Author Topic: Official: Rodrigo Gary Vilca signs for Newcastle on 4 year deal  (Read 4402 times)

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
Official: Rodrigo Gary Vilca signs for Newcastle on 4 year deal
« on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:19:34 AM »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-transfer-breakthrough-confirmed-selling-19014197

This transfer vaguely excites me. Solano has coached him in the Peru youth teams so we should be well informed about what we are getting
« Last Edit: Monday 5 October 2020, 07:39:43 PM by Disco »
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
Re: Rodrigo Vilca
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:20:40 AM »
It'll be amazing if he's even half as good as Solano.

Good luck to the kid.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:21:21 AM »
He'll be s***.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:21:51 AM »

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:24:08 AM »

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:25:54 AM »
Meh, it's incredibly low risk if the fee is under 500k.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:26:36 AM »
I’ve looked up this guys stats on in relation to Solano up to the point they are both 21 as that’s the best yardstick albeit Peruvian football is meant to be more organised and competitive now.

His appearance profile is about a year behind where Solano was at this point, but he’s moving out of Peru one year earlier as Solano only went to Bocas as a 22 year old
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:27:12 AM »
I’ve looked up this guys stats on in relation to Solano up to the point they are both 21 as that’s the best yardstick albeit Peruvian football is meant to be more organised and competitive now.

His appearance profile is about a year behind where Solano was at this point, but he’s moving out of Peru one year earlier as Solano only went to Bocas as a 22 year old

What's an appearance profile?

Offline Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:35:48 AM »

What's an appearance profile?

I think it's just the knobs way of saying how many times he's featured in football matches.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 09:42:19 AM »
So he’s skipped the part where he plays for Boca Juniors and plays alongside Maradona to come as a fresh faced skinny kid to learn Bruceball. What could possibly go wrong?
?s=21

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 10:11:49 AM »
What does Kaka think though? That's how I measure success and failure of a player.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 10:21:18 AM »
What does Kaka think though? That's how I measure success and failure of a player.

"It'd be interesting to see how we implement him into our rigid 4-4-2 system, especially now that Joelinton is finally proving his doubters wrong after scoring 2 goals against Morecombe and getting a 7/10 from Lee Ryder against Tottenham. Personally, I would rather we signed Rodrigo Vilca's cousin who plays in the division below. Yes, the quality in that division may not be as good but having watched him a few times I think he has the physique to handle the physicality of the Premier League. His cousin scored 3 goals and got 2 assists (3 goals + 2 assists = 5 goals in total) in 16 games which statistically is 0.6x better than than what Vilca achieved in 21 games at Municipal.

However, I am far from writing Vilca off. I personally would loan him out to a team like Hoffenheim where Joelinton experienced a lot of success. If he's worth his salt & does the business in the German league I'd bring him back and be looking to offload Atsu.

The problem ultimately though is that there are too many haters on here and everyone has already written him off. I agree we can all have different opinions but no need to get nasty about it."

Offline Unbelievable!

• General Member
  • Adopted Geordie
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 10:39:56 AM »
:lol:

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:10:30 AM »
This club is a graveyard for developing talent. This kid is up against it.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:26:34 AM »
Would be nice if he was another N’Zogbia or Perez but I’m thinking more Bonvin & Dimas. Will play for the U23s, couple of loans where he rarely plays, then heads back to South America in 2 years.
?s=21

Offline BergenMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:57:35 AM »
Think he will at best become a Gouffran/Pancrate, but hopefully he will prove me wrong

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 11:59:13 AM »
If he gets to that level that’d be a helluva find for the price tbh.
?s=21

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 12:01:25 PM »
If he gets to that level that’d be a helluva find for the price tbh.

Yeap.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 12:10:54 PM »
This club is a graveyard for developing talent. This kid is up against it.

The end. Of the debate, and most likely, the poor kid’s development under Bruce.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 12:35:16 PM »
One of the very few and small positives about Bruce is that he's got an almost respectable record in sourcing obscure South/Central American players..Valencia, Rodagella, Palacios

However, i'm ignorant of how many he brought that never amounted to anything....guess there would have been a fair few. Never heard anything as bad as Milton Nunez on his part though. That was pure Sunderland...only topped by the guy they ended up having to pay for despite never owning or playing for them

Not that i'm clutching at straws or anything

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 12:43:45 PM »
Was Chucho Benitez one of Bruce’s?

Just checked, was Alex McLeish.
?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 06:17:06 PM »
No chance Bruce sources any of these players you mentioned.
N U F C

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 07:44:27 PM »
No chance Bruce sources any of these players you mentioned.
Was it not already said Nobby recommended him?

Either way best of luck to him. Hopefully he gets out on loan before we can coach the talent out of him.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 07:50:35 PM »

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 07:55:57 PM »

:lol: :lol:
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”