Author Topic: Coronavirus in football  (Read 66116 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Coronavirus in football
« on: Wednesday 11 March 2020, 11:21:37 PM »
« Last Edit: Tuesday 28 July 2020, 01:06:16 PM by BlueStar »
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Coronavirus - Football Edition
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 12:16:59 AM »
while minor in the grand scheme of things have to wonder at the fate of lower league clubs if they have to go behind closed doors, budgets for most of them are tight already without taking out gate reciepts and potentially have to refund a portion of season ticket money

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 12:38:10 AM »
while minor in the grand scheme of things have to wonder at the fate of lower league clubs if they have to go behind closed doors, budgets for most of them are tight already without taking out gate reciepts and potentially have to refund a portion of season ticket money

Read a couple of days ago without support at least a couple will be totally f***ed. Would be huge PR if the PL stepped in, i doubt it’d happen though.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • The perfect food
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 01:40:25 AM »
:lol: :lol: a pandemic stepping in at the last minute to deny Liverpool a title is the funniest s*** imaginable and I don't even particularly dislike Liverpool.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 01:43:43 AM »
?s=21
?s=21

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 01:59:22 AM »
Depending on how long this whole virus thing rages it could be a huge decision for UEFA. f*** the Euros off and extend the seasons and lose out on a trousering of cash? Or prioritise the Euros and ask the leagues to sort their own s*** out which has complications as far as the eye can see?

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:07:03 AM »
I can't see how they don't suspend the Euros, especially with all the
host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:09:14 AM »
host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Fans attending <<<< those deals. As long as they could have the players safe...

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:14:38 AM »

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Possibly (I'm no expert). Can't help think it would be political suicide for them to do that. You'd like to think there'd be contract breaks in such big deals.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 02:31:07 AM »
They surely have to postpone it a year like. Stop everything for a month and see where we are.
?s=21

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 04:56:41 AM »
Wait until Liverpool are within one game of the title then cancel the season.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 06:22:29 AM »

Most of the games are in June though aren’t they?
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 07:59:05 AM »
Find it somewhat depressing that it took a global pandemic to get an empty St James' Park.

On a more serious note I'm incredibly worried for some lower league teams. God knows how many are going to be very badly affected by this.

Meanwhile on a completely selfish level in absolutely gutted that I won't be going to the Euros. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to something this much. :lol: Ah well, this is the situation.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 08:34:18 AM »
Find it somewhat depressing that it took a global pandemic to get an empty St James' Park.

On a more serious note I'm incredibly worried for some lower league teams. God knows how many are going to be very badly affected by this.

Meanwhile on a completely selfish level in absolutely gutted that I won't be going to the Euros. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to something this much. :lol: Ah well, this is the situation.

Same I got tickets and then the world collapses
Typical

Hopefully they transfer them
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 08:45:35 AM »
Presume Euros will be on next summer and they'll try to finish the leagues/CL this summer
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 09:41:50 AM »
Still think it’s unlikely that the Euros will be cancelled/moved. Too much money involved and they dont give a s*** about anyone’s health. Some countries will say that they wont host and UEFA will move the matches to another city. Im sure Russia will gladly host as many games as possible....

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 09:42:58 AM »
On a slightly different slant, I think letting Cheltenham go ahead was the most irresponsible decision in all this - 60000 p*ssed up punters per day, all crammed into a racecourse.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
On a slightly different slant, I think letting Cheltenham go ahead was the most irresponsible decision in all this - 60000 p*ssed up punters per day, all crammed into a racecourse.
Horse racing is frequented by the royal family, and MP’s. Both would likely have horses involved in the races and companies associated with the event. There was no chance of them cancelling it.

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
Horse racing is frequented by the royal family, and MP’s. Both would likely have horses involved in the races and companies associated with the event. There was no chance of them cancelling it.

Exactly. Can't have the Queen upset now can we?

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
real madrid players in isolation now

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:07:01 AM »
?s=21

Offline SteV

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:09:23 AM »
?s=21

Wonder if we'll do similar for Bournemouth....

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:16:01 AM »
La Liga completely suspended

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:28:28 AM »
(for two weeks)

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 11:46:42 AM »
anything to be said for settling the season by playing out the fixtures between the teams on FIFA?