Author Topic: Jamal Lewis  (Read 14264 times)

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
Re: Jamal Lewis
« Reply #175 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 01:13:19 PM »
Suprised Brucey hasn't hung him out to dry yet.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Awaymag

« Reply #176 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 02:51:00 PM »
Think he’s been bad in both games. Probably not his fault, I do wonder what we tell players like him when they agree to sign.

The bacon sarnies are to die for and we even have a Gregg's drive through now!

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #177 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 03:02:57 PM »
I thought he was decent last week and hung out to dry yesterday. Did himself no favours but a few times he followed Trossard’s run (natural for the full-back in a four to do that) but Lamptey was tear arsing on the overlap with no one following him. If he left Trossard each time he’s free on goal in an even more dangerous position. Was on a hiding to nothing.
?s=21

Online Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #178 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
2nd game under Bruce and he's already all over the shop.

Gotta hand it to Bruce like, he's f***ing s*** at management on a monumental scale.

Offline pinkeye

• General Member
« Reply #179 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
I doubt we will see him for a while anyway now after the injury.  Looked really nasty and I heard he has an abrasion to the eyeball.  That will be a painful one and quite slow to heal.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #180 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 03:36:40 PM »
Manquillo left-back, Krafth right-back it is then. Unless he completely bottles his own ‘philosophy’ again which would be a good thing and goes back to 3-4-3 with Ritchie as left wing-back and bring Clark into the three until Schar’s back.
?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #181 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:09:15 PM »
just play Ritchie as a Left full back unless that Brazilian chap still has his bags packed....

OR

Just sign Jetro.
N U F C

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #182 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:16:33 PM »
I think 3-4-3 is the way forward anyway tbh. Full squad I’d go with

Dubravka

Fernandez
Lascelles
Schar

Manquillo
Lewis

Take your
Pick

Rotate Fraser, Almiron & ASM

Wilson

The fact we’ve got shot of Lejeune though suggests there’s no intention of that being the main system. Particularly the way it should be played at least.
?s=21

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #183 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
We've seen Bruce's version of the 3-4-3 though.

Huge gaps between defence, midfield and the forwards.

The front three not playing close together, but instead way too wide.

Wilson will end up isolated and weary just like Joelinton did.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #184 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:27:28 PM »
His version last season was horrendous. He didn’t play the ball playing centre-backs so the wing-backs and central midfielders were having to drop deep to collect the ball. That meant ASM & Almiron had to drop deeper for them to then pick up possession from those...which meant Joelinton was often isolated with no-one within about 30-40 yards of him.
?s=21

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #185 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:38:03 PM »
It's going to be a painful season.

Bruce thinks tactics are farcical and so no matter how he sets us up it's not going to work too well, because there are no instructions or directions attached.

The best way for us to line-up absence of any tactics under Bruce, is to just have ASM, Almiron and Fraser behind Wilson, as it gives Wilson a trio of quick, tricky players in and around him.

That should allow us some results just by virtue of those 4 players being on the pitch together when going forward.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline matta

• General Member
  • Walk hard
« Reply #186 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 04:57:56 PM »
Any news on  his face/eye ? Is he okey?

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #187 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 05:04:36 PM »
Any news on  his face/eye ? Is he okey?

It only hurts when he sees things.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #188 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 06:54:26 PM »
He is slightly suspect,but he's young he can improve. He won't hear. I predict this season will rock his confidence
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #189 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 08:11:20 PM »
He is slightly suspect,but he's young he can improve. He won't hear. I predict this season will rock his confidence

He was kicked in the eye, not the ear.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday 22 September 2020, 10:10:09 AM »
The comments from Norwich fans does look about right.  He looks weak as f*** and gets shoved off the ball a lot.  Certainly does seem a bit suspect defensively.  I'm sure that'll improve with time and good coaching......... :lol: 

Looks pretty decent on the ball and will provide width going forward.  Whether we manage to see enough of the ball or keep it for more than 5 passes to utilise this, I'm not sure. 

Bit hard to have a go at him for how awful he was positionally against Brighton.  As the whole team were all over the place.  Surely we didn't just have 14 players that all had an off day?  Of course the narrative will be they don't try or want to play for the shirt.  Not that the manager is not putting them in a system that gives them a chance to succeed on the day.

Offline nbthree3

« Reply #191 on: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 04:39:52 PM »
?s=20

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 06:02:30 PM »
More Dummett. Urgh.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 06:15:48 PM »
Won't really make a meaningful difference with the way Lewis has played so far.

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
Won't really make a meaningful difference with the way Lewis has played so far.
Course it does, just the fact Lewis being able to get up there and support ASM means opposition can't double up on him as easily.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
Yep, the left winger is going to be so easy to play against.
?s=21

Offline Cheshire Mag

• General Member
  • Donkey s**** to you too pal
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday 14 October 2020, 01:57:00 PM »
Looks like Manqullio on the left and Krafth at right back.

Oh joy.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday 14 October 2020, 02:36:17 PM »
"He’s gone to have a scan on his ongoing Achilles niggle, but it’s nothing to worry about. It’s improving.

"He mightn’t be able to play the two games so quickly, so it’s something I felt Newcastle had in mind for the player anyway."

Not 100% out of the Man Utd match like.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday 14 October 2020, 03:00:26 PM »
He's still got a lot of rough edges, but would like to think he'll get better with more experience in the Premier. Not the finished article by any means, but it's not like we have much better options.