Author Topic: Jamal Lewis  (Read 13348 times)

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
Re: Official: Jamal Lewis signs on a 5 year deal
« Reply #150 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:19:50 PM »
Thought he was quite shaky tonight, but no judgement on his debut.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #151 on: Saturday 12 September 2020, 10:20:42 PM »
Just confirmed my earlier hunch about him, think he's going to be worth a lot of money in a couple of years time. His pace is unreal, and I think he's actually a very good defender.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #152 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 12:04:33 AM »
Maximin will love playing alongside him. Going to create space for him to cut inside and have a shot more but we saw first-half in particular that defenders doubling up on him will also create space for the overlap. Could be a good combination, tonight was the first time I’ve thought ASM on the left fully could work.
?s=21

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #153 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 01:31:16 AM »
Maximin will love playing alongside him. Going to create space for him to cut inside and have a shot more but we saw first-half in particular that defenders doubling up on him will also create space for the overlap. Could be a good combination, tonight was the first time I’ve thought ASM on the left fully could work.

:thup:

Was pretty exciting to watch them link up and show they have a sound understanding already. They’re going to cause a lot of right backs headaches this year.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #154 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 01:41:57 AM »
Given that this is really only the start of his 3rd season at top level football I thought he showed a lot of potential. Delighted to have him.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #155 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 10:43:53 AM »
I didn’t really notice him doing anything, but maybe not paying attention.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #156 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 10:47:00 AM »
Put the crosses in for Wilson’s first two chances.
?s=21

Offline robbo_11

• General Member
« Reply #157 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 11:25:26 AM »
It was a nice feeling after a number of years to have an actual left back in the team. On a couple of occasions he was caught out position, but thought it was a promising debut given he only trained with the team for a week.

Offline Unlucky Luque

• General Member
« Reply #158 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 11:32:05 AM »
Good technique and physicals, but most importantly he seems confident in what he's trying to do.
So used to having headless chickens at LB, absolutely shitting themselves. If he continues doing his thing, he'll be a really solid player.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #159 on: Sunday 13 September 2020, 12:35:43 PM »
Honestly should try and loan Willems again and let them both compete for the job.
N U F C

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
Re: Jamal Lewis
« Reply #160 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:31:28 PM »

Just picture the game with Dummett there and you'll most likely get a better view overall.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline Yelevats

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 01:24:15 AM »
Mental how England let him slip through their hands.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 01:38:33 AM »
Sigh. I know. But it was Wales gain while it lasted.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:18:23 AM »
Sigh. I know. But it was Wales gain while it lasted.

I see what u did there  :lol:
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Online Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:20:13 AM »
Can the pug faced w***** actually address Jamal by his name? He's constantly talking about ' the young left back', f***ing disrespectful.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #165 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 04:54:03 PM »
Wasn't great but not helped out by ASM at all which cost us 2 goals. Either the squad and staff didn't do their homework or ASM couldn't be arsed. Not that I'm I 'tRaCk BaCk MaN' patriot against players like ASM, HBA etc, but Lewis needed help there. Hope he's okay from that injury, f***ing nasty.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #166 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:53:04 PM »
He has Davide Santon syndrome aswell mind. He was practically holding hands with Fernandez at some points he was sucked in so much.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #167 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
He needs Rafa. I.e a soild set of intructions that he will follow. This wont work for him
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #168 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:58:50 PM »
He has Davide Santon syndrome aswell mind. He was practically holding hands with Fernandez at some points he was sucked in so much.

Yeah, noticed that too.

It's because Brighton's front three were playing narrow, and so he was trying to help the centre backs at times, but then it was opening things up for Lamptey who wasn't being picked up. It was a mess.

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #169 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
I like him in general though, very mobile and has the tools to be a very good player. NEEDS coaching though.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #170 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 10:59:19 PM »
won't be the last to have problems with Lampty.
but imagine if Rafa had been there. he would have been guiding him and talking him through the game.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #171 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 02:05:13 AM »
Rafa wouldn't have even had to do all that.

The threat from Lamptey would have been identified and focused on during training in the lead up to the game.

It would have looked nothing like what we witnessed.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is. We are where we are.
« Reply #172 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 05:01:55 AM »

Just picture the game with Dummett there and you'll most likely get a better view overall.

Dummett is a decent defender and not too slow.  A fit Dummett isn't as bad as Lewis was yesterday.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #173 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
He looked very timid after being down 2-0. Hesitated often, took wrong angles etc. Bruce threw the kid out there and gave him no protection. Redic.
N U F C

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #174 on: Monday 21 September 2020, 12:40:48 PM »
Think he’s been bad in both games. Probably not his fault, I do wonder what we tell players like him when they agree to sign.