Author Topic: What do you miss the most?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
Re: What do you miss the most?
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:06:00 PM »
fried goods

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:12:33 PM »

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:27:48 PM »
No but f*** that

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:31:51 PM »
Having a few pints in the pub with the football on. Also planning and looking forward to holidays and weekends away.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:34:33 PM »
Obviously very early in this whole thing, but what do you miss the most from normal life?

Not being reminded daily of the profound stupidity of many people. This crisis just magnifying that s***.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
The possibility of sex probably. Although I don't miss anything that badly yet.

:lol:  Not sex, just the possibility of it.

:lol:

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 11:36:42 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 06:38:55 AM »
Sleep.

Anyone else having anxiety spikes at night?

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 06:55:33 AM »
Freedom of choice.
This is it like. Just the feeling of knowing you can't do anything vaguely enjoyable for an indefinite amount of time

Don't have kids :lol: :(

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 06:57:41 AM »
Having a few pints in the pub with the football on. Also planning and looking forward to holidays and weekends away.

This
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 07:10:04 AM »
Proper steak
I've got 10KG of longhorn beef in my freezer and about half of it is steak. It's from a guy who keeps them as a hobby he only butchers 1 or 2 per year. Delicious. It was quite expensive but delicious.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 09:54:55 AM »
Finding it really easy not to drink like. Not drank for 4.5 weeks, and this is the longest I've went without drinking since I was 17.

Might aim for 100 days.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
Proper steak
I've got 10KG of longhorn beef in my freezer and about half of it is steak. It's from a guy who keeps them as a hobby he only butchers 1 or 2 per year. Delicious. It was quite expensive but delicious.

Look at me look at me, pathetic.

Nah, lush meat that :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Online Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:10:58 AM »
Structure. Trying my best to work from home as normal but with 2 young kids and my missus here it's like groundhog day. An hour lifting weights in the garage is bliss and I'm also considering landscaping my garden to a certain degree as Ive never done it before but seems a decent challenge that I will inevitably f*** up.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:15:58 AM »
Sleep.

My sleep pattern is messed right up like - bored during the day so have been taking some epic afternoon naps, with the obvious consequence that I'm then wide awake in the middle of the night.

I try to read something rather than just lying there thinking, but then I get right into my book and am awake for hours :lol:

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:17:32 AM »
Finding it really easy not to drink like. Not drank for 4.5 weeks, and this is the longest I've went without drinking since I was 17.

Might aim for 100 days.
I'm drinking a lot less as well just the odd night and eating healthier and feeling better for it. Been doing a lot of meal prep and living pretty cheap. Need to keep it up when it goes back to normal.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:19:08 AM »

Might aim for 100 days.
I find the opposite, I look forward to having a beer after the little ones gone to bed now more than usual as its an additional element to my day in terms of a change.  I'm having to conciously say to myself do not have a beer some days as I'll just now instinctively go and get one once shes off to bed whereas in the past I wouldn't do that very often.  I could quite easily come out of this with a severe drink problem if I don't manage myself.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
I’m drinking more, but sleeping better and more longer! I’ve probably needed my own lock-down from business etc. to avoid a nervous breakdown after a solid decade of non stop stress and s***, not enforced on me though. I’m quite chil at the moment mind and so is my wife and kids, not so much some of my other family and friends who I worry about daily :(
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:25:01 AM »
I know we shouldn't be taking any pleasure in this most challenging period but the easy mornings (as a non-parent) are an unreal perk. Sure the novelty will wear off soon enough.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:26:29 AM »

Might aim for 100 days.
I'm drinking a lot less as well just the odd night and eating healthier and feeling better for it. Been doing a lot of meal prep and living pretty cheap. Need to keep it up when it goes back to normal.

Yeah I'm the same. I'm not going out spending, so focusing on trying to save and eat good food. Currently munching on some blueberries  :drool:

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:28:57 AM »
Football. Although to be honest I'm not sure I miss actually watching it as much as I thought, just pretty disappointing that some outcomes I was invested in are now unlikely to be resolved. For once I was enjoying the Champions League, and the Serie A title race. Both of which may be consigned to an asterisk. If this had delayed a following season rather than interrupting an active one, I'd have probably barely cared at all.

Looking forward to holidays. Already had to cancel one trip with the lads to Amsterdam in April, thankfully hadn't booked anything for the summer.

So far though it hasn't been too disasterous. The loss of structure and order of a daily routine is being compensated by gaining 2 hours a day from commuting, and saving money. I think my biggest worry to be honest is not what I'm missing, but what might be lost when things go back. Lots of independent pubs, cafes, cinemas, restaurants etc that I'm pretty worried won't be around once this is all over.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:30:51 AM »
the vacations/trips planned with friends and my wife
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:31:04 AM »
Sleep.

My sleep pattern is messed right up like - bored during the day so have been taking some epic afternoon naps, with the obvious consequence that I'm then wide awake in the middle of the night.

I try to read something rather than just lying there thinking, but then I get right into my book and am awake for hours :lol:

Same but without the naps. I’m just not tired when I’m going to bed with the amount of absolutely nothing I’ve been doing.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:31:19 AM »
Oh also I struggle with forcing exercise. Most of mine usually comes from the fact I just walk everywhere and playing football. Forcing myself to do s**** like running and cycling is mind numbing.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:38:48 AM »
Sleep.

Yes, albeit I'm not helping myself by napping during the day when boredom strikes.