Author Topic: What do you miss the most?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
Re: What do you miss the most?
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:40:48 AM »
Nothing yet, I've been looking for some downtime away from working life in order to focus on developing my art and working on some projects so I'm grateful I now have the opportunity to do that. Placed on paid furlough leave since yesterday. Doing a 10 mile walk daily, eating good nutritious food twice a day and working on my projects. A s*** situation overall but perhaps an opportunity for us to retreat and be with ourselves for a bit.

I feel like this world operates on autopilot, like a fully-fired steam train going to destination nowhere in particular, so the chance to hit pause and reflect not only just on our own lives but on humanity in general, what is of fundamental importance really, and what you once though was fundamentally important but has recently been shown up as not being so. I'm grateful for this side of things.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
Yeah, felt similar although I’m still working at the moment. Enjoying the world slowing down a bit.

That’s an impressive walk, how long does it take you?

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:47:48 AM »
Yeah, felt similar although I’m still working at the moment. Enjoying the world slowing down a bit.

That’s an impressive walk, how long does it take you?

Aye definitely :thup:

It takes around 3 hours 30 minutes. But I'm so happy to be outside I barely even notice the duration. I'm a big walker anyway, this kind of routine (minus 2-3 miles) used to be normality when I was freelancing.

Edit: Also worth noting, a lengthy walk, whatever that may be for each of us individually guarantees a great nights sleep and the prospect of waking up feeling much more fresh. I know night times and morning times for me during this thing have been a little anxiety ridden through being over stimulated by news channels all day, so the walk is massive for the mental health factor.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #78 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:49:41 AM »
Pub
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #79 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 11:13:28 AM »
Childcare!
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #80 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 11:22:27 AM »
Just the day to day interaction with my students, probably. Had three really nice classes before all this hit, great mix of nationalities and ages, was honestly a pleasure to teach them.

Most of them have gone home to Brazil, Spain, Saudi, Italy etc since we shut down two weeks ago. It was all so sudden when the announcement came that nobody really knew how long it would be for or really comprehended that they’d all end up just going home over the next few days and we’d for the most part never see these people we’d spent hours with every day for the last few months (or year or two in some cases) again.

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 11:56:18 AM »
Being able to do things with friends mostly but also, football, gym, and chicken

« Reply #82 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
I miss the gym as well. I'm used to going 4-5 times a week with a few close friends. We'd go for an extra long session on Sunday then go for breakfast, which was a great way to start the day. I guess I'll add seeing my friends face to face as well. This whole thing is just weird, can't get my head around it going on for months.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #83 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
The goth lasses I fancy/follow on Instagram not making an effort to put on make up now they don't need to leave the house.

Honestly gone off at least 10 of the 300 or so, because of the state of their natural eyebrows.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
The goth lasses I fancy/follow on Instagram not making an effort to put on make up now they don't need to leave the house.

Honestly gone off at least 10 of the 300 or so, because of the state of their natural eyebrows.

:lol: :lol:

« Reply #85 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:24:01 PM »
 :lol:

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:25:56 PM »
:lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #87 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:31:46 PM »
Gym/Football definitely.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #88 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:33:09 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #89 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:33:18 PM »
sports in general and football specifically, they were always the option of hey whatever other insanity is going on in the world you can always tune it out for a while and watch a game and now even thats gone

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:36:15 PM »
Nothing yet, I've been looking for some downtime away from working life in order to focus on developing my art and working on some projects so I'm grateful I now have the opportunity to do that. Placed on paid furlough leave since yesterday. Doing a 10 mile walk daily, eating good nutritious food twice a day and working on my projects. A s*** situation overall but perhaps an opportunity for us to retreat and be with ourselves for a bit.

I feel like this world operates on autopilot, like a fully-fired steam train going to destination nowhere in particular, so the chance to hit pause and reflect not only just on our own lives but on humanity in general, what is of fundamental importance really, and what you once though was fundamentally important but has recently been shown up as not being so. I'm grateful for this side of things.

Brilliant outlook. :thup:

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:41:03 PM »
Honestly I know it's a massively unfair competition but no TV show can ever come close to the drama of the knockouts of the CL. Don't miss the PL at all really but the midweek nights are really grim without the CL
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:53:30 PM »

[emoji38] [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:05:07 PM »
Honestly I know it's a massively unfair competition but no TV show can ever come close to the drama of the knockouts of the CL. Don't miss the PL at all really but the midweek nights are really grim without the CL

:thup: I was barely watching the PL but always put the CL on when it gets to this stage.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #94 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:10:58 PM »
What's people lockdown plans for the weekend? Gonna be a pisser if the weather is still decent for it.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:12:16 PM »
What's people lockdown plans for the weekend? Gonna be a pisser if the weather is still decent for it.

I miss when you weren't a poster.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #96 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #97 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
Charming.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #98 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
Bit harsh.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #99 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 01:32:06 PM »

You mean "this" poster or are you going back further?