Poll

Can the Saudi's get the deal 'over the line'? (Reset 27/02/21)

Yes - and want it to.
No - but want it to.
Yes - and don't want them as NUFC Owners
No - and don't want the as NUFC Owners

Author Topic: Takeover Thread  (Read 1016870 times)

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
Re: Takeover Thread - Papers served claiming O&D test violated anti-competition laws
« Reply #13400 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 04:10:19 PM »
?s=21

Eh. He’s weird

This is like Biggie and Tupac.

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
Re: Takeover Thread - Papers served claiming O&D test violated anti-competition laws
« Reply #13401 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
Luke claims George knocked his phone out of his hands a few moments after that pic. Would have him knocked Luke's teeth out tbh.

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #13402 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:17:12 AM »
They're mates, man. Twitter isn't real life. :lol:

Offline Awaymag

• General Member
« Reply #13403 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
They're mates, man. Twitter isn't real life. :lol:

What.........my whole believe system is being challenged right there!    :crazy2:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #13404 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 11:20:46 AM »
Luke claims George knocked his phone out of his hands a few moments after that pic. Would have him knocked Luke's teeth out tbh.

Ooh. this is getting almost as exciting as when Liam and Robbie were going to have a fight.

Offline New Beginnings

• General Member
Re: Takeover Thread
« Reply #13405 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 10:13:46 PM »
May want to make some room in the fridge....

This feels like a lifetime ago!

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #13406 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 12:24:21 AM »
When is the deadline that the PL has to respond to the papers submitted last week?

Online Scotty66

• General Member
« Reply #13407 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 12:25:56 AM »
When is the deadline that the PL has to respond to the papers submitted last week?

4pm today.

Offline Greg

« Reply #13408 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 12:44:37 AM »
It's not really a deadline though.

Offline Thorpinho

• General Member
« Reply #13409 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm still confused as to whether mimms' info/fridge excitement was over the worfund anti competition letter, or some kind of progress between de marco and PL, or somewhere in between.

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #13410 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 07:24:51 AM »
I'm still confused as to whether mimms' info/fridge excitement was over the worfund anti competition letter, or some kind of progress between de marco and PL, or somewhere in between.

Yeah think that is important, is the fans letter just another route to apply pressure whilst negotiations are ongoing.

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #13411 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 08:39:37 AM »

Is Liam Kennedy lying? As he reckons it is.

I personally have no idea.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #13412 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 08:41:53 AM »

It's entirely plausible that Liam Kennedy has no idea too.
Cricket > Football > Football with no fans > No Football

« Reply #13413 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 08:45:27 AM »
Anyone who believed what Mimms' said was going to lead to a takeover anymore than 10-15% is a fool after the nonsense we've heard over the last 4/5 months :lol:

He might well turn out to be right but I don't understand why people are hanging on to everything he's saying.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #13414 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
May want to make room in your garden...

Offline Jackie Broon

• General Member
« Reply #13415 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:18:02 AM »

It's entirely plausible that Liam Kennedy has no idea too.

Well it is and it isn't, it's simply the deadline that the letter has given for a response before they start instigating court proceedings, which isn't something that is likely to happen quickly or might not at all.

So it's only a deadline in that the letter says 'respond by this date', there probably isn't any consequence for the PL if they don't respond.

Also, I can't be arsed to look it up but I think the procedral guidance recommends at least a month is given to respond.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:45:24 AM by Jackie Broon »

Online Scotty66

• General Member
« Reply #13416 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:23:45 AM »
Isn't this just to strengthen the case for Ashley if it goes to court?

It really doesn't look good for the PL that they have failed to respond and could be used by the lawyers of Ashley that the PL are incompetent and/or hiding something.

I think the legal action involving De Marco will start very soon.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #13417 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:33:57 AM »

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #13418 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:42:22 AM »
He might well turn out to be right but I don't understand why people are hanging on to everything he's saying.
Desperation.
I hold my hands up, I'm one of them. I'm desperate for Ashley to be gone.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #13419 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Desperation.
I hold my hands up, I'm one of them. I'm desperate for Ashley to be gone.

Can't blame you, all we have is a tiny bit of hope to cling onto. Whether you believe Mimms or not is a different matter, and he's probably honest too, even though he cant control the outcome. Just appreciate whatever he's feeding us with. Can always ignore instead.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #13420 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
Maybe I’m wrong but I think mimms or his source got a little carried away with the fridge patter. This ‘seems’ a long way off yet.

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #13421 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 10:07:01 AM »
?s=21

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #13422 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 10:13:30 AM »

Liam Kennedy is getting carried away - no doubt his source is ensuring that is the case. We've seen this before with Caulkin.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #13423 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 10:14:55 AM »

Liam Kennedy is getting carried away - no doubt his source is ensuring that is the case. We've seen this before with Caulkin.

Bore off Sean :lol:

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #13424 on: Tuesday 3 November 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
Sean, the oracle.