Author Topic: UK Politics - Generation Tory  (Read 220196 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: UK Politics - Generation Tory
« Reply #6425 on: Yesterday at 06:32:21 PM »
Incidentally, and I hope and am sure I don't really need to say this, but the only reason any media south of the border gives a s*** about any of it, thus covering it on the news, is to chip away at the SNP powerbase. As an overall objective, I'm not dead set against it in principal, but be under no illusion, it's the Tories that'll benefit and why they're so happy to make news of it. Like f*** does the Spectator give a crap about Scottish politics.

Labour's lost voters are truly lost, they can't jump back from the SNP because they've a new ideological mindset. Labour are dead up here unless they accept indy, with the understanding there are still unionists in the party. Stop making it an either or, but rather positive case on both.

That all said, I can't in good conscience want the SNP to lose with the Tories winning. That's a good bye to free bus passes for the old, free prescriptions, probably even and end to free tuition fees. f*** that. So, will be happy to vote SNP in place of all the morons ditching them for the Salmond & Cherry conspiracy express.

Plus, anyway, a split in the party doesn't cause the same problems. PR up here, might just have to share power with the same people they've been sharing power with. :lol:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6426 on: Yesterday at 06:41:05 PM »
Incidentally, and I hope and am sure I don't really need to say this, but the only reason any media south of the border gives a s*** about any of it, thus covering it on the news, is to chip away at the SNP powerbase. As an overall objective, I'm not dead set against it in principal, but be under no illusion, it's the Tories that'll benefit and why they're so happy to make news of it. Like f*** does the Spectator give a crap about Scottish politics.

Labour's lost voters are truly lost, they can't jump back from the SNP because they've a new ideological mindset. Labour are dead up here unless they accept indy, with the understanding there are still unionists in the party. Stop making it an either or, but rather positive case on both.

That all said, I can't in good conscience want the SNP to lose with the Tories winning. That's a good bye to free bus passes for the old, free prescriptions, probably even and end to free tuition fees. f*** that. So, will be happy to vote SNP in place of all the morons ditching them for the Salmond & Cherry conspiracy express.

Plus, anyway, a split in the party doesn't cause the same problems. PR up here, might just have to share power with the same people they've been sharing power with. :lol:

Angry English men have their pants down and are going at it already just at the thought.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
  • Lew'sham
« Reply #6427 on: Yesterday at 07:06:34 PM »

A review of a book, but brings up some interesting historical points to the potential break up of the UK.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/review-of-gavin-esler-how-britain-ends-7318078

Oh, and yeah, f*** the Spectator.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #6428 on: Yesterday at 07:12:57 PM »
See I find myself becoming more ideological about independence. I think it's necessary to kill British nationalism, English as he calls it, so I've begun to come to terms with the economic pain. Whatever the case is, Britain is rancid and anything to pull it apart can only be for the good of the future.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #6429 on: Yesterday at 08:47:03 PM »
People seem adamant that Scotland is leaving the UK soon, but there's surely no way this government will approve the referendum?
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #6430 on: Yesterday at 11:13:28 PM »
The plan is to hold one then take it to the courts, presuming it's a win. Not sure of the success that will give, but they think it's their trump card. They'll 'dare Boris to defy the courts', I'm sure I read in The National. No hint of irony, that I could see.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #6432 on: Today at 07:12:40 AM »
You could hold a referendum on being given £15k a year for free by the government which would win tbh, I don't see it getting enacted just because a majority of folk want it.

Did the SNP not see what happened in Catalonia when they had a shot at this? [emoji38] would be entertaining seeing Sturgeon go to the tower for treason or sedition tbh, would be something a bit different for a change
« Last Edit: Today at 07:24:50 AM by OpenC »