Author Topic: Positive Optimism-Saudi Takeover Edition  (Read 187917 times)

The Bonk, Wandy, simplejack1982, shakey jake, bowlingcrofty (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
  • You can’t understand white without knowing black
Re: Positive Optimism-Saudi Takeover Edition
« Reply #2300 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:58:25 PM »
Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

Offline Ben

• General Member
« Reply #2301 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:00:30 PM »
Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

He did mention that and he also confirmed he has done freelance work for them in the past, but he did say the deal could not be done until the piracy was sorted

Online Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #2302 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:01:04 PM »
Why exactly is it taking so long if everything legally is in our favour? Arbitration could and should have already started, but the better approach is striking a deal ready for next season? Bullshit.

Offline Ben

• General Member
« Reply #2303 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:06:09 PM »
Why exactly is it taking so long if everything legally is in our favour? Arbitration could and should have already started, but the better approach is striking a deal ready for next season? Bullshit.

By the sounds of it there are crossing every t and dotting every i with the hope of doing a deal when the Saudis and Qatar sort their issues out, the other Premier league clubs need to be convinced by Masters that they wont lose out with any future TV deal.

Online Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #2304 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:12:42 PM »

By the sounds of it there are crossing every t and dotting every i with the hope of doing a deal when the Saudis and Qatar sort their issues out, the other Premier league clubs need to be convinced by Masters that they wont lose out with any future TV deal.

Other premier league clubs have absolutely nothing to do with it. Hence why our legal case is apparently strong.

Online Stifleaay

• :thumb:
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #2305 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 09:13:25 PM »
I don’t think relegation automatically means PIF walk away, however they won’t want to buy us for the current price, and Ashley won’t want to sell at a reduced price. On top of that they will be wary of the EFL doing what the Premier League and kicking the can down the road to prevent the takeover and take it via legal action which would drag it out too long. Rick Oarry has already shown how heMs in the pockets of the top 6.

Online Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #2306 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 10:20:23 PM »
£305 million is the price
Arbitration is the key to the takeover with a deal done before the most likely outcome (De Marco)
Takeover will not be done before the summer
£200 million for transfers
Newcastle would become part of the 2030 project with massive infrastructure investment (not confirmed but the Saudis need a flagship soccer project)
Saudis don't want to buy Spurs as reported

That's very specific information. Are we to believe he's now closer to the buyers than any other journalist?
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don't. "
sackpardew.com

Online Hhtoon

• General Member
« Reply #2307 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 10:35:15 PM »
The ultra positives are in total fantasy land with regards to any takeover in the event of relegation.

Just let people, it's the point of the thread.

Offline et tu brute

• General Member
« Reply #2308 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 10:46:57 PM »
The ultra positives are in total fantasy land with regards to any takeover in the event of relegation.

Just let people, it's the point of the thread.

Yeah you’re right I’ll try to leave it to the Takeover Thread.

Online Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2309 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:09:51 PM »
Lots of people have said he actually did say club we’re dragging out arbitration, haven’t listened myself yet but wouldn’t be the first time he’s been accused of misrepresenting the facts.

On the plus side Kennedy did say things were moving albeit slowly last week, and refused to comment when asked if arbitration had actually begun.

?s=20

Offline Candi_Hills

• General Member
« Reply #2310 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
I don't understand the pants-shitting negativity with this deal. People keep saying, "Oh yeah, next month, next month...", as if we're being lied to. It's a super complicated legal and political case and setbacks happen. The people involved aren't p*ss-takers.

Until we've lost the arbiration case or we're told that fatboy and Amanda have given up, then stop being such a fanny. Clearly, there is a possibility of this happening.
Oz is harder than Yosser

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
  • 'How's the bacon?' Did you say?
« Reply #2311 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:50:13 PM »
Pants-shitting negativity is what the football forum does best, you can't take that away from it.

Online Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #2312 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
I don't understand the pants-shitting negativity with this deal. People keep saying, "Oh yeah, next month, next month...", as if we're being lied to. It's a super complicated legal and political case and setbacks happen. The people involved aren't p*ss-takers.

Until we've lost the arbiration case or we're told that fatboy and Amanda have given up, then stop being such a fanny. Clearly, there is a possibility of this happening.

Then why do people keep saying this in the first place? News by Christmas, positive developments in January, should hear positive news at the end of February/start of March, now no wait, it wont be until Summer. Im sure folk coming out with this have the best of intentions, whether thats ITKs or journalists, but its hardly surprising when these dates sail by with barely a mention of any news people start calling bullshit.

I'm sure everyone by this point fully appreciates how complex and drawn out these things are like.   

