Author Topic: Do we play the worst football in the Premier League?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
  • In Bruce they trust
Re: Do we play the worst football in the Premier League?
« Reply #50 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 06:16:52 PM »
What I'd give for Rafa tucking those glasses into his jacket pocket after a job well done. That little head nod he does while he gets up, shakes his team's hands. No smile. Nothing. Shakes hands. Goes to his players, maybe a little wry smile to one or two of them. Claps to us fans. Gives a thumbs up. Wave. Then back down to the dressing room no doubt thinking of what he should say to his team to keep the focus up, what could be done to get a better or more comfortable result. That night he's probably already adding to his notes what he wants to work on the following day....

f***ing Bruce.

Not even that - just the fact Benitez would be on the touchline talking the players through the game.

This t*** just stands there looking gormless with his hands shoved right down in his pockets - presumably giving little Steve some attention on the sly, the creep.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is. We are where we are.
« Reply #51 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 06:31:45 PM »
yes.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 07:30:35 PM »
Worst probably, most negative definitely. We set up like a lower league side every game.

Was going to post this after thinking about this thread. We line up like a level 8 amateur pub side.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 11:21:12 PM »
Yep
People generalise too much.

Offline sparkzter

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 01:04:17 AM »
Yes

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 04:43:14 AM »
We play football?
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Thorpinho

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 07:39:18 AM »
Genuine question about the players, notwithstanding the obvious incompetence of Bruce. Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie and to an extent Carroll are clearly very influential in the dressing room. Do you think they 'like' digging in against a spurs etc to spoil, play negative and nick a point? The side seem so on board with utterly rancid football that i often wonder about how much they embrace it, or if they are just genuinely useless.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:14:44 AM »
The players you mention, perhaps bar Lascelles, would be grateful for getting a game in the PL in 2020, regardless of the football they play.

Not that any them would necessarily be capable of playing better football, mind.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:16:56 AM »
Genuine question about the players, notwithstanding the obvious incompetence of Bruce. Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie and to an extent Carroll are clearly very influential in the dressing room. Do you think they 'like' digging in against a spurs etc to spoil, play negative and nick a point? The side seem so on board with utterly rancid football that i often wonder about how much they embrace it, or if they are just genuinely useless.

Kind of what I was getting at before. They must be complicit in the 'tactics' as I can't believe they spend hours training most days and still can't pass a ball to each other or move into space come match day

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:53:30 AM »
Yes and we have the worst manager in the league by a mile.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:54:39 AM »

Agreed pal.

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

Agreed pal.
Cheers Judge.  Made my day.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
I literally don't know a single Newcastle fan (in real life not the internet) who enjoys watching Newcastle play.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 11:23:05 AM »
It’s like a different sport to most teams. It’s incredible we managed as many points as we did, doesn’t make any logical sense.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 11:57:57 AM »
Football is a very simple complicated game.

Tactics are vital, but if you can't get the basics right then you look like a plum compared to anyone else...

Consider a chess analogy...I know how all the pieces are supposed to move, but if i don't use them right i'll lose before starting.

Then consider Bruceball...it doesn't appear that the players even know the basic moves. It looks like they're trying to play Draughts against Kasparov most of the time

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 12:00:44 PM »
1000000000000000000000000%!

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 12:12:38 PM »
When you line up with defenders who can't pass and a two man midfield with no legs against an opposition who will press in numbers, it's not that surprising we look clueless and overrun in every game. Bruce is like Pardew, hasn't got a clue about coaching beyond defending the ball and hoofing to a big man and this is why we play the way we do.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 12:42:40 PM »
It's incredibly frustrating and actually quite upsetting watching us. I know that ties to a club are deep but it's hard to justify even watching us these days. I just can't see an end to it either.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 01:49:07 PM »
Its difficult to think of another team that plays in such a disjointed manner.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 02:58:03 PM »
Burnley and Fulham would be worse for me.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 30 September 2020, 03:16:27 PM »
Burnley and Fulham would be worse for me.

Only seen Fulham briefly this season but from what I have seen they actually try and play football? They’re just s***.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 07:12:22 AM »
Even Burnley have a philosophy, it’s just an ugly one. We’re nothing. We’re not defensive, we’re not attacking, we’re not nasty, we’re not counter-attacking, we’re not gegenpressing. We have nothing about us, just eleven players thrown in a formation whether it’s 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and we’re no better or worse using any of them.
?s=21

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
We don’t even qualify for this as we don’t actually play any football, at all, at any time, ever, never.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
Even Burnley have a philosophy, it’s just an ugly one. We’re nothing. We’re not defensive, we’re not attacking, we’re not nasty, we’re not counter-attacking, we’re not gegenpressing. We have nothing about us, just eleven players thrown in a formation whether it’s 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and we’re no better or worse using any of them.

Exactly this.

Bruce's tactics in a nutshell

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 1 October 2020, 06:44:20 PM »
I have no idea if we play the worst football in the league because NUFC has eroded my enjoyment of the sport to such an extent that I'm not 100% certain I could even name all the teams in the league, never mind evaluate whether they play Bruceyball or not.