Author Topic: Callum Wilson  (Read 23995 times)

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Callum Wilson
« Reply #500 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:25:41 AM »
Wilson is clever, but it's a pen for sure.

We've had the odd one of those go again us tbf in previous seasons.

Wilson cheated. It’s a modern day penalty for sure.

We’ve had other players cheat us over previous seasons which justifies this act of cheating.

Fixed it for you :lol:

How did he cheat?  He got in front of his man and was kicked on the leg.

Did you see Saha penalty, the guy brushed his sock and Saha screamed and threw himself down.   Difference between the two is massive.

No cheating from Wilson, just knows the rules......you can't be kicked from behind!

We've had an awful long time of ex-pros, in the studio, applauding the less sportsmanlike behaviours in the game. It's changed attitudes.

The result is more contentious issues upon which games can be decided. You'll see very little consistency on these issues.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #501 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Wilson is clever, but it's a pen for sure.

We've had the odd one of those go again us tbf in previous seasons.

Wilson cheated. It’s a modern day penalty for sure.

We’ve had other players cheat us over previous seasons which justifies this act of cheating.

Fixed it for you :lol:

How did he cheat?  He got in front of his man and was kicked on the leg.

Did you see Saha penalty, the guy brushed his sock and Saha screamed and threw himself down.   Difference between the two is massive.

No cheating from Wilson, just knows the rules......you can't be kicked from behind!

We've had an awful long time of ex-pros, in the studio, applauding the less sportsmanlike behaviours in the game. It's changed attitudes.

The result is more contentious issues upon which games can be decided. You'll see very little consistency on these issues.

You could see the reaction on Wilsons face as he was getting up ‘well that worked, don’t think it would but oh well’
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #502 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:43:54 AM »
My favourite striker since Ba

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #503 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 12:23:39 PM »
And agree with the Defoe comparison around the 6-yard box. Haven’t seen the ‘one touch out of his feet then early shot’ that Defoe was class at from around the edge of the box yet, but he’s quality.

Don't really get the Defoe comparisons, I mean Wilson does get in the 6 yard box for the tap ins, but all good strikers should be doing that. I'm actually more happy about his hold up play and clever touches for team mates, means you can play him up top by himself, which I'm not sure was the case with Defoe.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #504 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 01:15:37 PM »
I thought Defoe’s all round game was canny. He wasn’t strong but if the ball was into feet back to goal, he was more than decent at laying off to a team mate.
?s=21

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #505 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 02:20:11 PM »
I thought Defoe’s all round game was canny. He wasn’t strong but if the ball was into feet back to goal, he was more than decent at laying off to a team mate.

Fair enough, Defoe was probably a better goal scorer, fantastic finisher that's for sure, but Wilson offers a bit more physical strength so just a bit more in the sense of a genuine target man I'd say.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #506 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
He's really really good tbh to him, his movement is great
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #507 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
I think Defoe in his prime was better than Wilson I'm almost every department. The problem for Defoe was that he made some horrific career choices and none of the top sides gave him the chance. He would have scored hat fulls for most league winning premier league sides but he was always seen as too small, at the time.

Wilson needs to have a couple of good seasons scoring regularly to be really talked about as a really good PL striker.

His attitude is class. Looks proper hungry.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #508 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
I think Defoe in his prime was better than Wilson I'm almost every department. The problem for Defoe was that he made some horrific career choices and none of the top sides gave him the chance. He would have scored hat fulls for most league winning premier league sides but he was always seen as too small, at the time.

Wilson needs to have a couple of good seasons scoring regularly to be really talked about as a really good PL striker.

His attitude is class. Looks proper hungry.

Yeah. The thing with Defoe is how clubs utilise him. Smaller clubs buy him for his prolific scoring, and if he's not in the box, somebody else is. Whenever I saw him for England he looked far more like a complete forward.

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #509 on: Friday 6 November 2020, 10:57:20 PM »
Chron are reporting that he's going to have a scan on a potential hamstring injury.
The truth points to itself

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #510 on: Friday 6 November 2020, 11:03:00 PM »
Guess you’re out of luck, Brewcie

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #511 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 08:08:08 AM »
You could see him feel his hamstring chasing a woeful over hit pass; he didn’t actually chase it that hard.

Online GWN

• General Member
« Reply #512 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 08:24:38 AM »
And here ends my interest till after xmas, he’s the only reason worth watching.

Back to normal now
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #513 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 12:51:46 PM »
just as rafa's team had started to sort out the soft tissue injuries problem at the club.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."