Author Topic: NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency  (Read 1034 times)

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
NBA 2020-21 - Free Agency
« on: Thursday 29 October 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
Best to escape the stench of a Lakers title thread. Very interested to see what Morey does in Philly.
« Last Edit: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:24:27 AM by CFlan »

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
Re: NBA 2020-21 - Draft 18th November
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:04:41 AM »
Season staring on Dec 22nd.

Also this had the potential to have the most punchable backcourt since Mark Jackson/Reggie Miller.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:05:29 AM »
Ah god here we go.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:09:58 AM »
Ah god here we go.

Hey, at least he’s not coming to us, I was worried with the Leon Rose connection

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:19:21 AM »
:lol: Are we s****, like? I no longer know anything.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:22:17 AM »
:lol: Are we s****, like? I no longer know anything.

Very much so.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:23:44 AM »
:lol: There any reason in particular to be s****, someone big in college/overseas or are we doing that thing where we're s**** a few years before it'd be beneficial to be awful, and then make the 8 seed when a God is in the amateurs?

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:47:20 AM »
Draft this year is pretty trash so you picked a good year to avoid using your lottery luck.

Might want to freeze the envelopes for next year though.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 02:55:10 AM »
Who's coming out next year? There a Lebron in the pipeline?

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 03:00:17 AM »
Aye, no one can seem to agree on who the best players are in the draft this year so we’re in a good spot at 8. Next year is stacked by all accounts. Luckily we’ll be no where near the 8th seed either :lol:

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 03:05:31 AM »
Who's coming out next year? There a Lebron in the pipeline?

The draft nerds are getting wet over Cade Cunningham and Jalen Green.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 03:08:03 AM »
Aye, no one can seem to agree on who the best players are in the draft this year so we’re in a good spot at 8. Next year is stacked by all accounts. Luckily we’ll be no where near the 8th seed either :lol:

Think Wiseman was being hyped up as the guy this draft, but he got ruled ineligible for the year after like 4 games so he's a big question mark.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 03:53:35 AM »

Think Wiseman was being hyped up as the guy this draft, but he got ruled ineligible for the year after like 4 games so he's a big question mark.

Yeah I remember watching his first game as he was being billed as the number #1. The two draft express guys on Zach Lowe’s pod were saying that Lamelo was the best player which is wildly different from a few others I listened too.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 November 2020, 04:11:19 AM »

Yeah I remember watching his first game as he was being billed as the number #1. The two draft express guys on Zach Lowe’s pod were saying that Lamelo was the best player which is wildly different from a few others I listened too.

Wiseman did look like a made for 2020 Dwight Howard in the little bits we saw of him, but it's always hard to gauge when you've got a stud prospect lined up against a bunch of accounting majors from Whodafuckareyou State in November.

I watched LaMelo a couple of times in person for a laugh during the NBL season - was really not convinced.  The entire gameplan was built around him touching the ball as much as he wanted and he was inefficient as hell putting up his stats.  Illawarra also finished dead last, a position they occupied even before he quit halfway through the season.

Offline Mole

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 06:25:04 PM »
Chris Paul to Phoenix

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 November 2020, 08:09:46 PM »
Oubre going the other way
LGM

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 03:51:40 AM »
Great trade. Phoenix are going to be a problem.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 09:19:07 AM »
Presti getting out from under the Russ and Paul contracts in the space of a season is some impressive GM’ing and that’s before you look at the picks he got.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 09:55:21 AM »
Yeah, they have an incredible haul of picks. It was a great trade for both parties.

OKC can now build around SGA, and still have some players they can either keep or flip still as there would be interest in the likes of Rubio, Oubre and Adams. They can sign and trade Gallinari too I believe.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 10:06:36 AM »
Bucks gave up a lot for Jrue but they haven’t much choice with Giannis a FA next year. Bogdanovic is a nice player, I watched a lot of the Kings and he always stood out.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 11:06:03 AM »
Rookie question - is there a really straightforward guide to how trades and salary caps work in the NBA?

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 11:23:12 AM »
Haven’t a clue myself  :lol:

Basically you need the salary going out in the trade to match the salary coming in. The cap stops you signing free agents that would push your salary above it but doesn’t really affect your trades. Loads of teams are over the salary cap and they just pay a luxury tax as a consequence.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
Getting Holiday and Bogdanovic is fantastic for Giannis really. Chuffed for him. Big upgrades at the guard positions.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 11:53:27 AM »
This Harden to the Nets talk is so crazy to me.

No chance a Harden, Kyrie and Durant trio works, surely?!

Harden and Kyrie don't defend for starters and there's only one ball to go around for goodness sake.

Don't like the move.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 12:00:29 PM »
Blazers with a really nice pickup in Covington. Love that move for them. Sent Ariza and 2 first rounders over to Houston.

Jordan wants Westbrook at the Hornets. Think that would be a decent move. They're a young, scrappy team that had a decent season last year. Westbrook can be the main man there and have a decent young supporting cast. Think that's the best he can hope for going forward. He doesn't gel well with other top players IMO. A bit like Iverson back in the day, just surround him with complementary, hard nosed defensive minded players that can hit some shots.