Author Topic: NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency  (Read 1112 times)

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:21:43 PM »
Big number for Hayward but I suppose what other free agents do Charlotte have a shot at.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:21:27 PM »
Suns sign Jae Crowder.

Such a great addition for them. Adding Crowder and Paul to that group is so great.

Happy for Booker.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 11:28:16 PM »
So apparently Danny Ainge messed up.

Hayward wanted to go to Indy and has already moved his family back there and everything.

Indy offered Turner and McDermott in a sign and trade, and Ainge was insisting on Turner and TJ Warren or Oladipo.

Jordan swooped in during the stalemate and essentially offered Hayward a deal he couldn't really refuse.

Really bad for Boston, as I think Turner would have been a really interesting piece to add for them. Now they're left with nothing.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:10:11 AM »
It's s*** that we got nothing for him but there's no way to know we weren't close to a deal with Indiana before Charlotte came in for him.

4/120 is ridiculous for Hayward at 30 and after the injuries he's had btw

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 02:20:24 AM »
The idea of Turner is better than the reality.

They're much better off with Tristan Thompson.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 04:13:34 AM »
Think Adams is finished Moley, not sure what the thinking was there.

I wouldn't say he's finished - his stats last year are in line with the rest of his career when you adjust for the less minutes.

But that is and always was problem - he was a high floor, low ceiling guy.  If you need him get you 8 boards, he will give you 10 boards, if you need him to dominate the glass and get you 20, he will get you 10.  Just doesn't have the drive like his sister does.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 08:01:02 AM »
The idea of Turner is better than the reality.

They're much better off with Tristan Thompson.

Yeah, he's not perfect, but he could have been had and Thompson can't be.

Turner is still really young, and working within Brad Stephen's system I could easily see him doing better and improving going forward.

*Never mind! Just realised that Thompson was a free agent and they have indeed signed him. That's a great deal for them, as he's much better defensively, particularly when switching onto guards. Nice move.

Wonder if they could have had both Thompson and then Turner through the sign and trade. That would have been amazing.
« Last Edit: Sunday 22 November 2020, 09:17:45 AM by KaKa »

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 08:07:00 AM »
Think Adams is finished Moley, not sure what the thinking was there.

I wouldn't say he's finished - his stats last year are in line with the rest of his career when you adjust for the less minutes.

But that is and always was problem - he was a high floor, low ceiling guy.  If you need him get you 8 boards, he will give you 10 boards, if you need him to dominate the glass and get you 20, he will get you 10.  Just doesn't have the drive like his sister does.

His stats are decent enough at around 13 and 10 the seasons he plays at least 30 mins.

But with him it's not really about stats. He brings a ton of toughness and is a really good defender. He also sets the best picks in the league by far. The guy just does all the important things that add a lot of value, and is a very unselfish player and so a great character addition too.

Amazing that he's only just 27 years old too. Really liked the move, personally.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 09:30:08 AM »
Clippers get Serge Ibaka! Big bounce back after losing Harrell to the Lakers.

Love this signing, and think he's a better fit than Harrell for them, as he's more versatile defensively and is a far superior shooter from the free throw line and three.

Ibaka, Morris, Kawhi and George in the same 5 is very handy defensively. Good stuff.

Man, this coming season is going to be interesting.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 09:35:22 AM »
In other news ...

The Knicks have signed Elfrid Payton and Nerlens Noel.

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 10:19:14 AM »
1 year deals that will be easily flipped for assets at the trade deadline. Well maybe not Payton because he’s doo doo

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 10:51:33 AM »
I know man, was just messing with you.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
So Harrell took less money than offered elsewhere to join the Lakers, because of course ... he is a client of Klutch sports.

Anyone find this whole LeBron and Klutch thing a bit weird, and how it can be used to gain an unfair advantage?

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:13:12 AM »
Rich Paul won him a championship by getting AD to him. It’s dodgy as f*** the whole thing I’m actually surprised that Thompson went to the Celtics due to their lack of relationship with Klutch.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:29:24 AM »
Yes, of course! Boston had the assets NO were after to swing that AD trade, but he refused to go there due to this whole nonsense.

Yeah man, I think it's outrageous really. I mean ... it's so difficult to have any respect for LeBron's accomplishments because he's always manipulating things in some way.

No idea how this whole thing is allowed.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:56:41 PM »
Serge to link back up with Kawhi at the clippers apparently

LGM

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 04:14:06 PM »
What's this f***ing Hayward bullshit I'm hearing.

edit: :lol: Nevermind he's a Hornet now.

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 04:51:31 PM »

edit: :lol: Nevermind he's a Hornet now.

MJ saving Dolan :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 05:11:04 PM »

edit: [emoji38] Nevermind he's a Hornet now.

MJ saving Dolan [emoji38]
[emoji38] What a world.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Today at 05:15:04 AM »

Bit of the Bonillas.

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #70 on: Today at 06:10:10 AM »
Trading cheap Robin Lopez and replacing him with that was a highlight of Phil and Mills’ time.