Poll

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

Pochettino
32 (18.5%)
Rafa
141 (81.5%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: Wednesday 6 May 2020, 12:52:46 PM

Author Topic: NUFC : Next Manager  (Read 37818 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: NUFC : Next Manager
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 03:57:24 PM »
I've slagged off Valverde far too many times to change my tune now :lol:

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 03:57:32 PM »
Bielsa

Great shout. I am fascinated by the bloke, have to admit. Seems to have the sort of obsessive and fanatical personality which would make him a legend here. But think he has probably found his calling at Leeds tbh.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 03:59:43 PM »
Ten Hag? Loved watching Ajax last year.

Offline Theregulars

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 03:59:49 PM »
Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, The Gaffer, Rafa, Rafael Benitez, R. Benitez, Benitez, Ra-Ben, 'Nitez, Raffy, Benny, Raffy-Benny, Enit St Benitezburg
You're going to pay. In fear dollars.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 04:02:28 PM »
I’d lose all respect for Rafa if he came to work for the evil dictators. He would be no better than the evil regime ruling over him yada yada yada.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 04:04:14 PM »

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ◼◻◼◻◼◻◼
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 04:07:49 PM »
Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I think it'd take Pochettino a little longer than Rafa or Allegri to get us the way he wants to play and regularly winning games due to how we've been playing for the last 3 years.

I hear and understand you, but Poch has managed in the premier a long time, his Southampton days right the way through adapting to the premier and learning English, I remember the days of him stood with a translator in his interviews.

I'm sure he would be fine adjusting (But you're saying would the players), I dont want to contradict what i said in a different thread though, claiming we need a manager that takes no s***. That I would question, has Poch got a strong hand on player power?

He's obviously going to need to be able to get a few new faces and be given time 👍🏻
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline mickthemagpie

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 04:41:55 PM »
You never know. Rafa might have a Newcastle release clause in his contract? If things have been ticking along as they have it may have always been in the back of his mind that he would return at some point?

Just made that comment to my daughter! The Staveley link is key.

Online Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
Bielsa
First half of the season, then Rafa comes in in January :coolsmiley:

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 05:20:35 PM »
Bloody hell, are people actually saying give Bruce a chance? Christ

Thwow them to the floor.

Offline Thumbheed

• General Member
  • Regen
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
Rafa's earnt the opportunity. No other manager on that list would have even looked at us at the time Rafa took over.

Kind of feel we owe it to him, plus I cant see any other manager connecting with the club in the same way he did.

Love the man. Finally deserves a job he's fully backed in.

Offline D. Yimentov

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 05:58:47 PM »
Not Pochettino. He's a miserable b****** and miserable b******s have always failed up here. Dalglish, Souness, Gullit.

All of our most successful managers have been absolute charmers.

мы любим футбол, но футбол не любит нас

Offline TheGuv

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 06:02:27 PM »
Rafa's earnt the opportunity. No other manager on that list would have even looked at us at the time Rafa took over.

Kind of feel we owe it to him, plus I cant see any other manager connecting with the club in the same way he did.

Love the man. Finally deserves a job he's fully backed in.

This!

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 06:05:56 PM »
Not Pochettino. He's a miserable b****** and miserable b******s have always failed up here. Dalglish, Souness, Gullit.

All of our most successful managers have been absolute charmers.

Absolutely! Has to be someone with charisma or a supreme being like Rafa.

Given his links with stavely I cant see past the spanish waiter. I am sure he has been in the loop the whole time. China is a nice stop gap for a ton of money. I think he could have waited for a premier league job which tells me he would still relish the return if not that he is holding out in hope of one.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 06:06:36 PM »
Spanish waiter. :anguish:

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 06:10:19 PM »
Loved the Ten Cate shout whoever done that. The way Ajax played last season was a joy to watch (Like Bayern Munich this year but I doubt we'd be able to tempt their staff) . Are there any others like that out there. My euro knowledge of football has gone to s*** over the  last 5 years or so.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline GWN

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
I went Poch but ive such a soft spot for Rafa, either for me .

Rafa deserves a shot at this but it seems a dream him coming back.I just know these mean business and will want a good PR job to get going then see where we go.

Poch would be a great coup for the new regime mind.
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 07:34:23 PM »
Rafa.

Bielsa, Luis Enrique?

But Rafa.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I think it'd take Pochettino a little longer than Rafa or Allegri to get us the way he wants to play and regularly winning games due to how we've been playing for the last 3 years.

I hear and understand you, but Poch has managed in the premier a long time, his Southampton days right the way through adapting to the premier and learning English, I remember the days of him stood with a translator in his interviews.

I'm sure he would be fine adjusting (But you're saying would the players), I dont want to contradict what i said in a different thread though, claiming we need a manager that takes no s***. That I would question, has Poch got a strong hand on player power?

He's obviously going to need to be able to get a few new faces and be given time

Very true and fair points. :thup: Just think Allegri or Rafa would be more suited to win trophies and get us up in the top 8 quicker.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
Got to be Rafa. Anyone else would just be passing through for the payday. As others have mentioned too, it's still going to be a long-term project just to get us up to speed with the rest of the league in terms of facilities etc.

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 07:55:53 PM »
Rafa knows the place, gets the place, has a connection with the fans and asked to make it happen for him to come here. He knows what improvements are needed with the infrastructure and he already had a plan.

There can be nobody better equipped to take us to the next level. If this takeover does happen it'll take some time to get us up to speed and for top players (and managers for that matter) to actually want to be here. Is Rafa actually confirmed as being back in China, someone who should know better told me he was in Liverpool.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 08:01:37 PM »
Rafa knows the place, gets the place, has a connection with the fans and asked to make it happen for him to come here. He knows what improvements are needed with the infrastructure and he already had a plan.

There can be nobody better equipped to take us to the next level. If this takeover does happen it'll take some time to get us up to speed and for top players (and managers for that matter) to actually want to be here. Is Rafa actually confirmed as being back in China, someone who should know better told me he was in Liverpool.

He’s been nowhere near China in months. I can’t seem him returning after the virus outbreak.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 08:02:30 PM »
I think they'd be foolish to overlook John William Carver, tbh.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Willow

• General Member
  • #wait
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 08:25:03 PM »
Bring them all home

Offline number9shirt

• General Member
  • HWTF
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 15 April 2020, 08:41:18 PM »
Nagelsmann definitely Nagelsmann but I would be delighted with Allegri. New owners, fresh start, no going back.
HOPE