Author Topic: Jeff Hendrick  (Read 16680 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Jeff Hendrick
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
Having slept on this he's not Bentaleb so there's that.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 08:01:53 AM »
He's not that bad. We have to accept we are bottom feeders now :(

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 10:26:29 AM »
What happened to all the consciousness objectors to the Saudi takeover? None of them interested in their new player? Hey this is your club!

Rafalove
Triggs
sammptime

This is your guy, so give some support.
You've turned into a pathetic poster over this takeover.  Give over.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
Poached a regular utility premier league player from a team which finished 10 points above us last season on a free is ok business. Obviously need more, but decent start.
Yeah, this is just the beginning.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
Onwards and upwards

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:28:09 AM »
Poached a regular utility premier league player from a team which finished 10 points above us last season on a free is ok business. Obviously need more, but decent start.
Yeah, this is just the beginning.
He's our 'Robinho' signing.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Keggy_Keagal

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
As others have said squad player who can do a job, don't see him getting in above Shelvey and Hayden tho. Could well indicate the bye bye for Matty Longstaff mind.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
He looks mint from his strengths and weaknesses.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/86454/Show/Jeff-Hendrick
?s=21

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
What happened to all the consciousness objectors to the Saudi takeover? None of them interested in their new player? Hey this is your club!

Rafalove
Triggs
sammptime

You're a really, really, really strange guy.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:48:16 PM »

Rafalove
Triggs
sammptime

You've turned into a pathetic poster over this takeover.  Give over.

It was underrated how terrible he was beforehand also
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:49:30 PM »
Based on only short highlights of him, he looks decent on the ball with decent passing. Similar to Shelvey, and therefore this sounds like a masterstroke by Brucey.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:52:39 PM »
Based on only short highlights of him, he looks decent on the ball with decent passing. Similar to Shelvey, and therefore this sounds like a masterstroke by Brucey.

Was surprised watching his highlights. Looks like he's got more to him than a bog standard midfielder.

Appears he got fed up of being shunted out wide and wants to play centrally.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:55:49 PM »
Even though Ashley's NUFC are utter s***, and that Burnley are a 'good' club in terms that they are punching above their weight, I think he'll be happy that's he's coming here - especially on a 4 year deal!

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:58:16 PM »

Nah he wouldn't have near the range of Shelvey in his passing but is a lot more mobile
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 01:59:23 PM »

Nah he wouldn't have near the range of Shelvey in his passing but is a lot more mobile

Yeah, definitely looks good on the ball and can carry it well.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:02:51 PM »

Well.. I didn't say or imply that. You can still be a good passer without hitting long/hollywood balls.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:03:12 PM »

-Strengths
Blocking the ball

- Weaknesses
Crossing
Holding on to the ball
Passing
Tackling

-Jeff Hendrick's Style of Play
Plays the ball off the ground often

Mint :lol:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
He’s going to be no different to all the other bang average non entity midfielders we have had over the years. Can’t wait.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:19:52 PM »

-Strengths
Blocking the ball

- Weaknesses
Crossing
Holding on to the ball
Passing
Tackling

-Jeff Hendrick's Style of Play
Plays the ball off the ground often

Mint :lol:

Nearly all of that is due to the role he had at Burnley tbf

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:28:46 PM »
Yeah, Burnley's midfielders are there to watch the ball go over their heads and then try and get second balls.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:46:17 PM »
Yeah, Burnley's midfielders are there to watch the ball go over their heads and then try and get second balls.

Oh no, how will he ever adapt to our system.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 02:47:33 PM »

Oh no, how will he ever adapt to our system.

;D

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 03:56:13 PM »
These are the types of players I expected Bruce to get to put his stamp on things. Bang average and no great improvement on what we already have. If anything we need a dynamic midfielder, striker, right back and left back and sell some of the s***. I get there will have to be concessions made due to last few months etc (£100 million TV money still) but aim f***ing higher, rather give Longstaff extended run. If we just want to maintain our current position or fight relegation a little bit you don't need to bring him in just keep the mediocre s*** we already have.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 04:36:18 PM »
He'll still be here Colback-style in 4 years time cause when Bruce eventually gets jettisoned we'll not be able to get him off the books.

Still he'll be good for the champo.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 16 August 2020, 05:04:29 PM »
Tbh we have a fair bit of that now with Atsu, Saivet, Lazaar, Yedlin?, Murphy, Muto. We can add Krafth, Hendrick, Smalling etc to that as well is signed along with Gayle, Ritchie and Joelinton in next 2 years.

I got the signing players with potential as long as we also bought decent older players but we have saddled ourselves with some s*** younger players that haven't developed or now older average players we won't be able to shift