Author Topic: Employee rights and law advice  (Read 816 times)

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Re: Employee rights and law advice
« Reply #25 on: Friday 24 July 2020, 05:53:00 PM »
Why bother, they'll all be done away with soon under our Brexit freedoms.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 12:53:14 AM »
Employment rights should be part of the curriculum for school leavers.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 10:10:05 PM »
Slightly tangential but not worth a new thread, my working hours have been reduced by about 15% and am looking at going self employed during those lost hours.

There is high demand in HK to buy UK property right now and through existing contacts come to an agreement that I will be paid a cool grand for every house I recommend. Only really got into the swing of this 7 days ago and have already secured my first investor purchase subject to completion and my contacts reckon they can find 4 investors a month right now.

I think shortly I will need to register as a sole trader and do my tax returns, plus ensure that my self employment doesn’t interfere with my current job. Anything else I need to do?

Stage 2 of my business plan is to persuade the buyers to keep me on as a property manager at about 8-10% rent. Any idea what I need to think about when taking that side of things on?
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 03:14:19 PM »
Slightly tangential but not worth a new thread, my working hours have been reduced by about 15% and am looking at going self employed during those lost hours.

There is high demand in HK to buy UK property right now and through existing contacts come to an agreement that I will be paid a cool grand for every house I recommend. Only really got into the swing of this 7 days ago and have already secured my first investor purchase subject to completion and my contacts reckon they can find 4 investors a month right now.

I think shortly I will need to register as a sole trader and do my tax returns, plus ensure that my self employment doesn’t interfere with my current job. Anything else I need to do?

Stage 2 of my business plan is to persuade the buyers to keep me on as a property manager at about 8-10% rent. Any idea what I need to think about when taking that side of things on?

My wife was a property manager for years, I'll have a word when she's back in.
She managed blocks of apartments, so she would have to meet up with groups of leaseholders regularly to arrange works for them or answer complaints etc.

chopey

« Reply #29 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 06:19:01 AM »

It used to be for all apprentices, we used to do a full level 2 unit called ERR but it got dropped a few years ago.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 08:45:46 AM »

It used to be for all apprentices, we used to do a full level 2 unit called ERR but it got dropped a few years ago.

When did it start? I don't remember any such thing during my apprenticeship [80s], although I may have forgotten.