Author Topic: NBA 2020-21 - Ah God Here We Go  (Read 8735 times)

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency
« Reply #75 on: Monday 21 December 2020, 03:52:43 PM »
Think the Knicks got a steal with the point guard they picked up later in the first round, Immanuel Quickley. I like the look of him a lot. Think they're going to love him in the Garden.

Season starts tonight too. Doesn't feel like it though. Going to be interesting to see how the games come across. All seems a bit underwhelming at the minute.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency
« Reply #76 on: Monday 21 December 2020, 06:42:19 PM »
Season starts tonight too.

f***'s sake.

Offline Mole

• General Member
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Ah God Here We Go
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
People are gonna think I'm overreacting but Clippers on paper should be better than last year.

Ibaka is actually going to defend the rim, Batum should be better than any non PG, Kawhi wing they had and Kennard is better than Shamet.

Still don't have a point guard but their roster makes so much more sense on paper than it did a year ago.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Clippers threw away the WCS, they’ll be great again this year with a better coach and team.
LGM

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
Nets have an unfair advantage not having to get accustomed to playing in front of no one.

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 02:08:31 PM »
:lol:

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 02:23:18 PM »
People are gonna think I'm overreacting but Clippers on paper should be better than last year.

Ibaka is actually going to defend the rim, Batum should be better than any non PG, Kawhi wing they had and Kennard is better than Shamet.

Still don't have a point guard but their roster makes so much more sense on paper than it did a year ago.

They looked good and actually seemed to be running some interesting sets.

Ty Lue had been talking about using some of the Triangle offense to put Kawhi in those post setups Jordan and Kobe excelled in, and I thought it looked really good.

Batum was a good addition just for his size and agility. Looked effective against both LeBron and AD defensively. Tend to forget how big he is. Also handles the ball so well and passes it well too, finished with 6 assists.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 02:24:35 PM »
Nets would be crazy to trade for Harden IMO.

Have such a versatile and deep supporting cast that fits so well around Kyrie and Durant.

Leave well alone!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 10:43:33 PM »
f***'s sake. Howay the f***ing Knicks. Christ. f***ing kill me already.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • Best Games Poster 2020 Nominee.
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday 23 December 2020, 10:48:20 PM »
Ain’t no stoppin Obi Toppin!

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • Best Games Poster 2020 Nominee.
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 01:48:13 AM »
Eldfrid Payton is a disgraceful excuse of an basketball player.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 02:23:47 AM »
Eldfrid Payton is a disgraceful excuse of an basketball player.

You guys really should have picked up a veteran guard that can shoot. He's so basic offensively.

RJ has looked really good and has definitely improved which is a great sign. You guys looked good early on, just need to get Quickley in there pronto.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #87 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 02:27:43 AM »
Giannis is cringeworthy a lot of the times. This man has not developed enough of an offensive skillset.

He has at least 4 offensive fouls this game barrelling into the lane like a bull in a china shop, trying to euro step every time. Painful to watch.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #88 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 03:04:16 AM »
Tatum and Brown are something else man. Every time I see them they look better and better. Yikes.

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #89 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 03:41:53 AM »
We won a NBA basketball game and played defence.

I need a few weeks to process this information.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 11:08:29 AM »
:lol:

Caught a bit of your game.

Team looked nicely balanced and is so physically gifted at every position. You guys are well on your way.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 24 December 2020, 09:35:46 PM »
League feels super balanced atm, there are like 16 teams with duos who are elite.
LGM

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #92 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 03:38:15 PM »
Looking at the schedule today, it's such a shame Klay and Draymond is injured.

Because the games are pretty awesome and it's a shame that one will be a blowout.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #93 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:00:17 PM »
Bledsoe is the one thing that ruins this Pelicans team. Really thought he'd be moved on.

Surprised he is being used as a starter. They need another shooter in that starting 5 and he is so unreliable.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #94 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:36:04 PM »
Bledsoe can't even make a floater from 2 ft away from the hoop ... smh.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #95 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
They might want to try defending the 3 at some point too

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #96 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:44:24 PM »
Yeah, their defence needs some work for sure.

Team has so much potential though. Ingram and Williamson are a heck of a young duo.

I really don't like Bledsoe though. He can be so bloody awful on offense. So tough to watch.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #97 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
BKN vs BOS is going to be s*** hot, unfortunately. Howay....covid.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #98 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:50:18 PM »
Bledsoe is a mess, completely agree with that

Think Brooklyn will get the better of us tbh because KD is just unstoppable. Should be a fun game though

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #99 on: Friday 25 December 2020, 06:57:11 PM »
Going to be an interesting matchup. You lot looked good against the Bucks.

Jeff Teague was a fantastic addition, as was Tristan. Once Kemba comes back it's going to be something else.