Author Topic: Worst PL Game Ever Played  (Read 5592 times)

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
Re: Worst PL Game Ever Played
« Reply #100 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 10:39:06 AM »
Not worst PL game, but worst game I've ever been to for sheer pain for Partizan Belgrade in Champs League Qualifier at home.

I was high as f*** (terrible mistake), and we didn't play that well, and felt so empty after the pen loss. Almost cried. Really, really tough moment.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #101 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 10:44:31 AM »
The amount of these I'm reading and nodding along to.  I've been to some horrendous games :lol: Quite glad I've hardly been to any games in the last couple of years.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #102 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 10:44:35 AM »
Also Villa away the relegation one and the one where Colo played midfield and Kuqi came on. God awful
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #103 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
All round just terrible games I've been to that I can recall;

Pretty much all of our defeats at home to Leicester since they came up, every single performance in that fixture has been utterly vile.

The mackem defeats at SJP.

All of the home defeats in the Championship, we tended to beat ourselves by being so s***.

The 0-6 defeat to Liverpool in the following home game after the first 0-3 to the mackems.

0-4 defeat to Spurs at SJP, it was midweek, f***ing freezing and tipping it down.

McClaren's last game, the 1-3 at home to Bournemouth. Didn't hurt by the following Friday as it meant Benitez was brought in.

5-1 defeat to Pardew's Palace.

And that's all from just the top of my head. :lol:
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #104 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
I've been really fortunate on the whole with games in the flesh; certainly more good than bad. I can remember some inoffensive dull ones in the 09/10 Championship season - think we drew 0-0 at home to both Derby and Bristol City - but they were all just a means to an end, really. We were unbeaten at home after all.

Stoke 1-2, Blackburn 1-2 (Barton punched Pedersen) in the first season back were both rubbish, and the West Brom 3-3 on the last day was a pisser as well, but as bad as they were, there's been so many worse days.

The Allardyce 0-2 against Man City and the two Hull games in 08/09 are probably the top 3 worst ones. Particularly the cup Hull game which was a truly dreadful game of association soccer. That's probably the pinnacle tbh, if I had to say one.

Online Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #105 on: Friday 4 December 2020, 09:32:11 PM »
1-0 loss away to Villa, James Collins scored a header from a free kick, in the white away kit not long after we sold Carroll. Pretty certain that the goal was the only chance of any kind in the whole match, I reckon if they had xG back then the two teams put together might have scraped 0.15 or something.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 07:29:43 PM »
 :mancini:

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 11:22:31 PM »
Not worst PL game, but worst game I've ever been to for sheer pain for Partizan Belgrade in Champs League Qualifier at home.

I was high as f*** (terrible mistake), and we didn't play that well, and felt so empty after the pen loss. Almost cried. Really, really tough moment.

massive turning point for the club.
just felt empty for days.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."