Author Topic: Jamal Lewis  (Read 26315 times)

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
Re: Jamal Lewis
« Reply #400 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 07:29:25 PM »
Had some good moments and bad ones there are signs of a decent player imo. Time will tell.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #401 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 07:33:46 PM »
No surprise he has looked better as the whole team has looked better. He's never going to be a game changer but with the right system and manager I think he'd come good.

Like everyone else in the squad, I'm not going to slate them while working under a terrible manager like Bruce who I'd imagine offers someone like Lewis absolutely nothing.

Online St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #402 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 07:39:25 PM »
He lost a couple of even battles and some of you are going on like he’s a pushover. He made some decent tackles and won a lot of headers today. He also seems to support ASM well going forward. He’s got talent and it’s a bit RTG how many people seem to want to slag him off.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #403 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 07:43:10 PM »
He lost a couple of even battles and some of you are going on like he’s a pushover. He made some decent tackles and won a lot of headers today. He also seems to support ASM well going forward. He’s got talent and it’s a bit RTG how many people seem to want to slag him off.

They've decided he is s**** and every little thing will be over exaggerated from now on without fail.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #404 on: Saturday 6 February 2021, 07:52:37 PM »
He's been thrown in deep end this season but think he has ingredients to become something better. Certainly more likely than Murphy has here, but he could also end up going that way under Bruce.

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #405 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:47:30 PM »
Kid is way out of his depth, along with Krafth. We're so exposed down the sides and through the middle with Shelvey.

The amount of times he does stupid unnecessary fouls down the sides that lead to goals is getting ridiculous.
I wouldn't mind him if he could just do the basics well but he actively hurts us whenever he gets on the ball.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #406 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:53:45 PM »
As much good as an avocado on Bruce’s full English

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #407 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:56:51 PM »
He's utterly s***. Can't think of a worse first team left back we've had. Maybe Babayaro 16 years ago. Either way this lad is f***ing w***.

Online St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #408 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:57:15 PM »
Thought he did ok? The deflection caught him for the goal so I’m not sure why people were blaming him.

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #409 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
Excellent first half, f***ing awful 2nd half.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #410 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:59:45 PM »
He’s just such a fanny. Can’t compare him to Shaw in quality, but look at Luke Shaw - short little guy, but so strong in any 50/50 or touch challenges. Aggressive and proactive in every he does.

Jamal just a dweeb

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #411 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:00:03 PM »
Dummett should be starting now, while he offers nothing going forward, atleast he's solid defensively. Lewis barely nothing going forward and is s**** at the back.

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #412 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:03:39 PM »
Thought he did ok? The deflection caught him for the goal so I’m not sure why people were blaming him.

Nothing on the ball apart from panic turn around and pass back or lose it.

Switched off for the 2nd goal I thought.

Stupid unneeded foul which invited more pressure when they have strength in the air which then lead to the penalty.

He's up against Traore next game 😂

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #413 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:03:46 PM »
He's crap!

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #414 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:06:48 PM »
He looks crap. If he needs developing and coaching. He really shouldn’t have come here.

Looks scared on the ball and is forever cutting back or going down blind alleys with his one footed’ness. Can kind of forgive the s*** defending. As he gets no help and he’s playing in an awful team. But he doesn’t even look capable of playing a pass or cross.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #415 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:07:46 PM »
ASM didn’t help him for the goal like
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline GideonShandy

• General Member
« Reply #416 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:13:20 PM »
So sick of seeing him waiting to take a throw-in with a petrified look on his face, taking an age to throw the ball, and then eventually throwing it to a tightly-marked teammate who promptly loses it.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #417 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:15:09 PM »
I’ll stick up for him on the throw ins, mind. Clearly don’t work on them in training. Totally static, or a few token gesture bits of movement where our player really isn’t showing for the ball and just hiding. It’s embarrassing and is yet another thing that is awful about Bruce’s coaching.

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
« Reply #418 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:16:12 PM »
We currently have the 2 worst full backs in the league by a mile.
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline robbo_11

• General Member
« Reply #419 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:18:40 PM »
Posted during West Ham game that it was comforting to have an actual left back in the side. However you can see he has regressed being involved with us which is probably due to coaching and a lack of confidence. He rarely attempts to beat his man moving forward and often cuts back inside or a pass back. Throw ins he gets no support or movement from other players so often looks like he is wasting it. Bruce should just stick Dummett in to hoof the ball upfield...it's the best we can hope for.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #420 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:18:44 PM »
Was reading Norwich forum a month or so ago, they were sad that we all thought he was a bag of p*ss and giving him stick constantly on Twitter, but still rated their Spanish lad they’ve got now better than him.

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #421 on: Yesterday at 09:37:33 PM »
As bad as Krafth.

Lewis is an awful player, yet another goal conceded because he cannot defend.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #422 on: Yesterday at 09:59:05 PM »
Terrible

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #423 on: Yesterday at 10:01:56 PM »
He's been really bad and confidence will be awful. Take him out the firing line and put Dummett in. Then again, we have nee one to play RB, Hayden can't play there which was as much to blame as Dubravka's cock up for their goal.
"Ferdinand, Clark...Rob Lee...Newcastle have won it! Alan Shearer's got a hattrick! They were 3-1 down, Kenny Dalglish and his players can celebrate an extraordinary victory! You could say it's typical Newcastle United!" - Newcastle United 4-3 Leicester City, February 1997

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Smal

• General Member
  • Leeds/York
« Reply #424 on: Yesterday at 10:02:31 PM »
Probably time to give Dummett a game to be honest. As s*** as he is.