Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 14201 times)

Online DMC

• General Member
Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 08:51:17 PM »
The Expanse S05 Ep7 still setting the gold standard

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 10:19:14 PM »

Online DMC

• General Member
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 11:04:28 PM »
Mortal Engines, absolute f***ing w***

Offline Facundo Ferreyra

• General Member
« Reply #203 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 01:52:58 PM »
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

How is it 16yr old FFS. f*** I'm getting old.

One of the best comedies ever. So f***ing good. I discovered it about 8 years ago and must have watched it three or four times a year since. Incredible

Online Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #204 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 02:01:30 PM »
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

How is it 16yr old FFS. f*** I'm getting old.

One of the best comedies ever. So f***ing good. I discovered it about 8 years ago and must have watched it three or four times a year since. Incredible

I know I've told you this one before but I feel like everyone needs to know about it too.

When they were mixing the sound for it the editor didn't think it sounded s*** enough so he completely unspooled the audio reel onto the floor, jumped all over it for a few mins then wound it all back up and used that as the final audio mix.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 02:03:13 PM »
Lupin is great
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #206 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 02:07:11 PM »
Lupin is great
I've read some good things about it. May give it a go.

Online gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #207 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 02:13:27 PM »
On the subject of Garth Marenghi, I just realised that Matthew Holness was in Bly Manor, I knew I recognised him from somewhere

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #208 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 03:06:43 PM »
Raising Dion was ok. Not top tier but certainly watchable
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #209 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 09:59:26 PM »
Night Stalker on Netflix. Another serial killer thing, the c*** doing the murdering was some sicko like (not that all serial killers aren't) but this bloke had it in for everyone, attacked/kidnapped and molested kids, crawled through windows and killed couples minding their own business or having a nice night in, knacked grannies kipping in their beds with hammers, the whack. Typical 4 parter, good, if distressing at times and as usual, the bizzies struggled to catch the swine.

Offline Neil

• General Member
  • The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #210 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:07:15 PM »
Night Stalker on Netflix. Another serial killer thing, the c*** doing the murdering was some sicko like (not that all serial killers aren't) but this bloke had it in for everyone, attacked/kidnapped and molested kids, crawled through windows and killed couples minding their own business or having a nice night in, knacked grannies kipping in their beds with hammers, the whack. Typical 4 parter, good, if distressing at times and as usual, the bizzies struggled to catch the swine.

Yeah it's pretty grim viewing. Remarkably unsettling how many actual crime scene photos they use too. I hope the families don't watch it, it's not subtly done.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #211 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 10:13:12 PM »

Yeah it's pretty grim viewing. Remarkably unsettling how many actual crime scene photos they use too. I hope the families don't watch it, it's not subtly done.

Yeah they definitely didn't hold back, felt awful for the children of the deceased, reliving it all must be hellish. The 70's and 80's didn't half reveal some mental f***ers in the States. This bugger was something else though, creepy f***er doesn't even get close. Rough profession being a homicide copper in that era, huge pressure to catch these mad c***s and such a huge country, no DNA testing available yet and then you get a sod like this who targeted anyone who didn't lock their windows or just fancied a breeze in their bedroom.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #212 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 09:11:17 AM »

Yeah they definitely didn't hold back, felt awful for the children of the deceased, reliving it all must be hellish. The 70's and 80's didn't half reveal some mental f***ers in the States. This bugger was something else though, creepy f***er doesn't even get close. Rough profession being a homicide copper in that era, huge pressure to catch these mad c***s and such a huge country, no DNA testing available yet and then you get a sod like this who targeted anyone who didn't lock their windows or just fancied a breeze in their bedroom.
It was well done, but christ, the cops were pretty useless.
I thought that the reason it focussed on Gil - the detective - was because it was his hard work that captured the killer...but it wasn't was it.
And his attitude at times was baffling. "I know it's bad wanting more murders, but if he killed again, he would leave more clues".
It would've been a better show, if we'd seen more interviews with the 'locals' who caught him.
Also it alluded to the damaging background Ramirez had as a child,. but then didn't elaborate.
7/10

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #213 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 10:36:14 AM »
Hate it when they constantly use the word Evil in those documentaries. It's pure laziness just to label a crime or a criminal Evil.

Look harder and you will find a mental illness or a criminal moulded from society.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #214 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 01:40:04 PM »
Hate it when they constantly use the word Evil in those documentaries. It's pure laziness just to label a crime or a criminal Evil.

Look harder and you will find a mental illness or a criminal moulded from society.

Yeah, especially from the Police.
There supposed to be rationalists.
Facts only, not ancient superstition.

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #215 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 01:46:18 PM »
MSNBC - Morning Joe.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #216 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 02:29:36 PM »

It was well done, but christ, the cops were pretty useless.
I thought that the reason it focussed on Gil - the detective - was because it was his hard work that captured the killer...but it wasn't was it.
And his attitude at times was baffling. "I know it's bad wanting more murders, but if he killed again, he would leave more clues".
It would've been a better show, if we'd seen more interviews with the 'locals' who caught him.
Also it alluded to the damaging background Ramirez had as a child,. but then didn't elaborate.
7/10

I think that they very rarely "focus" on the perpetrator in these productions. Often, I think it's so that they can build the tension for anyone watching who doesn't know his identity ahead of time. Maybe it's because they don't want to be accused of "glamourizing" the culprit.

He's been subsequently described as a "made psychopath" rather than born that way due to his diagnosed schizoid personality disorder. Showing some of that plus his background might have made this one stand out a bit more, given more depth, instead it was a bit paint by numbers. The cops were a bit useless and as is often the case it seems, the guy was caught a bit by chance but to be fair, without DNA testing, his muddled MO and the urban sprawl must have made it tough, you could see how much it affected them personally.

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #217 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 02:32:41 PM »

Yeah, especially from the Police.
There supposed to be rationalists.
Facts only, not ancient superstition.

Evil is a lazy description, he had SPD and that should have been explored more to give context and meaning, but this creep was definitely icy and remorseless to the very end. Never once expressed and ounce of regret. I felt a surge of happiness when the locals collared him and give him a hiding.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #218 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 09:41:25 PM »
We've just started watching Dix percent, French comedy drama which has been getting lots of plugs recently in our social media world.

It's a very entertaining look at celebrity culture from the POV of celebrity agents with a different actor guest starring each episode.

I'd recommend it so far, 2 episodes in.

It's very comfy.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #219 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 09:50:06 PM »
3 episodes into The Serpent. Not sure all the timelines are making sense at the moment but enoying it

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #220 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 09:59:02 PM »
Airplane! about to start on ITV4+1, seen it dozens of times but can't resist sticking it on.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Online toon25

• General Member
« Reply #221 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:34:16 PM »
The French series ‘Spiral’. Not seen it before so started at Season 1. Just finished S3. Absolutely incredible. Best thing I’ve watched in years

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #222 on: Monday 18 January 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
The French series ‘Spiral’. Not seen it before so started at Season 1. Just finished S3. Absolutely incredible. Best thing I’ve watched in years

Is that on the iPlayer?

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #223 on: Monday 18 January 2021, 12:26:14 PM »
Anyone watched murder in Bollywood?  Not really sure who to believe in that one, kept swinging back and forth.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #224 on: Monday 18 January 2021, 02:57:10 PM »