Poll

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

Pochettino
32 (18.5%)
Rafa
141 (81.5%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Voting closed: Wednesday 6 May 2020, 12:52:46 PM

Author Topic: NUFC : Next Manager  (Read 37484 times)

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
Re: NUFC : Next Manager
« Reply #1000 on: Friday 22 May 2020, 11:23:05 PM »
I don’t think he said he wants to live in London. He said he’s living in London at the moment but is open to anything, even a different country.

I don’t think he’s been approached yet, but he’s basically saying to whoever, sell me a project to work on and I’ll listen.

I’d be delighted if he came in as manager but my first choice is Rafa all the way. To see what he could do with a proper budget..

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #1001 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:14:16 AM »
Supposedly one of the problems with Mourinho at Man Utd was that he never bought or even rented a property in the North West. Something to learn from really.
I know the transport links are simple now but I would be disappointed in the least if our manager didnt live in or around Newcastle. I guess it's not the be all end all though.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #1002 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 07:36:43 AM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-gives-newcastle-boost-22071671
Those comments about a 'project' and it being about 'the people' could have come Rafa himself.
It's almost like Pochettino has been doing his homework.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #1003 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 08:02:57 AM »
Or maybe it’s not just Rafa alone who has this way of working/thinking?

Offline Armchair Pundit

• General Member
« Reply #1004 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
Or maybe it’s not just Rafa alone who has this way of working/thinking?

To be fair, a spurs mate of mine did tell me that Poch got very involved with the fans and community there, he's that sort of manager. Perhaps he's just a younger Rafa  :lol:
اشعر بقوة الجانب المظلم - 'asheur biquat aljanib almuzlim

#AshleyOut

Offline cosmic

• General Member
« Reply #1005 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 10:23:35 AM »
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/exclusive-assistant-boss-jesus-perez-15454817

Interesting bits about Pochettino's trusted right hand man - Jesus Perez ....

"...After a spell as a fitness coach with the Saudi Arabian national team and then with Saudi side Al Ittihad, reaching the Asian Champions League final, he returned to Spain looking to take six months out of a game he was becoming jaded with ..."

Offline FloydianMag

• General Member
« Reply #1006 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
If you think education is expensive try ignorance.  Derek Bok

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #1007 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 01:48:56 PM »
I know it’s only the Mirror but make of it what you will.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-offer-mauricio-pochettino-confirmed-22074335

Strange, Caulkin has denied any approaches for managers and said that they don’t even have a short list.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #1008 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 02:33:13 PM »
Caulkin knows only what the buyer chooses to tell him. He knows jack s*** just like the rest of us 98% of the time. He is not the all seeing oracle that some people on here are making out!
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #1009 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 02:36:14 PM »
I know it’s only the Mirror but make of it what you will.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-offer-mauricio-pochettino-confirmed-22074335

Strange, Caulkin has denied any approaches for managers and said that they don’t even have a short list.

Caulkin also said the Premier League checks would take up to 4 weeks

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ◼◻◼◻◼◻◼
« Reply #1010 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 02:36:27 PM »
Caulkin knows only what the buyer chooses to tell him. He knows jack s*** just like the rest of us 98% of the time. He is not the all seeing oracle that some people on here are making out!

What makes you say that? Do you think he's just pretending
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #1011 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:06:40 PM »

What makes you say that? Do you think he's just pretending

He is not pretending. But he only knows what his source chooses to tell him and he is only as up to date as his most recent information.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #1012 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:15:31 PM »
I’d imagine it’s seen as bad crack to be openly throwing manager’s names about when Bruce, as inept as he is, is still currently employed. Wouldn’t show them in a favourable light at all when the takeover hasn’t actually happened yet. I’ve got no doubt they’ve sounded a few people out but would never leak it directly or via Caulkin.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1013 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
I’d imagine it’s seen as bad crack to be openly throwing manager’s names about when Bruce, as inept as he is, is still currently employed. Wouldn’t show them in a favourable light at all when the takeover hasn’t actually happened yet. I’ve got no doubt they’ve sounded a few people out but would never leak it directly or via Caulkin.

This. Still a third of a mess of a season to go. Absolutely no rush to announce anything or to sack Bruce whilst season still ongoing. Who knows who will become available in time. Let’s start the new regime (hopefully) by acting with a bit class after 13 years of tackiness.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1014 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:28:09 PM »

Yup. Poch stuff is coming from his side (Ozzie) that’s something they have little control over.

99% certain it’ll be poch and before the end of the season, the other 1% is Rafa at the end of the season.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #1015 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do let Bruce see out this season until August.

Poch/Benitez/Allegri very unlikely to accept just 4 weeks preparation time before next season.

This is why Bruce needs to be binned straight away.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1016 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do intend to let Bruce see out this season until August.

Next season won’t start in august.

Offline andyc35i

« Reply #1017 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 03:58:39 PM »
I can’t see Poch willing to come in at the end of the season with just 4 weeks preparation for the start of next season I think this will be a big problem in getting a top manager if they do let Bruce see out this season until August.

Poch/Benitez/Allegri very unlikely to accept just 4 weeks preparation time before next season.

This is why Bruce needs to be binned straight away.

We’d be lucky to see this current season finish before August! I agree with youR point to some extent, top managers want time to get things in place and the current pandemic situation poses us some problems with someone like Poch or Allegri. That’s why I’m hoping Rafa comes in now more than ever because he knows the situation that the club is in and can hit the ground running.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #1018 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 04:11:40 PM »
Caulkin knows what Staveley wants but Staveley won't be in control of the Club.

Offline Strawberry

• General Member
« Reply #1019 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 04:35:26 PM »

This is what matter. In assumption Staveley wants Rafa. The Reubens through their son Jamie wants Poch. The Saudis want Allegeri.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1020 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 04:37:18 PM »

This is what matter. In assumption Staveley wants Rafa. The Reubens through their son Jamie wants Poch. The Saudis want Allegeri.

f*** off man :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #1021 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 04:59:06 PM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is fairly close to the case :laugh:

It’ll end up being a collective decision/choice though obviously not just one person making it.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1022 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:15:58 PM »
I don’t think he said he wants to live in London. He said he’s living in London at the moment but is open to anything, even a different country.

I don’t think he’s been approached yet, but he’s basically saying to whoever, sell me a project to work on and I’ll listen.

I’d be delighted if he came in as manager but my first choice is Rafa all the way. To see what he could do with a proper budget..

He said his family is settled in London, so the Premier league is still holds a big pull for him, but he wouldn't rule out a move abroad just because of that. To me that translates as a job in Newcastle would suit him just fine, he didn't say anything about staying in London either. The reasons he gave for preferring London was his kids have been brought up in England, so moving to another part of the country would probably not be as big a wrench as going to another country altogether.

Offline Strawberry

• General Member
« Reply #1023 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:17:20 PM »

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is fairly close to the case :laugh:

It’ll end up being a collective decision/choice though obviously not just one person making it.

Yes collective decision but bear in mind 80% allows you to make the final decision yours.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #1024 on: Saturday 23 May 2020, 05:19:54 PM »
Poor us. How ever will we cope. :lol:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com