Author Topic: The other games today 2020/21  (Read 40418 times)

Offline BlackandWhite

• General Member
Re: The other games today 2020/21
« Reply #1800 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:34:31 PM »
This is from Sky:

“Since the start of last season, Man Utd have taken (18) and scored (13) more Premier League penalties than any other side. 16 per cent of their goals have been from penalties in that time (13/79), the highest ratio of any side to have played in both seasons”.

Look, I was joking when I said refs support them, but I really do believe refs feel extra pressure when reffing the big clubs and that’s why they always seems to get thing in their favor.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1801 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:34:42 PM »
Outrageous . I swear every ref in the league  is a secret Man U fan. It’s got so ridiculous that you might as well let them start every game 1 up at this point.

:lol: :lol: Do you ever take a wee second and think how ridiculous this sounds? Come on man.
Mate, we are 2 months out from it being revealed and admitted that your club along with 5 others and the EFL chairman have been holding talks since Leicester won the league to take control of football.
A group of fans who are taking legal action against the Premier League have just revealed that elite clubs want to prevent other clubs from being taken over due to the threat of a challenge from them.
I think you can forgive us for being rather skeptical about how you are governed and how it manifests it during football matches.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #1802 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:38:42 PM »
If you've got quick, skillful players attacking the box from both sides then you're going to commit more tackles from defenders who will make more mistakes and make more fouls in the box. The fact we've got 1, maybe 2, players like that in the club means we're never going to get many. We'll get a few, as most teams do, when there's a tussle in the box and the ref comes down in favour of the attacking team but the vert fact we don't spend much time in the opposition's box means we're going to be light on pens over the course of the season. Teams that fly at the opposition and attack regularly will obviously get more. 

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
« Reply #1803 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:42:31 PM »
:lol: you're all hilarious. I mean, Bruno clearly got the ball so theirs was correctly ruled out by the trained and qualified Premier League referee.. Due to the stupid handball rule it was a stonewall pen at the other end. Johnstone was about 6 miles off the line so it was correctly pulled back.

No luck involved yet, apart from the fact we're s**** and lucky it's West Brom.

Iirc the stupid handball rule got changed (quite rightly) after we got one against Spurs didnt it??
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Offline ilikenewcastle

• General Member
« Reply #1804 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:43:39 PM »
I don't think you can look at some of the penalties Man U have been given the last couple of years, then compare those to the penalties against them overturned by VAR (Brighton and WBA) and think that's not a bit dodgy.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #1805 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:44:56 PM »
I don't think you can look at some of the penalties Man U have been given the last couple of years, then compare those to the penalties against them overturned by VAR (Brighton and WBA) and think that's not a bit dodgy.

We've had loads of dodgy decisions against us too. Just highlighted more when stuff goes in our favour.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1806 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:45:11 PM »
They got one of the worst pens given to them last year against Villa after a ridiculous Fernandes dive

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1807 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:45:36 PM »

We've had loads of dodgy decisions against us too. Just highlighted more when stuff goes in our favour.

Such as?

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1808 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:53:42 PM »

Such as?

https://therepublikofmancunia.com/why-do-referees-get-so-many-decisions-wrong-against-united/

There's 4 from last season straight away with links to the video and all if you want.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1809 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:54:10 PM »
Not denying we got some soft pens like, but we get plenty of big decisions against us too.

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1810 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:56:16 PM »
Up to 9th. Above City. Pep out.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1811 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:57:41 PM »
Good tough win for Man United.

West Brom were unlucky. Really did a good job of going at Man United some, just like we never do, because they're "the big boys".
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1812 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:00:52 PM »
@Froggy what's going on with Donny he doesn't even seem to be getting meaty sub appearances I can't work it out? Thought he'd be getting loads of game time.
Bearings Straight!

Online Ben

• General Member
« Reply #1813 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:01:33 PM »
I still think Man U have a great squad but for some reason they just can't click on the pitch

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1814 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:01:50 PM »
People who follow LaLiga, do Atletico have a serious chance of winning the league again this year?

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1815 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:06:23 PM »
People who follow LaLiga, do Atletico have a serious chance of winning the league again this year?

They’re a rich version of us. A better manager and they’d be higher up.
?s=21

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #1816 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:06:42 PM »

Yes - the league is awful this year - truly awful - signing Suarez might just tip things in their favour - in Europe they will do nothing

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #1817 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:07:01 PM »
@Froggy what's going on with Donny he doesn't even seem to be getting meaty sub appearances I can't work it out? Thought he'd be getting loads of game time.

Doesn't like he was an Ole signing. He has had plenty of opportunities to put him in and hasn't. Baffling to me like as he's an excellent player.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1818 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:07:32 PM »

Isn't Simeone considered to be one of the best managers in the world? :lol:

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #1819 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:10:20 PM »

wut :lol:

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1820 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:11:33 PM »

Doesn't like he was an Ole signing. He has had plenty of opportunities to put him in and hasn't. Baffling to me like as he's an excellent player.

Yeah I can't work it out, seems mental not to be integrating him into the first 11.
Bearings Straight!

Online Ben

• General Member
« Reply #1821 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:12:00 PM »
Looks like Silva has made a huge impact at Real Sociedad

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1822 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 10:23:57 PM »
Sorry I was meant to quote the post above. :lol:
?s=21

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1823 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 03:10:02 AM »
what the f*** were WBA doing anyway?
attacking against one of the f***ing big boys????
they didnt deserve a penalty. know your place, does like we do.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1824 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 06:36:45 AM »
How on earth was that West Brom pen overturned?!