Author Topic: Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure  (Read 745824 times)

LRD, Dunce, WeeD, donalbaink and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline awaymag

• General Member
Re: Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure
« Reply #22425 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:20:45 AM »
Going forward will NUST say anything when Yemen gets bombed or the House of Saud indulges in some other human rights abuse ?

No they’ll just concentrate on matters that affect the football club I would think.

Whoa there, don't set our goals so low.  NUFC can use it influence to right all the wrongs of the world.  Move aside UN, Nato, just direct your problems towards NUFC and we will sort it for you.......

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #22426 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:21:16 AM »
The glamorisation by some of our fans to MBS and SA is f***ing disgusting.

It's almost like, the majority of football supporters are a bit thick.

Offline Cheshire Mag

• General Member
  • Donkey s**** to you too pal
« Reply #22427 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:30:49 AM »

If your referring to the tweet, the fella is from Saudi.........

Tbh, I’ve not seen a lot of love for MBS, it’s mainly been for Mandy

Offline Montey

• General Member
« Reply #22428 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:36:16 AM »
Going forward will NUST say anything when Yemen gets bombed or the House of Saud indulges in some other human rights abuse ?

No they’ll just concentrate on matters that affect the football club I would think.

Whoa there, don't set our goals so low.  NUFC can use it influence to right all the wrongs of the world.  Move aside UN, Nato, just direct your problems towards NUFC and we will sort it for you.......

Nations
United
For
Calm

Nations
United
For
Cans
!!!!! MEDIOCRITY OUT !!!!!

Copyright (c) 2008 Montey.
All comments remain the exclusive property of Montey and are for optical observation only.  You may not duplicate or quote, in part or full any portion of this comment without the express permission of the author or absolute faith you understand what was typed.  If you disagree you'd better write a letter to Newcastle United Football Club, because the author doesn't care.

Online Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #22429 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:43:43 AM »
Unfortunately, we're all guilty of turning a blind eye when convenient. Sweat shops that exploit children make your trainers and tech goods.

After 13 years of abuse, I can understand why the moral compasses of many are comprised.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #22430 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

It's almost like, the majority of football supporters are a bit thick.

I think that's harsh, a lot of fans of Newcastle have been starved of success for generations and they see all these clubs getting taken over and ran properly with a bit of ambition, the fact that they are getting rid of Ashley is celebrated more than the new owners, its not as though the Saudis are going to make the Toon Army (hate that phrase) take up arms and bomb Yemen. The investment arm of Saudi and the State of Saudi can be separate entities.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #22431 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
Actually quite good to see the media move behind giving the league a kick up the arse for the way they’ve treated us as fans.

They’ve come out of this looking absolutely weak as p*ss. BeIN shouldn’t have had half the say and influence they have done and these tests have been wrongly used as moral rather than financial checks.

I think the premier league have boxed themselves into a corner with this decision. They’ve huge political pressure to deny the saudis but I think they know that Ashley/PIF will rinse them in court should they bow to said pressure.

Definitely not a moral check been carried out that's for sure, or this was dead in the water the moment it was put forward.

They've prioritised their IP and money seemingly, hardly a shock.

In my view the problem Masters has is that last time the rules were updated they didn't foresee a situation like this where there would be a potential takeover which by all accounts is unpopular with a lot of member clubs (boohoo) and more importantly one of the league's biggest sponsors. He surely wants to reject it but there's no written rule saying that takeovers can be vetoed by a broadcasting partner. So they'll keep digging away with the piracy until  either they've got enough to reject or time itself has cone to an end.

But yes, even he knows that rightly or wrongly the PL can't reject on moral grounds
Other way round in my eyes. They (the PL and the Government) want it but KSA are in breech of conditions in the test which, if they are put right, even if its just a facade, will be enough to pass it.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 11:17:12 AM by madras »
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline JJ7

• General Member
« Reply #22432 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:55:49 AM »
Saudi Arabia seem to be modernising and hopefully becoming more open to the rest of the world and with their 2030 thing, the more focus on the country will lead to some positive change. They aren't going to receive praise from me, but I'm not going to be expressing outrage at every possible opportunity when most of the people demanding it said absolutely nothing about Saudi Arabia pre-election in December.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #22433 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:57:13 AM »

I’m assuming not, and why should they? A supporters trust shouldn’t get involved in anything that isn’t directly related to the club, surely?

Surely murders carried out by Newcastle's owner are directly related to the club?

This is one of the unavoidable problems the takeover gives us.  The actions of the Saudi government have an effect on Newcastle now.  We've seen this already, where because of the actions of the Saudi government we've been stuck in takeover limbo for months.  You could say middle eastern TV piracy has nothing to do with Newcastle, but it's had very real implications for where we are as a club, what our current squad looks like and probably even our league position.

The contracts of workers in sportswear warehouses doesn't on the surface have anything to do with Newcastle, but rulings and public perception about that may have ended up having influence on how our current owner views the importance of Newcastle as an asset and in terms of how much of his time and attention it deserves.  That's why at times we've been sat on a Newcastle forum, in the football section, watching people appearing before select committees on BBC Parliament.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #22434 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 11:16:27 AM »
Saudi Arabia seem to be modernising and hopefully becoming more open to the rest of the world and with their 2030 thing, the more focus on the country will lead to some positive change. They aren't going to receive praise from me, but I'm not going to be expressing outrage at every possible opportunity when most of the people demanding it said absolutely nothing about Saudi Arabia pre-election in December.

They've a long way to go, and some of the stuff you read about leaves you pretty wide-eyed. But nobody is immune to change and they should be both held to account and encouraged in equal proportion if they do in fact display willingness to move forward. The magnifying glass being held on them as a result of this takeover talk can only be positive I think. I'm sure the Premier League board have already asked for a plan of action for how they will deal with and rectify certain shady things they've been involved in; albeit with a strictly corporate interest rather than a moral interest (which is infinitely more important in my eyes).

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #22435 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 11:22:52 AM »
Aye
Bearings Straight!

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #22436 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
I have it on good authority (I made this up and convinced myself) that the takeover will happen today at 3pm. David Craig will be there and someone will throw a gobstopper directly into his mouth. No news on if the gobstopper was previously sucked or not.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #22437 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12:14:44 PM »
Don't know about the gobstopper, but that post did.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #22438 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
:lol:

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #22439 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12:34:12 PM »

s***  :lol:

Online Rocker

• General Member
« Reply #22441 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12:55:56 PM »

:lol:

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #22442 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
Unfortunately, we're all guilty of turning a blind eye when convenient. Sweat shops that exploit children make your trainers and tech goods.

After 13 years of abuse, I can understand why the moral compasses of many are comprised.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #22443 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:33:43 PM »
"Coming days" klaxon

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #22444 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:35:29 PM »
Coming days is the new #wait
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #22445 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
Coming days is the new #wait

Hopefully we can get it over the line...

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #22446 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:42:11 PM »
Maybe they need to discuss the petition?
LGM

Offline Chris_R

• General Member
« Reply #22447 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
"coming days".

f*** my life. :lol: All we've done for 13 years is f***ing wait.

Wait for the next transfer window.
Wait to see if Ashley will change
Wait to see if next year will be better
Wait for the next takeover rumour
Wait for months for this one to play out
Wait endlessly as it's "imminent" or "next week"

Now we've got to wait "a few more days". 13 years of having my football-supporting life on f***ing hold.

Sorry, I think I've just snapped.

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #22448 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:49:28 PM »
Why would you not have that discussion at the very start of the process?  :lol:

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #22449 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 03:50:12 PM »
Why would you not have that discussion at the very start of the process?  :lol:

Maybe they have and they've just started..