Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 96039 times)

Shearergol, TaylorJ_01, Robster (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
COVID-19
« on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 05:31:39 PM »
New thread as the previous one reached 1000 pages, last post of the last thread:

I echo SEMTEX here. A few of you have taken on superiority complexes just by focusing on how you think that some of us are doing certain things just to feel superior. My first emotion is feeling infuriated with f***ing adults who really should know better, but instead act like toddlers who just learned to say no. Because, you know, freedom and s***. It has nothing to do with me taking an opportunity to feel better about myself. Yes, I understand there are economic concerns. Of course there are. All of my 2020 gigs went down the shitter, and I still have to pay rent. Wullie said it best who should be helping us get through this right now (just shows that those with their tongues lodged in Ayn Rand's decomposed ass are absolutely f***ing terrible at governing through a crisis). But some of us here have lost loved ones to this. Dead. Gone. Not f***ing coming back. So I don't give a f*** if there are certain things that are legal. It was legal to go to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, because they have a terrible governor. But it still wasn't a good idea for hundreds of thousands to go.

Don't remember who said it, but he was dead on when he stated that modern humans have paleolithic minds, medieval institutions, and God-like technology. Because we look just as sorry as the likes of the Anti-Mask League back in 1918. It's the self help age metastasizing into self-gratification-and-f***-everyone-else era. So no, I don't necessarily feel superior because people debase themselves.  I feel disgusted and bemused first and foremost. In the past, I'd say a pox on your house to some of you, but, well, you know.

Offline St. Maximin

Re: COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 05:51:27 PM »
A point I tried to make (albeit badly and I took back a comment I made) before I felt was taken out context (along with me falsely being accused of breaking the law), is people are sneered at far all sorts of things that really aren’t shocking. Even something like going shopping or drinking/eating during pandemic is seen as really selfish, when in principal it isn’t. We all do things that could potentially cause harm, but there is no need for everyone to abstain to completely remove any risk of an infection, no matter how minimal it is when you factor in their own precautions as well as the venues.

If nothing else, selfishness comes at different levels. Going to a shop that has a Covid policy without symptoms is hardly the same as going to an illegal rave and then visiting their grandparents. Those idiots deserve all the stick they get. Simply doing something that isn’t illegal while not 100% incapable of spreading a virus doesn’t in itself make you selfish.

Of course people aren’t actually staying at home to feel morally superior, but some of the sneering at people in different circumstances is a bit tiring and quite often (but not always) unwarranted.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 6 December 2020, 06:04:30 PM »
It's a bit tiring to see countries like Vietnam, South Korea, and Japan do pretty well, while we have a proper R0 waving contest over here.
To crush your enemies while wearing a loincloth and bandolier, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #3 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 12:16:49 AM »
It's a bit tiring to see countries like Vietnam, South Korea, and Japan do pretty well, while we have a proper R0 waving contest over here.

:morph:
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #4 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 12:32:59 AM »

And of course Australia and New Zealand.
To crush your enemies while wearing a loincloth and bandolier, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 03:41:05 AM »

And of course Australia and New Zealand.

Better :lol: :thup:
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 10:55:47 AM »
?s=19

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
My superiority complex is better than yours.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #8 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 02:29:28 PM »
Sweden getting tougher restrictions I hear. Sure we'll hear lots about that in the right wing press.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 02:34:36 PM »
The pivot back to despising them and wanting them to suffer as much as non-white person will be seemless.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #10 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 05:49:04 PM »
https://www.nbcchicago.com/lx/another-reason-to-wear-a-mask-covid-19-may-cause-erectile-dysfunction/2386588/

But during a recent interview with NBC 5 Chicago, infectious disease expert Dr Dena Grayson highlighted the possibility the virus could also be a cause.

“There is some real concern here that men could have longtime issues of erectile dysfunction from this virus, because we know that it causes issues in the vasculature,” said Dr Grayson.

WUT-OH! 

:sad::pedro:

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
If that's not enough to get anti vaxxers on board quite frankly I don't think anything will.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 05:51:21 PM »
WTF!

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 05:53:24 PM »
Unlucky Nees.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Kill Your Masters
« Reply #14 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 05:53:53 PM »
If that's not enough to get anti vaxxers on board quite frankly I don't think anything will.

:lol: Anti vaxxers aint f***ing. Even they recognise the clip of each other.
Articles, articles, articles, rather you remain unremarkable.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 06:00:20 PM »

Aye :lol: they don't get their end away much to start with.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #16 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

:lol: But sadly, at least 3/4 of the hottest chicks in LA are anti-vaxxers. They believe that the Law of Attraction will sort them out...just like it sorted them out by getting them a good pole gig at Flesh after being turned down for CSI Bakersfield or whatever the f*** offshoot they auditioned for.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #17 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 08:45:50 PM »

:lol: But sadly, at least 3/4 of the hottest chicks in LA are anti-vaxxers. They believe that the Law of Attraction will sort them out...just like it sorted them out by getting them a good pole gig at Flesh after being turned down for CSI Bakersfield or whatever the f*** offshoot they auditioned for.

Was gonna say, Giuliani’s mad hair sex fiend sidekick is clearly an anti-vaxxer, even if she doesn’t know what that is.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 10:02:51 PM »

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #19 on: Monday 7 December 2020, 11:03:44 PM »

Would though
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 8 December 2020, 12:36:39 AM »

Would though

Seriously?? Looks about 6.

Offline Ben

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 8 December 2020, 07:16:02 AM »
What Covid rules has Kay Burley broke to be suspended from Sky ?

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 8 December 2020, 09:40:55 AM »
?s=21

Crying man, what a c***.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 8 December 2020, 09:43:04 AM »
Please f***ing die.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.