Author Topic: NBA 2020-21 - Ah God Here We Go  (Read 7357 times)

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Ah God Here We Go
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 10:35:59 PM »
I just want to see ...

Larry Nance at Point Guard
Kevin Love at Shooting Guard
Javale McGee at Small Forward
Jarrett Allen at Power Forward
Andre Drummond at Center
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 10:41:18 PM »
Oladipo is a nice fit in the current Houston team and keeps them interesting at least.

Also really like the Levert fit in Indiana too. Pacers are going to be even better, as I think he's better in that team than Oladipo was.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 11:18:07 PM »
I just want to see ...

Andre Drummond at Center

Nance and McGee are the only ones not injured right now. Our starting line-up yesterday was ludicrous - eight players out injured. And now Taurean Prince comes in to make nine. You just can’t make any evaluations.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 11:36:48 PM »
I just want to see ...

Andre Drummond at Center

Nance and McGee are the only ones not injured right now. Our starting line-up yesterday was ludicrous - eight players out injured. And now Taurean Prince comes in to make nine. You just can’t make any evaluations.

It's been so unfortunate man ...

Really liked the way you started the season. Sill haven't seen Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Love and Drummond out there as a starting 5 and all healthy.

Really think they could have been a sneaky underdog to make the playoffs in the East.

I guess the good thing is you have a lot of talented bigs that you could potentially flip now for someone decent, so should be interesting to see what you guys do.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #204 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 12:05:41 AM »
Recipe for disaster :lol: what bunch of fruitcakes.

Traded their future away as well.

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 04:11:59 AM »
For the 2nd time :lol: who let Billy King back in.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #206 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 09:00:16 AM »
?s=19

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #207 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 01:37:10 AM »
What a debut for Harden. Wew.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #208 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:41:07 AM »
What a debut for Harden. Wew.

If Harden is willing to make the same adjustments as Durant did in GSW, they will be lethal together.  KD is just as deadly off the ball and works well when he shares the ball handling load.

Irving will be the issue long term, they'll play nice this year for a run at the finals but surely Kyrie is shipped out by the 2021/22 trade deadline.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #209 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 11:20:33 AM »
Some diet in fairness.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #210 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 12:09:27 PM »
Just recently got into the NBA so last night was my first time fully watching Durant. Just unbelievable, didn't seem to matter how well he was defended, he just scored anyway.

Should they trade Kyrie for some better depth players?
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #211 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 12:56:22 PM »
Durant is the most enjoyable player to watch IMO, makes scoring look effortless. Kyrie would likely hurt his own trade value by refusing to play for about 28 of the teams. They’re going to run with the team as is and Nash will likely jump off the Brooklyn Bridge before its all over.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #212 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 02:40:38 PM »
Imagine if the Nets had fans, like.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #213 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 04:32:54 PM »
Imagine if the Nets had fans, like.

:lol: $5 tickets 2 years ago.

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #214 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 05:27:08 PM »
I remember those $10 ticket days, going to see them get their arses whooped. Got to see Giannis one game and AD another so couldn’t complain too much.
LGM

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #215 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 06:41:27 PM »
Just recently got into the NBA so last night was my first time fully watching Durant. Just unbelievable, didn't seem to matter how well he was defended, he just scored anyway.

Should they trade Kyrie for some better depth players?

Nice. Lots of fun young talent coming through at the minute. Great time to get into the league :thup:

KD is the ultimate cheat code. I hate that his rep took such a hit because he chose to join the Warriors a few years ago, because I don't think he gets the respect he deserves on the whole. He is the most skilful player in the NBA IMO, and at 7 foot tall it really is unfair.

Kyrie has made his reputation so toxic now that despite his talent, no one would trade for him. Guy has gone off the deep end. In hindsight I think Brooklyn just used him to get KD and now they've added Harden they will let him go as soon as they can figure out how, over the next few seasons.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #216 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 07:14:20 PM »
@Mike Quickley is nice.

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #217 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 07:42:55 PM »
This is the worst I've ever seen us play. So bad :lol:

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #218 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 07:49:18 PM »
Missing your best player and Kemba looks rusty as f***.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #219 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 08:00:28 PM »
Marcus Smart is such a terrible offensive player :lol:

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #220 on: Sunday 17 January 2021, 10:30:18 PM »
As bad as we were, which was very bad, Quickley looked decent for yous

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 10:02:23 AM »
Zion Williamson is an unstoppable force of nature ... just move out of that man's way.

Shame the team is not playing well though. Starting to feel like the coach is not a good fit. Need to see them playing at a faster tempo with those young guys getting up and down the court.

Lonzo in particular just looks lost at the moment. Think he'll leave in free agency in the summer.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #222 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 03:05:33 AM »
That was an unexpected win :lol:. Nice to see the kids develop.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #223 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 10:38:29 AM »
That was an unexpected win :lol:. Nice to see the kids develop.

Still have Garland and Love out too. Going to be so interesting to see you with everyone back. Love Colin Sexton, has so much gusto, just a great winning mentality.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #224 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"