Author Topic: Euro 96  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Paully

• General Member
Re: Euro 96
« Reply #25 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:18:53 PM »
ITV4!

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #26 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:20:09 PM »
Keegan and Ferguson.

Our guy unbelievably graceful. What a man.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #27 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:23:49 PM »
There he is again. Ah man.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #28 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:29:50 PM »
Kasper Schmeichel! :lol:

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:34:51 PM »
Lee Hurst, man. Areet then, a total f***ing arsehole now.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:37:08 PM »
Aye, I proper loved him on TTIAO.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:40:16 PM »
Aye, I proper loved him on TTIAO.

This - used to have me in stitches

Offline Ricardo1892

« Reply #32 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:56:46 PM »
not sure all this build up is necessary

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 06:57:03 PM »
I remember this game being really boring at the time. Canny interested to see whether it still is, or if I was just spoiled by watching us under Keegan.

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:00:27 PM »
I was like teflon as a kid, remembering that it was Turkyilmaz who scored to this day.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #35 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:08:26 PM »
I remember this game being really boring at the time. Canny interested to see whether it still is, or if I was just spoiled by watching us under Keegan.

Aye, I’m pretty sure young me f***ed it off to half way through to play in the back garden. Remember trying to do the Gazza all night after he did that too.

Swiss shirt a legit banger.

Offline Likelylad

« Reply #36 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
Just realised Rob Lee isn't even in the squad but Steve Stone and Nicky Barmby are. Ridiculous

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #37 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:41:25 PM »
What a strike.

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:43:45 PM »
Just realised Rob Lee isn't even in the squad but Steve Stone and Nicky Barmby are. Ridiculous

:thup: Totally ridiculous how few Newcastle players there were considering we'd just finished second. I know Ince was quality, but Lee definitely should have had a look in around 94-96

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:43:58 PM »

Beardsley should have been there over Barmby.
?s=21

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #40 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 07:49:58 PM »
Wierd hearing football fans singing Sweet Chariot, completley forgot that used to happen.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 08:01:58 PM »
How good was McManaman? Doesn't get mentioned that often but he got a move to Real Madrid so he must have been pretty good?

Too young to remember him really

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 08:05:20 PM »
I thought he was class. Very good at Real Madrid as well, I always thought it was a bit weird that hardly anything was made of him scoring the goal that decided the Champions League final as well.

Online LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 11 May 2020, 08:31:41 PM »

:thup: Totally ridiculous how few Newcastle players there were considering we'd just finished second. I know Ince was quality, but Lee definitely should have had a look in around 94-96

Lee and Beardsley omissions were crazy.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 04:20:41 PM »
How good was McManaman? Doesn't get mentioned that often but he got a move to Real Madrid so he must have been pretty good?

Too young to remember him really

He was brilliant in these years for club and country - his first 2 years at Madrid were decent too but he suffered as a result of Madrid’s galactico policy - went from being a fantastic dribbler to just making simple 5 yard passes to Figo, Zidane et al

If I remember correctly he was on the verge of signing for Barca until Sir Bobby recommended them Rivaldo instead??

Offline Holmesy

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 05:19:37 PM »
The general standard of football is a lot crapper than i remember it. I didn't think it would be too different to modern football, just a lot slower, but the amount they give the ball away is in huge contrast to the stuff we see now.

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 05:34:20 PM »
The general standard of football is a lot crapper than i remember it. I didn't think it would be too different to modern football, just a lot slower, but the amount they give the ball away is in huge contrast to the stuff we see now.

Aye and now half of them are pundits who complain when modern players give the ball away. :lol: You'd think they were all Xavi the way some of them go on.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 05:38:15 PM »
Never watched Euro 96 but basically every old football game I have watched was absolutely terrible, particularly before the back pass rule was introduced
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline kisearch

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 05:41:21 PM »
The 1970 World Cup final that everyone bangs on about is almost entirely at walking pace like. It's a shame, I bet the football was on another planet at the time but it's really hard to appreciate now with everything that's come since then.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 12 May 2020, 06:34:30 PM »
The 1970 World Cup final that everyone bangs on about is almost entirely at walking pace like. It's a shame, I bet the football was on another planet at the time but it's really hard to appreciate now with everything that's come since then.

I remember watching the '66 Final when that was shown on BBC once, the standard was dreadful compared to today.
?s=21