Author Topic: Project Big Pictu- Oh, it's been rejected.  (Read 20902 times)

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
Re: Project Big Pictu- Oh, it's been rejected.
« Reply #375 on: Friday 5 February 2021, 02:12:47 AM »
It’s not at all, the groups are yes but no one cares about that unless something funny like Man Utd getting knocked out happens.

The standard of the last 8 is the best it’s ever been over the last few years even if for the old school fan it’s gash as it’s largely the same cloobs but even recently with Ajax and Spurs breaking the mold saw some of the best game in a long time.

Then yes, you say big cloobs have more clout than ever and a world audience that more and more support players and narrative rather than individual cloobs which is a takeaway and a huge neg but saying it’s poor is utter s****.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #376 on: Friday 5 February 2021, 03:30:45 AM »
The charm of the CL used to be for me that teams from lesser leagues also made it. It's why I much prefer the Europa League today, I want to watch weird teams play football and sometimes create upsets. I don't want to watch the same teams play eachother every year.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #377 on: Friday 5 February 2021, 06:08:54 AM »
Atalanta are a lesser team. Ajax these days too.

Offline Pons Alias

• General Member
« Reply #378 on: Friday 5 February 2021, 10:49:27 AM »

• FIFA
  • UEFA
  • PL
  • Closed Shop
  • Bent

That's the main points covered isn't it?

Offline Paully

• General Member

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday 10 February 2021, 01:13:06 PM »
The seeding system in group stages of competitions ensures the status quo remain.

Look at England’s national team. Every 2 years they play in group stages with minnows. They’ve never had to work to get into a competition in recent memory which could also be the likely reason they falter when it gets down to the knockout stages of competitions.

And all those ranking points they build up playing pap opposition keeps them in the top 10 which creates this endless cycle.

It’s the same for many champions league teams, although nowhere near as bad as the international scene.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday 17 February 2021, 03:20:25 PM »
?s=21

Online TRon

• General Member
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday 17 February 2021, 03:26:22 PM »
Every time this thread gets bumped I get a combination surge of rage mixed with fear. Not good for the blood pressure.

Offline deejeck

• General Member
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday 17 February 2021, 03:43:30 PM »
Just had a look to see where NUFC sit in the ten year coefficient ranking.  Not entirely sure what I was expecting as I don't confess to understand it, but seeing us sat below Hull, Swansea and Wigan is a bit of a kick in the nuts.

Offline BergenMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday 17 February 2021, 04:32:22 PM »
How was that voted through? Like what incentive is it for clubs outside the top 6 to vote for it?

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #385 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 12:26:32 AM »
"To get to play in the Champions League, you'll have had to have played in the Champions League before"

I mean... You might as well just put up a sign saying the shop is now closed :lol:
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #386 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 06:55:18 AM »
It's a load of s****. If we get bought over and become a top side they'll find an excuse to invite us into it. All about money for those c***s.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #387 on: Friday 19 February 2021, 12:25:39 PM »
"To get to play in the Champions League, you'll have had to have played in the Champions League before"

I mean... You might as well just put up a sign saying the shop is now closed :lol:

We have played in the Champions League at least three times, and have played over a hundred European Matches in all three European Club Competions . . .

(1) - "European Cup / Champions League".
(2) - "Europa League / European Fairs Cup / UEFA Cup"
(3) - "European Cup Winners Cup".

We have a very strong European Football Heritage, as former winners of one of them!

Yet, even all that may not count much.

Yes, we need this Takeover !!!!!!

Offline Pons Alias

• General Member
« Reply #389 on: Saturday 20 February 2021, 09:39:33 AM »
Football is bent from top to bottom - and we can do nothing about it.

This must be how Trump voters feel.