Author Topic: Coronavirus in football  (Read 97503 times)

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
Re: Coronavirus in football
« Reply #1950 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
Do love Colin mind, even if his football is horrific.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1951 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 02:52:19 PM »

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #1952 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
Well aye, but in the same way me grandma says that sort of stuff but I still love her. Looks a bit like Warnock as well.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1953 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 06:02:31 PM »
Celtic have confirmed that one player has coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

How the f*** was that allowed to happen?

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #1954 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 07:40:57 PM »
Well aye, but in the same way me grandma says that sort of stuff but I still love her. Looks a bit like Warnock as well.

:lol:

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #1955 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
Celtic have confirmed that one player has coronavirus - less than 48 hours after the squad returned from a controversial training trip to Dubai.

And if what's happened so far this season is anything to go by no action will be taken, while the St Mirrens and Kilmarnocks of the league get 3-0  results given against them when they've not been able to fulfil fixtures.

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #1956 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 07:59:03 PM »

And if what's happened so far this season is anything to go by no action will be taken, while the St Mirrens and Kilmarnocks of the league get 3-0  results given against them when they've not been able to fulfil fixtures.

Not yet they haven’t

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #1957 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 08:14:25 PM »
Well it's a bit of a mess isn't it? Those results were awarded then retracted subject to appeal.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #1958 on: Sunday 10 January 2021, 09:42:17 PM »
I still cannot believe they aren't being absolutely obliterated for that decision. It was so short-sighted and brainless :lol:

"But the latest lockdown did come when we were in Dubai, so we had travelled out there thinking everything was OK."

Is that a joke? It was an absolutely hideous situation when they left, the utter b******s, how dare they think they are above it.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Online gdm

• General Member
« Reply #1960 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 12:05:22 PM »
Also

?s=21

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #1961 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 12:11:19 PM »
Nobody* could’ve seen that coming.

*Everybody

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1962 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 12:43:05 PM »
Seems harsh on Fulham to have to play Spurs in 48 hours

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1963 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 12:49:34 PM »

happened as well with some players at Arsenal City etc in the WSL with similar very predictable results, how the f*** can they look at whats going on right now and think oh yes this is a good idea with no possible way it can go wrong 

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #1964 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:08:39 PM »
Dubai seems to be riddled with the virus.

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #1965 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
These teams are using the travel abroad for 'work' exemption to the extreme. They're taking the p*ss and exploiting it.

Online toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #1966 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55615893

I don't see the season ending without a circuit breaker or some type of intervention. Problem with that is extra games and fixture congestion with knock on effects to European competitions. Extending the season a bit makes sense except that messes with the summer tournaments. Even with doing a circuit breaker players clearly can't be trusted to actually stay home or abide by restrictions.

Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Online buzz

• General Member
« Reply #1967 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 06:10:48 PM »

I don't see the season ending without a circuit breaker or some type of intervention. Problem with that is extra games and fixture congestion with knock on effects to European competitions. Extending the season a bit makes sense except that messes with the summer tournaments. Even with doing a circuit breaker players clearly can't be trusted to actually stay home or abide by restrictions.

Surprised the domestic cups went ahead this year tbh

Online toon25

• General Member
« Reply #1968 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 06:28:17 PM »
Do love Colin mind, even if his football is horrific.

Me too  :lol:

Very much a guilty pleasure

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1969 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 07:17:49 PM »

Surprised the domestic cups went ahead this year tbh
not surprised the FA Cup went ahead way too much tradition and weight attached to that to ever consider skipping it, kinda shocked the league cup went ahead, if ever there was something to cut to make some room in the calendar it was that but too late now.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1970 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 08:09:25 PM »

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #1971 on: Thursday 14 January 2021, 01:17:08 PM »
I see now the rugger is off the dickheads in parliament and their mates in the right wing press are back on to getting faux angry at footballers again.

Offline Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #1972 on: Yesterday at 08:21:38 PM »
Saw something about Allardyce telling politicians to stay out of football regarding covid and celebrations. He's got a point, but...

All coming from a bloke who last week wanted football to be stopped completely though...

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #1974 on: Yesterday at 10:00:48 PM »
Saw something about Allardyce telling politicians to stay out of football regarding covid and celebrations. He's got a point, but...

All coming from a bloke who last week wanted football to be stopped completely though...
all part of his cunning plan to avoid relegation by getting the government to stop football and nulling and voiding the season :shifty: