Author Topic: Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure  (Read 745951 times)

ennyoueffsea and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Greg

Re: Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure
« Reply #22400 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12:40:30 AM »
Richard Master's literally wrote to the legal counsel acting for Hetiz Cengiz complaining their correspondence had been leak into the media.

If we never want to speak to them again, and not use this as an opportunity to build some sort of dialogue with the CEO of the Premier League beyond the takeover e.g. on other matters, then we could throw it all away for some likes on Twitter.

But that would be very stupid.

Agreed mate and fully support the stance. Don’t mind any of the s**** being spouted here or on social media. It was the right thing to do.

It’s far more use having a trust representing the fans that either the club or other organisations can trust to have a dialogue with.

:thup:

Carrick18

« Reply #22401 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 01:03:06 AM »
Richard Master's literally wrote to the legal counsel acting for Hetiz Cengiz complaining their correspondence had been leak into the media.

If we never want to speak to them again, and not use this as an opportunity to build some sort of dialogue with the CEO of the Premier League beyond the takeover e.g. on other matters, then we could throw it all away for some likes on Twitter.

By the same token, to play devil's advocate, do you see why making a point of saying you'll keep it private has got the seagulls flapping their wings?

I'd argue just saying he acknowledged the letter would have been suffice. The second you talk about 'keeping it private' it gives a connotation that there is vital information being shared.

Offline FinnMag

• General Member
« Reply #22402 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 05:35:38 AM »
Masters was also asked about piracy in Saudi Arabia - something which many feel is holding up the deal - and he said: "BeoutQ is now off the air, and what we want, off the back of the WTO report, is for Saudi Arabia to respond positively the situation and to allow sports rights-holders to take their rights."

When Masters was asked how long it would take to conclude, he responded: "Shortly".
  :) :) :)

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #22403 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 05:57:31 AM »
?s=19

Playing footie manager
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #22404 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 06:20:30 AM »
Masters was also asked about piracy in Saudi Arabia - something which many feel is holding up the deal - and he said: "BeoutQ is now off the air, and what we want, off the back of the WTO report, is for Saudi Arabia to respond positively the situation and to allow sports rights-holders to take their rights."

When Masters was asked how long it would take to conclude, he responded: "Shortly".
  :) :) :)

He didn't. He said he hoped it would.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #22405 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
Much as Manchester City’s Middle Eastern backers have done in the eastern part of that city, the Saudis could invest in broader regeneration in Newcastle, showing their benevolence, leveraging some cultural capital and further burnishing their image – which, let’s not forget, is an all-important consideration in the deal.

So while Newcastle's Toon Army and the House of Saud may seem unlikely bedfellows, they offer exactly what the other side needs. Through the takeover on Tyneside, the stage is being prepared for an unlikely union, but one which could shake the top of the footballing tree.   

*the Russians know the score*

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC
« Reply #22406 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 06:43:42 AM »
?s=19

Playing footie manager

I wonder if he has unlocked sugar daddy mode

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #22407 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 07:09:59 AM »

Much as Manchester City’s Middle Eastern backers have done in the eastern part of that city, the Saudis could invest in broader regeneration in Newcastle, showing their benevolence, leveraging some cultural capital and further burnishing their image – which, let’s not forget, is an all-important consideration in the deal.

So while Newcastle's Toon Army and the House of Saud may seem unlikely bedfellows, they offer exactly what the other side needs. Through the takeover on Tyneside, the stage is being prepared for an unlikely union, but one which could shake the top of the footballing tree.   

Yeah they murder journalists too.
Bearings Straight!

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #22408 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 07:21:29 AM »

Yeah they murder journalists too.

This is true, lets scrap the whole thing and see if Stuart Donald wants to buy us and take us to the next stage, I've got some spare screws to help change the dirty seats

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #22409 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 07:53:32 AM »

Let’s get the top of that football tree fu#%ing shaking.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #22410 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:30:42 AM »
Why are people up in arms about NUST?

They have demonstrated they can be trusted to have a dialogue and not “fish for likes” by plastering it all over the internet.

I might not matter too much to the PL but you can bet the new owners will take note of this when it comes to including them in the future.

Was just going to say the same thing, (without the video).
Some f***er even intimated Greg was looking for attention. :lol:
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #22411 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:35:39 AM »

By the same token, to play devil's advocate, do you see why making a point of saying you'll keep it private has got the seagulls flapping their wings?

I'd argue just saying he acknowledged the letter would have been suffice. The second you talk about 'keeping it private' it gives a connotation that there is vital information being shared.

Fairly sure that's exactly what happened, only the 'private' comment was later in response to people wanting to know what the letter said.

Absolutely right they keep it private AND I'm pleased they told us it happened.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline manorpark

• General Member
« Reply #22412 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:19:07 AM »

Fairly sure that's exactly what happened, only the 'private' comment was later in response to people wanting to know what the letter said.

Absolutely right they keep it private AND I'm pleased they told us it happened.

Agree entirely, NUST will be a massively useful organisation to us all (even those who don't 'like' them . . ) going forward. Well done them.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #22413 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:21:58 AM »

It's just the way we share information these days. I know something but if I tell you it becomes false, so I won't tell you. But if I told you nothing at all I wouldn't get any recognition for not telling you anything.

Offline The Brittle Waster

• Got wrong for defying the clique
  • General Member
« Reply #22414 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:26:41 AM »
Going forward will NUST say anything when Yemen gets bombed or the House of Saud indulges in some other human rights abuse ?
" We are on the brink of a new era , if only ... "

Offline MickMack

« Reply #22415 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
Going forward will NUST say anything when Yemen gets bombed or the House of Saud indulges in some other human rights abuse ?

Groundhog Day. Same rubbish each day typed slightly differently, some people must be so bored.

Offline Shadow Puppets

• General Member
« Reply #22416 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:29:34 AM »

I’m assuming not, and why should they? A supporters trust shouldn’t get involved in anything that isn’t directly related to the club, surely?

Offline Rompe

• General Member
« Reply #22417 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:31:02 AM »
?s=19

Playing footie manager

More likely he is updating his death list, reading reports about the spread of wahabism and looking at pictures of dead yemeni children, the f***ing c***.
Saudi Arabia are directly responsible for over 100.000 deaths in Yemen.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/saudi-arabia/report-saudi-arabia/

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #22418 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:36:41 AM »
I was thinking we were past time for human rights record to come up again, feels like it's been a good few weeks

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #22419 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:39:51 AM »
I was thinking we were past time for human rights record to come up again, feels like it's been a good few weeks

I thought she wrote another letter just last week?!

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #22420 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:40:24 AM »
The glamorisation by some of our fans to MBS and SA is f***ing disgusting.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #22421 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:50:08 AM »

I thought she wrote another letter just last week?!
No, I mean on here. A while since the thread has been down that path.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #22422 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 09:57:40 AM »
?s=19

Playing footie manager

I wonder if he has unlocked sugar daddy mode

Nah he hasn't, he just used a VPN and stole the Qatari's one.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #22423 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:01:55 AM »
[emoji38]

Offline Whitley mag

• General Member
« Reply #22424 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 10:12:51 AM »

No they’ll just concentrate on matters that affect the football club I would think.