Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

:whatdidido: Feel physically sick, like a few others I was longing for the day I took my son into St James......i'll be dead before that happens

Yup - I would have started taking my 11 year old daughter. Not a chance now.

We were just talking about it last night, the sparkle in his eye and the smiles and laughs as he recalled seeing the team when they were here in NZ, being in the pub (as a 12 year old) and getting into the singing and chants, walking thru Wellington with the locals taking photographs....the game and the joy when we scored (see the avatar).......fuck you Ashley, fuck you Masters and the PL, fuck you Qatar and you stooges at BeIN.....fuck the lot of you to oblivion

The only way forward is relegation and a few years in the championship, hopefully we get a new owner and build from there, either that or the rest of the clubs outside the top six give the football league a call and set up a championship +1 league to get away from the corruption, which is never going to happen.

Guest reefatoon

See Hatice and Amnesty have already been out celebrating the result. With so many emotions flying about, these kind of things are not well advised.

PIF have been investing left right and centre during Covid, they’ve invested in Carnival Cruise ffs and Disney. The statement about financial uncertainty caused by Covid and about when the season will start, training etc is bollocks. That’s a face saving statement. This acquisition was part of their 2030 vision. I feel they’ve made a bollocks of this. Watch them buy Roma now.

Who do you mean by "they've"? :lol:

Assuming for some reason you are blaming  PIF - If you were part of an investment fund, who's main objective is to create value, would you set aside several hundred million pounds for an unlimited time in the hope that you would get approval to buy a football club at "some point, or maybe not at all", or would you want eventually suggest maybe the money is better to be spent elsewhere?

See Hatice has already been out celebrating the result. With so many emotions flying about, these kind of things are not well advised.

Aye, I bet her tweet is getting some love :lol:

The only way forward is relegation and a few years in the championship, hopefully we get a new owner and build from there, either that or the rest of the clubs outside the top six give the football league a call and set up a championship +1 league to get away from the corruption, which is never going to happen.

Nah fuck that, roll the dice with this fake yank imo. If he's no money it'll go tits faster than under Ashley, if he's not totally useless we'll be in a better place.

Guest reefatoon

Nah f*** that, roll the dice with this fake yank imo. If he's no money it'll go tits faster than under Ashley, if he's not totally useless we'll be in a better place.

Whoever comes in after this (I don’t think anyone will) will always get the “we could have been so much better under PIF” treatment. Best to just let it all crash and burn.

That's me done with the club completely now. There's no way I'm sticking around for the shit show season with Bruce and Ashley. Honestly man we just cant get anything can we? Still stuck with that fat fucking cunt Ashley, fuming.

Nah fuck that, roll the dice with this fake yank imo. If he's no money it'll go tits faster than under Ashley, if he's not totally useless we'll be in a better place.

:thup: if PIF had never been a thing we would have given him a go I reckon

Nah f*** that, roll the dice with this fake yank imo. If he's no money it'll go tits faster than under Ashley, if he's not totally useless we'll be in a better place.

Completely. Yeah it would have been great to be rich but 5 months ago we'd have taken just getting rid of Ashley and I still will. Was never about getting the Saudi's for me, was about getting rid of Ashley. Once you're off life support who knows what happens next?

Neither will happen - we will be prescribed a lifetime dose of mediocrity. He won't, and from a business perspective, shouldn't, sell this (our) cash cow.

It's heartbreaking, but painfully predictable. 

Completely. Yeah it would have been great to be rich but 5 months ago we'd have taken just getting rid of Ashley and I still will. Was never about getting the Saudi's for me, was about getting rid of Ashley. Once you're off life support who knows what happens next?

Sometimes you die

What do people make of this quote by Amanda Staveley?

Explaining the crux of the problem, she said: “The piracy issue was not an issue but we tried to resolve it anyway.“They [the Premier League] tried to make the state of Saudi a director.

The PIF had agreed to become a director.“Do we give up now? I don’t know, there may be a way forward, but we have had to put a statement out.

What do people make of this quote by Amanda Staveley?

Explaining the crux of the problem, she said: “The piracy issue was not an issue but we tried to resolve it anyway.“They [the Premier League] tried to make the state of Saudi a director.

The PIF had agreed to become a director.“Do we give up now? I don’t know, there may be a way forward, but we have had to put a statement out.

We'll come back in another 6-12 months time!

We’ll get sold to someone who won’t threaten their beloved 6. I’m done.