Author Topic: Official: Saudi-backed consortium withdraws bid to buy NUFC  (Read 108173 times)

thorcoxon, Skelly, Tsunami, Weznufc, CFlan, Waddles mullet, KDT, TRon, Sa1tY, nufcnick, NE27, TomCmo, hoooooooola, Chizzletooth, simplejack1982, Sean, maybe_next_year, Paulie Walnuts, BergenMagpie, Milburn, daveym, Llwydiarth, Wilson, SparkNUFC, morpeth mag, S Norman, Silent Observer, Meed_dog, rgk_lfc, Ameritoon, Millaz123, Bondedcrown, MartinNUFC, Amir_9, BigValley, Pokerprince2004, Bishops Finger, Ankles Bennett (+ 11 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: Official: Saudi-backed consortium withdraws bid to buy NUFC
« Reply #3550 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:14:28 PM »
?s=20

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #3551 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:22:52 PM »
I don't understand that tweet.

Online KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #3552 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:23:53 PM »
?s=20

Interesting. Roma fans have turned on him, but from the article below it sounds like he's got some sense and isn't completely clueless. Would be a decent compromise to this entire debacle.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-james-pallotta-billionaire-friend-17588465

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #3553 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
I don't understand that tweet.

No need to. It's as relevant to us as transfer links to Messi

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3554 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:24:30 PM »
The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.
Mauriss isn’t interested nor Has the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.
« Last Edit: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:40:46 PM by Stifleaay »

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #3555 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:26:22 PM »
The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.
Mauriss isn’t interested nor Hans the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.

Not that's there's any evidence to support, but Qatar could really p*ss on KSA chips if they came in and bought us :naughty:

Online TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #3556 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
?s=20

Interesting. Roma fans have turned on him, but from the article below it sounds like he's got some sense and isn't completely clueless. Would be a decent compromise to this entire debacle.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-james-pallotta-billionaire-friend-17588465

Would rather trust the fans, a newspaper could easily spin Ashley to be a decent owner

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #3557 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:35:40 PM »

Mauriss isn’t interested nor Hans the funds. He’s got links to Qatar and has allowed his name to be linked with us so Qatar can object to the deal and say that we have an alternative.
That's a shame, i like the sound of Hans the Funds.  Good Welsh name for a rich lad.

Online KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #3558 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:42:11 PM »
?s=20

Would rather trust the fans, a newspaper could easily spin Ashley to be a decent owner

Yeah, that's fair I guess.

Just so sick of Ashley man. So difficult following the team with the rubbish people he keeps putting in charge.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #3559 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:45:28 PM »
No thanks to Pallotta, he doesn’t bomb Yemen, lash women, hack up journalists or illegally stream football.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #3560 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:46:09 PM »
No thanks to Pallotta, he doesn’t bomb Yemen, lash women, hack up journalists or illegally stream football.

Tbf i only do two of those.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #3561 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:47:19 PM »

Good enough for us horrible Newcastle fans, lob an offer in lad.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #3562 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 05:49:56 PM »

Good enough for us horrible Newcastle fans, lob an offer in lad.

If only i could.

Is that fella that bad, 5th in league and won their last 4 i think.

I've no doubt he'd be better than Ashley.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #3563 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
PL are getting absolutely hammered on twitter like [emoji38]

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3564 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:08:49 PM »
It’s petty and not going to do anything but it’s beautiful.
?s=21

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #3565 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:09:20 PM »
?s=21

Offline Keggy_Keagal

• General Member
« Reply #3566 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
Luke Edwards can't have had it that bad on twitter he's had the reply option off all day. Drama Queen .

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #3567 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:13:34 PM »
Mojo's bang on that they could clear this up themselves fairly simply like, although I suspect the PL are just too scared to say that Saudi Arabia walked away because they weren't going to pass the test, despite that being the most likely scenario

Online Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #3568 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:19:22 PM »
I envy those in here who never wanted this to go through. Imagine not being gutted about the whole mess? Bliss. 

Online TRon

• General Member
« Reply #3569 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
I envy those in here who never wanted this to go through. Imagine not being gutted about the whole mess? Bliss. 

Imagine thinking Mauriss or some other PL approved owner will actually make much difference. The main hope with PIF was that they would have the will and resources to go straight for the top. What will Mauriss or Pallotta's ambition be other than to turn a profit? Finish 10th maybe?

Offline Numbers

• General Member
« Reply #3570 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:27:21 PM »
?s=21

Imagine Luke Edwards getting paid to write articles on a club where 99% of the fans hate him, that should make people buy the paper eh?

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #3571 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:32:56 PM »
PL are getting absolutely hammered on twitter like [emoji38]
Is there was way to create a Twitter not so it would just auto respond to every tweet the Premier League made?

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #3572 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:41:27 PM »
The Russians are good at that sort of thing apparently, only ever use it to make impressionable folk vote for stuff though :shifty:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3573 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:42:57 PM »
Mauriss has been under investigation with the FBI for fraud? Couldn’t possibly pass the test.
?s=21

Online NE27

• General Member
« Reply #3574 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
Luke Edwards still prattling on.

Can he just do his f***ing job and go and find out exactly who mauriss is for a start? People are laying into him because as per he sticks a petty comment on the end of a normally valid point to provoke people.

I'm honestly glad I'm not on Twitter or I'd probably be getting visits off the police :lol: