely remember it being advertised, but never really heard anyone mention it and didn’t realise it was 3 years old.

Pretty funny, I thought. David Mitchell’s character just seems like Mark from Peep Show with a beard and a drink problem :lol: but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I thought it was canny in places but a bit too similar to Peep Show for me, the characters were too similar (DM as the stuck-up angry at the world one, RW as the floating through life affable drifter) and it obviously wasn't as good.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent