Poll

Can the Saudi's get the deal 'over the line'?

Yes - and want it to.
No - but want it to.
Yes - and don't want them as NUFC Owners
No - and don't want the as NUFC Owners

Author Topic: Takeover Thread  (Read 456808 times)

Mr Flibble, powellnufc, cannybagoftudor, Northerngimp, WarrenBartonCentrePartin, Hoogen, nufcjmc, El Hozzo, loki679, Dstar, Thorpinho, SweMag, ManDoon (+ 4 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Chris_R

• General Member
Re: Takeover Thread
« Reply #11725 on: Saturday 17 October 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
If it happens before Christmas I will open my out of date cans!

How out of date? I've got a can with a best before date of 2014, I promise I'll drink that if the takeover happens. :)

(I should add I got given it as a joke a couple of years back and it's in the back of the cupboard. Normally I am NOT this lax with alcohol)

I've still got a shearers testimonial broon ale, and a shearers bar opening broon ale, I'd probably go blind if I touched them.

I did have 2 of these beers and opened one a year or so ago. It did taste a little "metallic", but otherwise it was OK and did me no lasting harm. Properly-sealed cans or bottles should be fine. Wouldn't fancy working my way through a case of it though. :D

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #11726 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 07:57:11 AM »
The only thread on this forum that truly matters, until we’re under new ownership nothing else sadly matters.

We can all whinge about Bruce as much as we want, but until this takeover goes through the club is pointless in its current guise.

Offline New Beginnings

« Reply #11727 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 08:06:19 AM »
Ideal scenario
They take over in next few weeks
Bruce is chucked
New manager gets 6-8 weeks to work with players to see what he has
We significantly strengthen in January

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #11728 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
I can see why the consortium have set a deadline. Get in there before Bruce causes irreversible damage.

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #11729 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:33:58 AM »
Who would want to buy on the basis of last nights performance?
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #11730 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:35:48 AM »
If there's anyone out there, God, aliens, Paul Daniels, anyone, please make this happen.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #11731 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 09:47:47 AM »
If there's anyone out there, God, aliens, Paul Daniels, anyone, please make this happen.

Do mimms and ando7 count ?

Even if there’s not a positive update, just lie and give me one.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #11732 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 10:03:01 AM »
Do mimms and ando7 count ?
Even if there’s not a positive update, just lie and give me one.
Their updates are good to read but I have to tell myself that if they are genuine, we've heard similar before so they don't mean much.
They could also be wums. I feel that they aren't but they could be.
« Last Edit: Sunday 18 October 2020, 10:14:16 AM by Robster »
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #11733 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:07:11 PM »
Ando's got a good crystal ball for the lineups if he's a wum like.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #11734 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
Ando's got a good crystal ball for the lineups if he's a wum like.

As he's always ahead of the curve with the teams sheet, do we surmise he has someone feeding him that from inside the club ?

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #11735 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:27:25 PM »
I get that Ando has history in getting lineups right. Whether that means he has a line into the takeover is a different matter.

And what are Mimms’ credentials? Anyone remember?

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #11736 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
We don’t care if they are being truthful or just spouting s***. The sad state is, it’s the only respite we have got in this whole depressing club.

« Reply #11737 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:35:21 PM »
We don’t care if they are being truthful or just spouting s***. The sad state is, it’s the only respite we have got in this whole depressing club.
We shouldn't be encouraging people to spout even more s*** :lol:

If these guys genuinely believe their sources are legit then fair enough, but I'd rather people didn't make up rumours only for it to be bullshit as that increases the depression rather than alleviate it.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #11738 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:37:22 PM »
Did someone mention s***?

#soon
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Jackie Broon

• General Member
« Reply #11739 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:42:31 PM »
I get that Ando has history in getting lineups right. Whether that means he has a line into the takeover is a different matter.

And what are Mimms’ credentials? Anyone remember?

He said there was going to be an announcement one way or the other about a week before the club announced that the PL had rejected the takeover.

He also knew about Ryan Fraser's arrival before anyone else.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #11740 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:49:19 PM »
i'm at the point where just any takeover needs to happen. just need to get rid of Bruce. any half decent coach coming in would do better with this squad.
whoo cares if upsets shelvey and he has to work harder to get into the team.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline GWN

• General Member
« Reply #11741 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #11742 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
Interesting if this is the type of thing we might expect if the takeover happens

OVG JOINS FORCES WITH CO-OP TO DEVELOP THE UK’S BIGGEST AND MOST EXCITING NEW ARENA IN MANCHESTER
We’re delighted to announce a 15-year partnership with the Co-op on the development of one of the most sustainable and socially responsible arenas in Europe.
Our exciting proposals deliver a £350million private investment, thousands of jobs, and help continue the regeneration of the Eastlands area, with a projected boost to the local economy of £1.5bn over the next 20 years.
The partnership, which will see the arena named Co-op Live, will generate around £1m in donations to good causes, distributed via the Co-op Foundation. The arena will support Manchester’s net zero carbon agenda and help to tackle food poverty via a zero-food waste initiative.
Once open, Co-op will offer its members a host of exclusive benefits, including access to pre-sale tickets, discounts on food and beverage, and the chance to win free tickets and exclusive, money can’t buy, backstage VIP experiences.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #11743 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 01:38:35 PM »
i'm at the point where just any takeover needs to happen. just need to get rid of Bruce. any half decent coach coming in would do better with this squad.

I think most of us have been at this point, but regarding Ashley, for 10+ years. Just to get rid of Ashley. Bruce is irrelevant really.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #11744 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 02:10:18 PM »

I think most of us have been at this point, but regarding Ashley, for 10+ years. Just to get rid of Ashley. Bruce is irrelevant really.
Well, right now, Bruce is just making things worse. When we had Rafa, we lived on with Ashley but at least the team was worth of our supporters.

But with Bruce, this is just unpalatable to a point I don't care Ashley is still our owner. Bruce is arrogant, blames everyone else bar himself and is a bag of s*** excuses.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #11745 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 03:58:52 PM »

Well, right now, Bruce is just making things worse. When we had Rafa, we lived on with Ashley but at least the team was worth of our supporters.

But with Bruce, this is just unpalatable to a point I don't care Ashley is still our owner. Bruce is arrogant, blames everyone else bar himself and is a bag of s*** excuses.

yup.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #11746 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 04:02:20 PM »
Once we get rid of Ashley, Bruce will take care of himself.

Offline Strawberry

• General Member
« Reply #11747 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 04:30:05 PM »
Once we get rid of Ashley, Bruce will take care of himself.

Exactly this is why this takeover is so crucial.

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #11748 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 05:19:05 PM »
I don't care if someone is just making things up and stringing us a long (don't think they are for what it's worth)

But this potential takeover is the only hope left. As someone else said I'm not going to bother caring and getting flustered over how s*** Bruce is because it's all irrelevant unless this goes through.

If it does I just hope there's still time left in the season to salvage something and avoid relegation.

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #11749 on: Sunday 18 October 2020, 05:35:31 PM »
I don't care if someone is just making things up and stringing us a long (don't think they are for what it's worth)

But this potential takeover is the only hope left. As someone else said I'm not going to bother caring and getting flustered over how s*** Bruce is because it's all irrelevant unless this goes through.

If it does I just hope there's still time left in the season to salvage something and avoid relegation.

I dont even get angry at Bruce. He's a s*** manager, we knew that when he came here, always has been always will be. If we get shot of him the next manager will be of similar shitness.

Mike Ashley is the 1 who employs the likes of Bruce and Charnley. He is the one responsible for ALL of our problems. Until he goes we will remain an utterly pointless club which is why I f***ing pray, Nick Di Marco sorts this takeover out. Will he? I have no idea but I cling onto the hope as it's all we have left as Newcastle fans.