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • jerk who hates food pics
« Reply #2313 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 03:04:37 PM »

Then why do people keep saying this in the first place? News by Christmas, positive developments in January, should hear positive news at the end of February/start of March, now no wait, it wont be until Summer. Im sure folk coming out with this have the best of intentions, whether thats ITKs or journalists, but its hardly surprising when these dates sail by with barely a mention of any news people start calling bullshit.

I'm sure everyone by this point fully appreciates how complex and drawn out these things are like.   
Because irritable neandertals keep reacting to it.
Nah f*** this, worst poster nominations are back.
One year I deliberately made no posts in the general chat thread so I couldn’t be nominated for it, I still f***ing won.

Offline Candi_Hills

• General Member
« Reply #2314 on: Monday 22 February 2021, 04:49:15 PM »

I suppose it depends who you listen to but I'd advise against putting too much stock in HTT's running "Friday 3pm" joke or anything random Twitter ITKs say.

Following what Keith, George and Ben Jacobs say though - who seem to be able to eke out little bits of truth between them - I've never really felt there have been big promises of something definitely happening in a week's time. As far as I can tell, we'll be going to arbitration if they can't get it sorted without the need to, and the the radio silence at the minute probably means they're cracking on with one of those things.

It might not happen but there are some big fish who think it will and that's enough to give me hope. If it doesn't happen just get into gardening or chess or something instead.
Oz is harder than Yosser

Online Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2315 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 08:59:18 PM »
Always a positive to see one of Mike’s companies making a loss.

?s=20

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2316 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
aye, but let's keep Bruce in the job because that is what is best to protect the value of my PL club.
N U F C

Online Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2317 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 09:45:36 PM »
Would Ashley be investing so much in this if he thought the bidders would just pull out on relegation. Also the amount of time and money invested by PCP to get this done since 2017 for them just to walk away ? Even if they had to pay over the odds for a championship club say 200 plus, look at the value of City, Spurs and Chelsea now, all clubs we we’re bigger than not long ago. This is part of Saudis 2030 vision, a long term investment which can be justified even if relegated on potential long term increase in value.

To get this deal we will have to prove the PL did not complete the test correctly, in the event that is proven and we are relegated, this potentially opens up the possibility of a compensation case also for Ashley. He could rightly argue that had the test been carried out correctly his asset would not have been devalued. Of course as part of an arbitration settlement it could be agreed by all parties that Ashley will not pursue any said compensation.

Along with Ashley’s new interest in expansion into the Middle East and Fraser group losses, it all opens up the possibility of a previously reluctant seller agreeing to a sale at a reduced price on relegation.

?s=20

Online Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #2318 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 09:50:02 PM »
To get this deal we will have to prove the PL did not complete the test correctly

And for Saudi to allow Bein back yeah?

Online Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2319 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 09:56:22 PM »
To get this deal we will have to prove the PL did not complete the test correctly

And for Saudi to allow Bein back yeah?

Not sure I think it helps but how long is that going to take ? It maybe they just forge ahead and if they can prove test was not carried out correctly, and Shaheed Fatima proves PIF are separate to state, then Bein is not an issue.

I think De Marco and co would fancy chances of a settlement being reached if Bein was reinstated and court cases we’re dropped, as without the legal case in London re piracy is it worth the PL fighting the case on separation.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2320 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:11:04 PM »
Well if it doesn’t go through, at least the fat slug would have wasted a fortune on it. Every cloud.

Online Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #2321 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:15:48 PM »
Undoubtedly the club could burn for me if the takeover doesn’t go through. This is a good point made by Keith though, I think we have to be extremely confident in the legal argument club has.

?s=20

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2322 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:20:25 PM »
My worry would be is that Ashley would ask for something stupidly unrealistic for a club that only really has a biggish stadium at championship level, as out facilities are more league 1 level by now. Really hope if he has to give up on this deal his other companies states mean he has to get rid of us.

Offline Jackie Broon

• General Member
« Reply #2323 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:36:10 PM »
Undoubtedly the club could burn for me if the takeover doesn’t go through. This is a good point made by Keith though, I think we have to be extremely confident in the legal argument club has.

?s=20

Well that's not true, barristers have no choice but to take on a case if instructed, there are only very limited circumstances where they can refuse and feeling they can't win is not one of them.

Online Hhtoon

• General Member
« Reply #2324 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 10:43:09 PM »

?s=20

Well that's not true, barristers have no choice but to take on a case if instructed, there are only very limited circumstances where they can refuse and feeling they can't win is not one of them.

You'd have to hope they'd give an honest appraisal of the chances of success. If they told Ashley he didn't have a decent case, would he have bothered progressing? Never know with him unfortunately