NUFC > Football

Coronavirus in football

<< < (2/397) > >>

Disco:
Depending on how long this whole virus thing rages it could be a huge decision for UEFA. f*** the Euros off and extend the seasons and lose out on a trousering of cash? Or prioritise the Euros and ask the leagues to sort their own s*** out which has complications as far as the eye can see?

ElDiablo:
I can't see how they don't suspend the Euros, especially with all the
host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

Disco:

--- Quote from: ElDiablo on Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:07:03 AM ---I can't see how they don't suspend the Euros, especially with all the
host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

--- End quote ---

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Fans attending <<<< those deals. As long as they could have the players safe...

ElDiablo:

--- Quote from: Disco on Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:09:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: ElDiablo on Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:07:03 AM ---I can't see how they don't suspend the Euros, especially with all the

--- End quote ---

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Fans attending <<<< those deals. As long as they could have the players safe...

--- End quote ---

Possibly (I'm no expert). Can't help think it would be political suicide for them to do that. You'd like to think there'd be contract breaks in such big deals.

Optimistic Nut:
They surely have to postpone it a year like. Stop everything for a month and see where we are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version